House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planning permission declined

Family member wanted to build a 5 bed detached house on land which surrounds their parents house.  The parents were giving them a plot of land within the total estate which is 1 or 2 acres.

The house would have been no closer than 200m to any surrounding properties, shielded by forest on all sides.  

I'm struggling to understand why permission would have been declined.

There should be a delegation report for you to read that will explain the relevant policies. 

I took years fighting planners due to various policies. I eventually discovered the joy of permitted development and various loopholes.

13 minutes ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

There should be a delegation report for you to read that will explain the relevant policies. 

I took years fighting planners due to various policies. I eventually discovered the joy of permitted development and various loopholes.

Does the council keep them on file as public record? I'm just being nosey and can't ask the family member direct.

28 minutes ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Does the council keep them on file as public record? I'm just being nosey and can't ask the family member direct.

Yes, some basic googling for the relevant district council should find it. You will probably be able to view the video of the relevant discussion too.

11 hours ago, reddog said:

It is on green belt?

Bingo! Can't find anything on the council website, but looking on a map of greenbelt that must be it. They're on the outskirts of sevenoaks. Great example of the problem with our housing market and planning system. Young FTBs priced out, even when boomer generation give them land they can't build somewhere.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:26 PM, AdamoMucci said:

Yes, some basic googling for the relevant district council should find it. You will probably be able to view the video of the relevant discussion too a one line fabrication of supposed minutes that bears no resemblance to what was discussed at the planning committee meeting.

fixed in the manner that reflects my own personal experience from 18 months ago.

On 30/08/2017 at 3:35 PM, Sledgehead said:

fixed in the manner that reflects my own personal experience from 18 months ago.

Heh. Are you suggesting some rigging?

The one I have viewed was eye opening. Majority knew they should decline, government advisers there clearly reading the relevant law to them. A small number approved, the rest abstained.

On 29/08/2017 at 1:16 PM, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Family member wanted to build a 5 bed detached house on land which surrounds their parents house.  The parents were giving them a plot of land within the total estate which is 1 or 2 acres.

The house would have been no closer than 200m to any surrounding properties, shielded by forest on all sides.  

I'm struggling to understand why permission would have been declined.

Presumably they forgot to include the appropriate backhanders to those concerned at the council?