Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
reddog

Why is a pool table a sign of success?

Recommended Posts

Just noticed the dailymail seem to be giving a free advert to Zoopla:

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-4832580/Zoopla-reveals-popular-houses-sale-August.html

 

Anyway, a few of the gaffs seem to have pool/snooker tables.  Even though the aren't really that big.

 

Just wondering why it is that in the UK if you live in anything bigger than a 3 bed semi, there is a good chance you'll try to jam a pool table into the place?

 

(Disclaimer, I like a game of pool in the pub as much as the next man, but if I had a 4 bedder, I wouldn't waste one room on a pool table that I would hardly ever use)

Edited by reddog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sawitcoming said:

No mercy in the comments.

How times have changed. 

This. In the past, an article that suggested a fall in house prices, or even suggested that house prices were too high, the comments section would still be full of HPI+++++ messages.

Not any more. It's been this way for maybe the past 1-2 years. 2015 felt like the starting point. Times are changing, and they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because, if you can waste enough space for a pool table, you must be rich.

Fortunately, VR has solved that problem for the kids who have to live in a shared house..

 

 

Edited by MarkG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkG said:

Because, if you can waste enough space for a pool table, you must be rich.

Fortunately, VR has solved that problem for the kids who have to live in a shared house..

 

Unless you're a pro, you still need the full space.....

That makes me laugh every time !!!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an awful looking 2 bedroomed flat for sale in my area with a broken boiler that had a pool table in one of the bedrooms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Drummer said:

This. In the past, an article that suggested a fall in house prices, or even suggested that house prices were too high, the comments section would still be full of HPI+++++ messages.

Not any more. It's been this way for maybe the past 1-2 years. 2015 felt like the starting point. Times are changing, and they will.

Yes, I definitely feel that the public opinion on the topic of  'are ridiculously high house prices a good thing?' has started to swing towards "No" after years of the consensus being that it was the best thing ever.

Probably prompted by demographic change - more and more people are now locked out of any chance of home ownership and forced to pay exorbitant rents, even as their earning power is weak and they realise that they aren't ever going to have a decent pension at the end of it.

The prix who made out like bandits under runaway HPI are almost certainly as big a fan of HPI as ever, though, it's not like people have wised up - just that the disenfranchised are growing in numbers compared to the housing lottery winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Si1 said:

It's vulgar and sad.

F#ck me - slow news day guys? 

A.) Who cares

B.) How's it vulgar and sad? It's not my tastes but it's hardly sad.

Honestly couldn't give a sh#t what someone puts in their house. If they like pool and want a pool table, fair enough.

I agree with the HPC train of thought but you lot don't half get bitter because someone has a bit more than you do.

Get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bhoy said:

F#ck me - slow news day guys? 

A.) Who cares

B.) How's it vulgar and sad? It's not my tastes but it's hardly sad.

Honestly couldn't give a sh#t what someone puts in their house. If they like pool and want a pool table, fair enough.

I agree with the HPC train of thought but you lot don't half get bitter because someone has a bit more than you do.

Get over it.

Finally found someone who has a table I think :lol: 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bhoy said:

F#ck me - slow news day guys? 

A.) Who cares

B.) How's it vulgar and sad? It's not my tastes but it's hardly sad.

Honestly couldn't give a sh#t what someone puts in their house. If they like pool and want a pool table, fair enough.

I agree with the HPC train of thought but you lot don't half get bitter because someone has a bit more than you do.

Get over it.

I appear to care less about it than you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Finally found someone who has a table I think :lol: 

No. I enjoy pool, not enough for a table.

Would rather use the room for something else. Certainly don't begrudge someone using their own room for whatever they want to do it in...... their room, their choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, reddog said:

Just wondering why it is that in the UK if you live in anything bigger than a 3 bed semi, there is a good chance you'll try to jam a pool table into the place?

Erm.. because pool/snooker is great fun? Especially when having friends around. I'd get a snooker table if I had a spare room big enough, but alas I will have to make do with my retro gaming man cave for now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pmgdawau said:

how long before the cue ball gets replaced due to white privilege

And the balls themselves? Clearly a symbol of male patriarchy!

And the cue itself is phallic, so also must be banned.

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, opt_out said:

Why wouldn't you have a pool table if you've got the space?

Give me some better options for a  spare room .....

 

 

Home sauna

a/v room

Home office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 293 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.