House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCountOfNowhere

Nationwide arm bands advert

Just watched a nationwide advert with some poet talking about letting air out of arm bands to help his child swim.

No mention of wrapping the arm band round the child's neck then inflating it till it can no longer breath, then when the arm band explodes takes your child's head clean off :lol:

Are the NW taking the p#ss?

The bankers are sick.

12 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Just watched a nationwide advert with some poet talking about letting air out of arm bands to help his child swim.-------------snip

Vomity advert the one jiltedjen mentioned? 

These NW adverts are entertaining for morbid interest. I can always tell one. Lloyds "by your side" with slo mo black horse and acapella Fat Boy Slim makes my skin crawl a bit too.

11 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Just watched a nationwide advert with some poet talking about letting air out of arm bands to help his child swim.

No mention of wrapping the arm band round the child's neck then inflating it till it can no longer breath, then when the arm band explodes takes your child's head clean off :lol:

The bankers are sick.

:D class

13 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The bankers are sick.

Haven't seen it - how bizarre. 

Is it a metaphor for 'we're going to reduce the size of your permitted overdrafts so that you'll learn to 'swim' without them?' 

20 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

Haven't seen it - how bizarre. 

Is it a metaphor for 'we're going to reduce the size of your permitted overdrafts so that you'll learn to 'swim' without them?' 

Is the lifeguard Canadian ?

23 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The bankers are sick.

:lol:

haven't seen advert and won't either - I don't have a TV.  haven't in years...very positive step...I don't miss it at all.  I think seeing the advert referred to here would spoil my mood for the entire evening

I just caught the Nationwide Flo & Joan advert on television. I understand the stars do a lot of songs on their YouTube. I’m not sure what to make of this ? 

On 21/08/2017 at 9:54 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The bankers are sick.

Missed this thread. And the ad - netflix.

Id suggest letting the capital out of the tax payer backed support.

2 hours ago, Ash4781 said:

I just caught the Nationwide Flo & Joan advert on television. I understand the stars do a lot of songs on their YouTube. I’m not sure what to make of this ?

It's the first advert I have ever seen trying to sell something by actually implying "this is crap but you should buy it anyway".

Of course normally most other adverts talk about the virtues and benefits of a product and try to project in a positive light because they actually exist in a competitive market in the big bad real world.

8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

It's the first advert I have ever seen trying to sell something by actually implying "this is crap but you should buy it anyway".

Totally agree. How are people so brain dead to accept this?!

This is part of a bigger plan to normalise lower living standards. Too many people think it will be alright in the end and it's the right course of action as their parents bought a small place at first. They are ignoring that the small place use to be 2x single salery not hefty deposit from BOMAD and joint salery required. 

6 hours ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

Totally agree. How are people so brain dead to accept this?!

This is part of a bigger plan to normalise lower living standards. Too many people think it will be alright in the end and it's the right course of action as their parents bought a small place at first. They are ignoring that the small place use to be 2x single salery not hefty deposit from BOMAD and joint salery required. 

Well yes and presumably they believe these dumps will inflate in value in real terms as they have over recent decades so the £250,000 bedsit today will be worth over £1,000,000 in 20 years time and will be 15-20 times average salary...after all prices only go up.

These companies are wasting their precious time and money,

everyone knows Tellievision programming does not work because people are freethinking individuals, impossible to brainwash in any way shape or form.

It says here.

Anecdote, related to young peoples aspirations around housing.

Me and the wife took our young children to some sort of cr@ppy overpriced night lantern woodland walk (basically some coloured lamps pointing up at trees, great.)

Place was properly RAMMED full of bored looking families shuffling along in line taking photos on their phones of coloured lamps pointing into trees. Great.

Before we embarked on the magical walk I went to buy a coffee for me and the wife from a hut, was pleased to see it had a bean to cup machine in there and was only about 2.10 or 2.40 or something which seemed ok value compared to what I usually pay and what I was expecting to be charged in this type of place with a captive audience etc.

Youngsters working in the hut boy and girl were chatting about something or other I was holding the two cups of coffee and guarding a pushchair waiting for the wife like always so stood around in earshot of the hut, they must have been 16-18 I would guess, I would also guess they were on minimum wage or less or cash in hand few quid an hour whatever.

Girl says "yeah I'd love to live in a converted barn"

Converted barns range anywhere from £500k to £millions around here love. Average salary is about £25k around here love, gross.

perception is reality I guess.

True story, don't ask me to tell it again.

Nationwide? The Nationwide that was so inept that it couldn't even manage its own affairs and went bust and had to be bailed out?

Utter cretins. Couldn't be trusted to manage anything.

thought experiment: under an exponentially expanding DEBTmoney supply, doesn't EVERYTHING have to be bailed out eventually?

18 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

Can't be any worse than Richard Ayeode fronting HSBCs in-ya-face campaign ad to reverse Brexit:

HSBC Ad

is that the afro guy from the IT crowd?

I saw him fronting some sort of crystal maze for celebrities over Christmas proper wtf moment