House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic Apple

Repo Spotter

1st Repo I've seen in a while in my search areas/criteria*! Used to see plenty of the signs in 2010/2011 but have not seen any in the past few years!

Anyone else noticing the lack of or increase in taped up toilets/appliances?

* No flats, which probably get repo'd more often. But I wasn't looking for flats before either.

Edited by Northern Welsh Midlander

That habit of banks taping up the facilities to avoid council tax saved me about £17k in 2011 :-)

It really spooks the average buyer to see warning tape on everything.

Make a really low offer. They will pretend others are interested but just hold your nerve and say its your final offer.

Went to see one with a friend in March this year. Bank had repossessed it after lending out a CRAZY amount of money to someone who couldn't afford the repayments. Saw a flying freehold in July last year which was next door to an obnoxious property grabbing baby boomer, who'd basically bought all of the land around the house and spent most of the time telling my friend what was hers and where he couldn't stand/park/breathe.

No surprise that this same witch bought the house at auction for a knockdown price, after scaring away any potential purchaser. I was tempted to buy it myself and set up a bail hostel/retreat for ex-offenders/junkies. 

50 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

3 bed town house in Halifax ( average wage ? ) 140K

And that's  a repo ?

Holy ***k.

Is money just worthless.

Average is sub 20k I'm sure. 

That house isn't even great, steep steps from the on street parking on a busy main road (main route Halifax <> Bradford). Village is nice enough.

17 minutes ago, Travisher said:

Make a really low offer. They will pretend others are interested but just hold your nerve and say its your final offer.

Doesn't meet my requirements, even if it did I wouldn't buy on that main road. If I were very bored I'd string them along as Ludbrooks seem to be the main kite flyers agent in that area (fairly recent entrant too, don't think they were about at all when I bought in 2011).

10 minutes ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Average is sub 20k I'm sure. 

That house isn't even great, steep steps from the on street parking on a busy main road (main route Halifax <> Bradford). Village is nice enough.

Doesn't meet my requirements, even if it did I wouldn't buy on that main road. If I were very bored I'd string them along as Ludbrooks seem to be the main kite flyers agent in that area (fairly recent entrant too, don't think they were about at all when I bought in 2011).

I keep saying it, it criminal.  ACanadian bloke magics £115,000,000,000 out of thin air then tells the bankers to get access to it they need to push down IRs to f**k all ( destroying productivity and peoples savings in the process), then they lend it to anyone desperate/mad enough to buy at these prices, ensuring a lifetime of debt slavery.

I cannot believe what these ****s have got away with.

Can anyone explain to me why what the f**k is going on ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

9 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I keep saying it, it criminal.  ACanadian bloke magics £115,000,000,000 out of thin air then tells the bankers to get access to it they need to push down IRs to f**k all ( destroying productivity and peoples savings in the process), then they lend it to anyone desperate/mad enough to buy at these prices, ensuring a lifetime of debt slavery.

I cannot believe what these ****s have got away with.

Can anyone explain to me why what the f**k is going on ?

sadly the plebs don`t know this. i still find people who think banks use your savings to lend to borrowers :lol: laughable really .

instead of algebra why not educate the kids that they need to work hard and get into lots of debt so they can earn better money to buy overpriced houses from imaginary electronically generated funds that make their noose home more expensive.