House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
goldbug9999

EU residents s@dding off due to brexit

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/may2017

• Net long-term international migration was estimated to be +248,000 in 2016, down 84,000 from 2015 (statistically significant); immigration was estimated to be 588,000 and emigration 339,000.

• The net migration change was driven by a statistically significant increase in emigration up 40,000 from 2015, mainly EU citizens (117,000, up 31,000 from 2015) and a decrease of 43,000 in immigration (not statistically significant).

Close the door on your way out cheers.

2 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/may2017

• Net long-term international migration was estimated to be +248,000 in 2016, down 84,000 from 2015 (statistically significant); immigration was estimated to be 588,000 and emigration 339,000.

• The net migration change was driven by a statistically significant increase in emigration up 40,000 from 2015, mainly EU citizens (117,000, up 31,000 from 2015) and a decrease of 43,000 in immigration (not statistically significant).

Close the door on your way out cheers.

I started a thread 12 months ago saying I thought the EU lot has started to leave.  

it was a poll and it came out as:

Yes: 29.27% 

No: 70.73%

Perhaps they are, but I wouldnt believe the state propaganda as far as I could throw it.

Anyone with half a brain would have been off by now.  The UK is going to become pretty unpleasant soon enough

The problem is the hard working, well motivated types, who are put off by the low pound will be the ones going home or to work elsewhere in europe. People who feel they cant do better elsewhere, who dont have the means to relocate, will stay.

29 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

How much of this is due to the weakening £? And if that situation changes??

Polish bloke at work was bemoaning this fact.  Say the house he bought in Poland is not becoming very expensive to pay for. 

Oh, the irony.

30 minutes ago, Errol said:

Finally, some good news.

What the 33K leaving or the 250K arriving ?

Makes a mockery of this nonsense...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-economy-food-idUKKCN1B32Q1

Also, they word it in such a way it looks like immigration is falling.

I can remember around 08/09 the government telling us the drop in the pound meant a lot of the Europeans would leave, do not to worry ourselves about our march back to the workhouses.

Il believe it when the drawbridge has been pulled up.

19 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What the 33K leaving or the 250K arriving ?

Makes a mockery of this nonsense...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-economy-food-idUKKCN1B32Q1

Also, they word it in such a way it looks like immigration is falling.

Whilst the number remains above zero it's bad news, but a decline in the rate of increase is better than we've had recently.

33 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Whilst the number remains above zero it's bad news, but a decline in the rate of increase is better than we've had recently.

If we need immigrants then let immigrants in....but we have millions doing nothing and no houses, everything is full up.  The logical thing to do is stop it...but they dont give a f**k because they priofit from more slaves/sheeple.

49 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

I can remember around 08/09 the government telling us the drop in the pound meant a lot of the Europeans would leave, do not to worry ourselves about our march back to the workhouses.

Il believe it when the drawbridge has been pulled up.

The lied, IMHO.  pure and simple.

Given Westminsters form, they're lying now :lol: 

2 hours ago, rantnrave said:

How much of this is due to the weakening £? And if that situation changes??

Of the EUers i know, most of it.

Most did tgere sums at £1=1.8€.

Different ballgame at almost parity.

Fck they say. Ive had my wages halved. Fckit.

Sadly, they are being replaced by low skilled tax creditors.

£/Zloty was lower in July 2011.

When was there ever 1.8 euros/£ ?  Added in edit, I can see it now, year 2000, 17 years ago.

It was 1.14 as recently as August 2013.  We briefly plumbed lower depths in 2008.

Having said that, we do appear to be in a continuing downward trend at present and I am sure it is a major factor in any EUers leaving.  Along with the fact there is no hope of any significant pay rises.

Edited by kzb

Thirty-six percent of companies in the survey said their businesses would be unviable without access to EU workers.

Untill recently UK nationals were EU workers- so where's the problem? Just hire locals. Of course this may require a hike in wages but that's called the free market- a very popular concept among business owners until it involves paying more for labour at which point they demand government intervention to rig the labour market by maintaining their supply of cheap eastern european workers- whose legendary 'work ethic' seems to have suddenly vanished in the face of a declining pound.

It turns out that people from eastern europe are not fools prepared to work hard for meagre pay after all- they are voting with their feet and who can blame them?- why should they contine to be exploited by low paying british employers when the numbers for them no longer add up?

During WW2 we imported 10% of our food and there was food shortages. Due to population increase we now import (some estimates) as much as 65% of our food.

our gas

our electric

our fuel 

What happens if our currency crashes, ww3, environmental disaster.. etc

What if automation is as distructive as predicted, huge unemployment drags the welfare state to collapse..

i know it's a bit out there as a point of view but the bigger your population the harder you fall! 

1 hour ago, macca13 said:

During WW2 we imported 10% of our food and there was food shortages. Due to population increase we now import (some estimates) as much as 65% of our food.

And still some people claim that UK isn't overpopulated!

6 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Yes but I expect land could be put to better use...much of the land around the outside of Winchester not far from me is used as pony paddocks for girls from rich families to play in.  Forget housing, employment use or food production or any productive use.

1 hour ago, Wayward said:

Yes but I expect land could be put to better use...much of the land around the outside of Winchester Westminster not far from me is used as school debating paddocks for boys girls from rich families to play in.  Forget housing, employment use or food production or any productive use.

On 24/08/2017 at 5:03 PM, kzb said:

£/Zloty was lower in July 2011

The pound isn't very low against the zloty compared to the last decade.

The average Pole returning home takes £1300 with them. Not significant.

Far bigger effect of a 30% wage rise since 2008 and halving of unemployment to 7% in Poland. 

21 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Get rid of all the immigrants and it will still be true. Going to start on the locals next? Deport the chavs? The unemployed? 

On 8/24/2017 at 4:48 PM, spyguy said:

Of the EUers i know, most of it.

Most did tgere sums at £1=1.8€.

Different ballgame at almost parity.

Fck they say. Ive had my wages halved. Fckit.

Sadly, they are being replaced by low skilled tax creditors.

Are you ever going to acknowledge that most of the eastern EU countries are not in the euro, so the £:€ exchange rate means nothing?

1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Are you ever going to acknowledge that most of the eastern EU countries are not in the euro, so the £:€ exchange rate means nothing?

And the fact that migrant workers here spend their money here, so the exchange rate is no more relevant than it it to the indigenous population.