House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Silihull

I know, should be Solihull, but even after £150K from the price is still silli.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67580048.html

21/08/2017,
  • Price changed: £700,000 Offers Over £650,000
29/07/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: Primus have a beautiful presented detached family home to offer, What we love about this home has a modern twist with a high specification running throughout. Call today to find out more! property: ***STUNNING DECORATION THROUGHOUT*** ***ORANGERY TO REAR BUILT TO THE HIGHEST OF STANDARD*** ***GYMNASIUM*** ***DOUBLE GARAGE***  
  • Price changed: £700,000  
19/07/2017,
  • Price changed: Offers in Region of £750,000 Over £700,000
18/07/2017,
  • Price changed: Offers Over £800,000 in Region of £750,000
10/07/2017,
  • Initial entry found.

Imagine you'd been stupid/desperate enought o pay the IAP.

Can't tell me the Rightmove data isn't a load of bolloxs.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

12 minutes ago, neon tetra said:

Bought for £442,000 lest than 4 years ago. Kite flyers.

And it was 50% over priced then :lol: 

Osborne and Carney have skewed things so much people seem to think paying £650K for a house in the middle of an economic wasteland ( brum ) is reasonable.

5 minutes ago, reddog said:

The West Midlands was the area hardest hit by the financial crisis.  The rooms in that place seem very pokey, they are in dreamland.

It's been sold by the weekend.

Solihul prices have shot up in the last 3 years, by I can only imagine, people moving out of London, I know 2 personally.

The prices are 2007 + 100% despite there being a 6 year period when it was 2007 - 30% or stuff would just sit on the market.

Reality seems a long way of for these the west mids.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

A/C fitted in orangery in June 2017 with bespoke installation, 3 year warranty, Mitsubishi Zen fitted by HANSA (not included in sale price and two feature panelled radiators (to be negotiated separately)  

People with too much money and not enough imagination.

On 21/08/2017 at 4:34 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's been sold by the weekend.

Solihul prices have shot up in the last 3 years, by I can only imagine, people moving out of London, I know 2 personally.

The prices are 2007 + 100% despite there being a 6 year period when it was 2007 - 30% or stuff would just sit on the market.

Reality seems a long way of for these the west mids.

Not sure if you're still tracking the Solihull market, but it appears to have cooled down over the summer!  There's still a lot of kite flying, but fewer buyers taking the bait now compared to 3 months ago if Rightmove is anything to go by.

That said, I'm gutted I didn't buy in B91 three years ago....the stuff that was in the £380k range is now in the >£500k range!  As you say, I assume it's London money heading north rather that's been the driving force behind the increase.