House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

There is no bubble...

Some stuff like this nor selling for 5 years when it was priced around £250K mark.

Now with the help of Term Funding asking price is at £415K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68428625.html

Of course, the bankers will; tell you there is no bubble, but when someone expect you to pay £415K for this in NORTHAMPTON then you know something is really really not right and collpase must be happening as I type.

Average wage in Northampton, according to this:

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Location=Northampton-England:-Northamptonshire/Hourly_Rate

£24K.

So this bang average property is 17 times average salary !!!!

And still the bubbleteers refuse to act.

The bankers should be arrested en-masse for their crimes.  IMHO

House prices: Northants leads Midlands 'mini-boom', says Rightmove

Asking prices for homes in Northamptonshire have jumped by 9.1% over the past year, the biggest increase in England and Wales, Rightmove said today, as London’s unaffordable property market has driven people to buy further away and commute.

Years of rapid price increases have made London and the south unaffordable to many buyers, prompting them to look further afield. It takes less than an hour to travel from Northampton or Bedford to central London by train, while cities such as Birmingham and Norwich have buzzing business scenes.

Adam Wellesley, director of Horts estate agents in Northamptonshire, said the rise in prices was “likely to be down to the close vicinity for commuters to get to London Euston, as you can now get there within 48 minutes”.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/21/house-prices-northants-leads-midlands-mini-boom-says-rightmove

Sadly the local multiple means feck all really when you're within reach of London. But, annual train season ticket from Northampton £5412, or £6356 including Tfl tube/bus, so potentially £158,900 in commuting costs over the term of your 25 year mortgage, not accounting for RPI increases.

Edited by Barnsey

12 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/21/house-prices-northants-leads-midlands-mini-boom-says-rightmove

Sadly the local multiple means feck all really when you're within reach of London. But, annual train season ticket from Northampton £5412, or £6356 including Tfl tube/bus, so potentially £158,900 in commuting costs over the term of your 25 year mortgage, not accounting for RPI increases.

Criminal fraud. I know no other words for it.

And as london implodes....these people paying fortunes for poor quality housing with ever increasing transport costs are well and truly f**ked.

Sorry nowhere in the uk is a 4 bed detached "bang average". I don't remember coronation street panning over a street of 4 bed detacheds. Next you'll be telling me the average punter does have a  (Artemis?) bust on their bath! ? Classy 

6 minutes ago, locky82 said:

Sorry nowhere in the uk is a 4 bed detached "bang average". I don't remember coronation street panning over a street of 4 bed detacheds. Next you'll be telling me the average punter does have a  (Artemis?) bust on their bath! ? Classy 

Kevin Webster gets pig sick of fixing all those Jags.

15 minutes ago, locky82 said:

Are you kidding me ?

Flat/Terrace: Starter home.

3/4 bed detached in a sh*t area: Average

5/6 bed/large houses in big plots:  Top of the pyramid.

Mansion/Palance 1% ers.

I think the bankers/establishment have managed to brain wash you.

Maybe you can enlighten us to what you think an average house is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

That house in question woulda struggled to sell for £220/£250K 3 years ago, was only worth about 150K in line with inflation/wages, now some deluded/corruption/fraudster/desperado thinks it should sell for £400K+ whilst bankers magic money out of thin are to support the price.

Now you're telling me someone earning £100K+  can aspire to live in a poorly build sh*t hole in east hunsbury northampton.

You clearly know what you are talking about so I can pack this in now and you can take over, cheers.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

1 hour ago, Barnsey said:

There is a downside to this idea of commuting to london.

You would have to LIVE in Northampton (Gulp!)

2 minutes ago, locky82 said:

The average house is obviously the 3 bed semi. Which in that area sells for around 200k. Are you in a Jamaican bobslay team? 

So by that logic, just the  8-10x average salary.

3 bed semis were selling for 120K  36 months ago and they were in bubble price territory!!!

I hate to think what your aspirations in life are.

What EAs exactly do you work for ?  The same one trying to convince some poor ******* to pay 400K+ for a house in East hunsbury that might have sold for 220K 3 years ago and was still 30% over priced even then.

3 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

There is a downside to this idea of commuting to london.

You would have to LIVE in Northampton (Gulp!)

And pay a fortune to do so.

The commuting prices are about 6-7K, that's 10K before tax...and doesnt including the parking.

I can understand it if people were paying 2002-2004 prices, but they are paying 2004 + 100% now. 

I've seen a couple of places near me come on the market this year for a bit more than some ejit from london paid, one of them is now 50K down on what they paid and one is sat there unsold at 2015 price + 100K.

The bang average east hunsbury house make the other two look like bargains, but I can assure you they are now.

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Some stuff like this nor selling for 5 years when it was priced around £250K mark.

Now with the help of Term Funding asking price is at £415K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68428625.html

Of course, the bankers will; tell you there is no bubble, but when someone expect you to pay £415K for this in NORTHAMPTON then you know something is really really not right and collpase must be happening as I type.

Average wage in Northampton, according to this:

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Location=Northampton-England:-Northamptonshire/Hourly_Rate

£24K.

So this bang average property is 17 times average salary !!!!

And still the bubbleteers refuse to act.

The bankers should be arrested en-masse for their crimes.  IMHO

I am more curious to know why the car's bonnet is prone on the front wall - it almost looks like a car crash in slow motion.

Edited by MARTINX9

8 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I am more curious to know why the car's bonnet is prone on the front wall - it almost looks like a car crash in slow motion.

I am more curious as to why a house with a converted garage on a sh*t estate is worth 400K+, when 2/3 years ago no one would pay 200K for them.

No wonder the RM asking prices for NHs are up 10%, the prices are f**king delusional.  The people buying into this will be f**ked, good and proper.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere