House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
reddog

Is FiatChrysler about to be bought by some Chinese car maker I have never heard of?

Chinese car company that owns London Taxi Co. also owns Volvo cars. ZHEJIANG GEELY HOLDING GROUP CO. LTD 

They have a habit of making jokes with the naming of their cars.  One of their European trademark applications is LYNK&CO which may sound phonetically like Lincoln. The name they gave to the London Taxi is a amusing as it sounds like how Chinese tend to say London. One model launched in China has a name that sounds like they are saying "better than the other two" -referring to the two state manufacturers of cars.

USA bailed out Ford and GM after the crash. As they blackmail governments around the world by threatening to close down factories unless they get a handout, I'd suggest to GEELY that they market two models, one call the GMBumsRush and the other called FordPanHandler.

15 minutes ago, Travisher said:

Chinese car company that owns London Taxi Co. also owns Volvo cars. ZHEJIANG GEELY HOLDING GROUP CO. LTD 

They have a habit of making jokes with the naming of their cars.  One of their European trademark applications is LYNK&CO which may sound phonetically like Lincoln. The name they gave to the London Taxi is a amusing as it sounds like how Chinese tend to say London. One model launched in China has a name that sounds like they are saying "better than the other two" -referring to the two state manufacturers of cars.

USA bailed out Ford and GM after the crash. As they blackmail governments around the world by threatening to close down factories unless they get a handout, I'd suggest to GEELY that they market two models, one call the GMBumsRush and the other called FordPanHandler.

That I carry around what is basically a sophisticated surveillance device branded 'Who-are-we' has always struck me as taking the piss. Cheap tho, good phone.