House Price Crash Forum

lol, I like the bit that says:  "A house in Wellesley Road sold for £3,100,000. Picture: Google Streetview " (only £3.1 mill)

Next to that article it almost looks like their version of: "Here we see Nuambe, she has to walk 5 miles everyday to collect water for her family"

Edited by Arpeggio

Yeah stamp duty is the problem. Why I was just going to pay near 1/4 Million on a house and mortgage myself to the hilt, but then stopped at the thought of paying a few thousand extra to HMRC.

crack den? is that the american HMO equivalent? seems like the only place outside of friends series or other student type sitcom sheeet i see unrelated americans sharing a house, and i mean sharing major facilities, at least students are usually friends or equivalent peer groups.

4 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

That website is so 2002... who the f*** designed that!?!?

I'd go beyond that mate. I remember flogging website design like that back in 1999.

And "Stamp Duty stopping house purchases"? What an absolute load of cods! Is Brexit in the list of ******** excuses too?

5 hours ago, Princekie said:

I'd go beyond that mate. I remember flogging website design like that back in 1999.

And "Stamp Duty stopping house purchases"? What an absolute load of cods! Is Brexit in the list of ******** excuses too?

Well at least they haven't blamed lack of building

yet.

'Andrew warns that isn’t just something for estate agents to worry about. He says, “Should turnover continue at these present levels then there is going to be a significant glut of new build property languishing un-sold on the open market '

So this is how an open and free market works?  Never mind that the taxpayer is already stumping up  a 40% subsidy of the purchase price, 240k, for every house languishing on the "open" market. This is money already paid by taxpayers in order to artificially pump up the selling price.  So selling prices are already 40% above the "open market" value.  Perhaps he should consult a few manufacturing bosses and retailers to learn something about how to deal with a glut of unsold stock.  That paragraph just underlined for me what a level of insanity we have reached. 

On 27/08/2017 at 6:48 PM, bomberbrown said:

I always thought Chiswick was where the "Birds of a Feather" TV programme women lived and ergo a made up town?....

....and I live in London. ?

That's Chigwell (Essex).

There was an episode of 'Property Ladder' based in Chiswick.  When that one aired back around 2003/4 the husband and wife developers came in for a hell of a lot of stick by us members on the old Channel 4 '4Homes' forum. The house was overdeveloped. Husband joined the forum to tell us all how mean we were. The wife thought herself as the best Interior Designer in the world and she especially got some stick.