Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
3 hours ago, spyguy said:

You might want to read my comments on Readung in the regional forum.

I have some problems convincung the boosters on my theory, which looks like its coming true day by day.

Reading prices are bonkers. I noticed the rental market has taken a hit so the cost of town centre flats will come down shortly after.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
2 hours ago, longgone said:

savings rates going up then ?

In short, yes. Already happening

A year ago, easy access savings accounts (ie, with no silly direct debit faffing around, one year bonuses and four-figure deposit limits etc) fell pretty much to 1.00%. Ulster Bank currently offering 1.25%. Yes, that's dire in the light of inflation etc, but rates have clawed back the BoE's 0.25% cut by themselves. The pace of gain seems to be accelerating too.

(information gleaned from the excellent Savings Champion)

People are saving less as well - theoretically boosting competition for the shrinking pool of savings out there: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41038932

Edited by rantnrave

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, rantnrave said:

In short, yes. Already happening

A year ago, easy access savings accounts (ie, with no silly direct debit faffing around, one year bonuses and four-figure deposit limits etc) fell pretty much to 1.00%. Ulster Bank currently offering 1.25%. Yes, that's dire in the light of inflation etc, but rates have clawed back the BoE's 0.25% cut by themselves. The pace of gain seems to be accelerating too.

(information gleaned from the excellent Savings Champion)

still dire i was getting 11k a year back in 2007 ! now luck if i can get 2k

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, houseface2000 said:

I had a dream that bank rate dropped to zero. I really feel this will be coming our way soon.

How does the base rate track against average mortgage rates. I imagine there is some correlation, but I guess banks charge whatever they want to cover percieved risk.

HOLA4413

Unless you have a stash load of reddies and a really good job with potential why would you move to commuter belt and all the expensive and timely travelling that curtails......surely you would move somewhere else..... rational or irrational thinking?;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
23 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Shawbrooks certainly have over the last 6 months.

Not heard of them before, so had a quick look. 

First ad on their page was an over-55's IO mortgage offer.

Not good for the blood pressure, clicked back pretty sharpish.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
23 hours ago, ARENAPUA said:

I truly do believe sentiment is changing, albeit slowly...and that change is coming...

A slow and steady decline will be difficult to reverse once it takes hold and is exacerbated by interest rate rises, however small..we just need that momentum...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/property-prices-in-commuter-towns-slashed-as-rail-season-tickets-continue-to-rise-a3618086.html

It's the only reason I eventually joined HPC after years of having the odd peek knowing that nothing was going to happen just yet. I just hope I am not years too early as well.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
6 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Hyper inflation.

Usually happens after money printing.

Legs, arms and anything else I can cross hoping you are right, but cannot see it anytime soon

would have expected hyper inflation 2009 ish

Edited by Guest

HOLA4425