• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Just been down to my local shopping precinct. I live in an alright area, I would say it is respectable working class. But it has some areas around it that are very poor and people from those areas shop here.

Vanquis Bank - the bank who do credit cards for people who have bad credit - have a stand down there. They had several dodgy looking young men who looked like spivs who were harrassing shoppers to get their credit card. Seen them there before, didn't think too much of it.

However today I saw one of these young men approach an old lady on a bench and start hassling her really badly to get a card. She was saying 'I don't have any money, I'm on benefits'. And he's saying 'That doesn't matter, it doesn't mean that you're going to spend £900 on the card, it's just there if you want it'. She seemed to be quite confused and was quite old and he was really pushing it on her despite the fact that you could see she was a bit vulnerable because of her age and the fact that she wasn't quite able to concentrate.

And she's saying repeatedly that she's on benefits and doesn't have any money and he's going on and on at her that it doesn't matter and she should get the card. He was really hard selling it to her and then started hassling her 'Just to give me your details so I can check if you can get one'. And she gave it to him eventually and he took them and went off on his mobile phone to get the card approved. 

He was really bullying her and giving her the hard sell and giving her age and infirmity it was really inappropriate.

I'm absolutely apoplectic, have these people not learnt anything from the credit crunch? I really regret not going to stop him and feel really ashamed of myself in retrospect

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1858720-To-be-absolutely-******ing-outraged-by-Vanquis-Banks-marketing-methods

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
10 minutes ago, M21er said:

There is a £120m Retail Bond due for redemption on 4 October 2017 ( PF17 7% Provident Financial Note 2017 ) - this is going to concentrate minds if the funds aren't there to redeem.

M21er,nice to see you posting,any chance you can come back and do us an auction thread like the old days.The last few down south have been brutal for northern BTLers where places are selling for 50% off 2006/7................................?

HOLA4412

http://www.stockopedia.com/share-prices/provident-financial-LON:PFG/

Provident Financial plc is a United Kingdom-based non-standard lender. The Company's divisions include Vanquis Bank Limited (Vanquis Bank), Consumer Credit Division (CCD) and Moneybarn. Its segments include Vanquis Bank, CCD, Moneybarn and Central. The Company serves non-standard credit customers  ( READ AS SUB PRIME,IMHO ) with a range of products from credit cards and car finance, to home credit and online unsecured, and guarantor loans. Vanquis Bank is engaged in the provision of credit cards. CCD is engaged in home credit business in the United Kingdom and Ireland. CCD includes Provident, which offers home credit loans; Satsuma, which is an online instalment loan product, and glo, which is a guarantor loans product. Moneybarn is engaged in the provision of vehicle finance. Its subsidiaries within CCD are Provident Financial Management Services Limited, Provident Personal Credit Limited and Greenwood Personal Credit Limited. Its Central segment includes its subsidiary, Central Provident Investments plc.

All joking aside...This is quite serious.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

every time I read the name crook I'm immediately transported back to the terraces sometime in the nineties against Norwich who had Ian(?) Crook playing for them

he trotted over to take a throw in infront of us and one of our fans shouted out "Oi Crook!..... you're a.... crook!"

not sure if he felt proud or stupid saying it but it still makes me chuckle 

HOLA4415
Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Provident Financial plc is a United Kingdom-based non-standard lender. The Company's divisions include Vanquis Bank Limited (Vanquis Bank), Consumer Credit Division (CCD) and Moneybarn. Its segments include Vanquis Bank, CCD, Moneybarn and Central. The Company serves non-standard credit customers  ( READ AS SUB PRIME,IMHO ) with a range of products from credit cards and car finance, to home credit and online unsecured, and guarantor loans. Vanquis Bank is engaged in the provision of credit cards. CCD is engaged in home credit business in the United Kingdom and Ireland. CCD includes Provident, which offers home credit loans; Satsuma, which is an online instalment loan product, and glo, which is a guarantor loans product. Moneybarn is engaged in the provision of vehicle finance. Its subsidiaries within CCD are Provident Financial Management Services Limited, Provident Personal Credit Limited and Greenwood Personal Credit Limited. Its Central segment includes its subsidiary, Central Provident Investments plc.

Peter Crook and his mates must have been having a laugh when they came up with names likes Satsuma and Money barn.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
9 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

'non-standard credit customers'

Haha. Hilarious that this is still going on after 2007.

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, Errol said:

'non-standard credit customers'

Haha. Hilarious that this is still going on after 2007.

I said 10 years ago, the banks need to be regulated.  They refuse  to regulate them and this is what happens.

it's criminal.

it would appear we are at peak stupidity.

And fair play to the old woman for saying she had no money

HOLA4425