House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

London is set to be the biggest loser from any restrictive new migration policies

If London loses, so does the rest of the country

The sadness of this situation is that whatever the long-term outcome of leaving the European Union – assuming it really, substantively occurs – Brexit Britain is going to lean on London in the coming years. Simultaneously conflicted and becalmed, the whole country may depend more heavily on its biggest city’s economic power than it does already. Yet at a time when the country badly needs its capital, and when the capital badly need more autonomy and investment to better run own affairs and continue to thrive, it is coming under attack from all sides.

http://www.onlondon.co.uk/loathing-of-london-betrays-a-dearth-of-vision-for-the-uk/

6 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

No f..ing chance will the loony left or the corrupt profiteering tories agree to limit migration until the British people start getting violent.

I dont think we are far from that now.

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

New migration policy....Dont they mean...END TO MIGRATION WHILE WE HAVE 3 MILLION USELESS ****S GETTING PAID FOR DOING NOTHING ?

And don't tell me there is nothing for these people to do in the UK for their benefits. Like I said before I am a supporter of a welfare state that will catch me if I fall, with gritted teeth I could even put up with those that have several children and make welfare a lifestyle choice as long as they just got the basics and lived where they were told to live. But how sickening is it for people to be heading to work at 6.30am on a winters morning passing the houses with closed curtains of people not working and living in homes that so many of us can only dream of.

18 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I agree

I think this country is a powder keg right now, just one spark is all that it will take.

how do they define London? Which group? Some groups will win and some will lose. Workers and renters will win as wages rise and rents will fall.

2 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

No f..ing chance will the loony left or the corrupt profiteering tories agree to limit migration.

End of story. End of the pipe dream of what Brexit was about.

There's no end of story. Until the heat death of the universe. 

11 hours ago, hi5lo5 said:

Nope... the biggest losers will be the the HMO LL's from London(East & North especially) who have aggressively converted most 3 beds and 4 beds in to people farms. 

dead-frog-at-road.jpg

H to the M-O

E to the EA

For shizzle my BTL used to drizzle down in LHA

8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I agree. I'm getting fed up to the back....

Hold on. Just seen new series of X Factor starting soon. Can't miss it.

Sorry, London is a magnet because it's so easy to work on the side for cash. There are certain sectors that rely on their cheap labour. Bent claiming is a life style, I worked with a woman whose family were all up to it.

As far as 'driving' the rest of the economy don't we mean robbing it?

1 hour ago, Blod said:

Sorry, London is a magnet because it's so easy to work on the side for cash. There are certain sectors that rely on their cheap labour. Bent claiming is a life style, I worked with a woman whose family were all up to it.

As far as 'driving' the rest of the economy don't we mean robbing it?

I';d wager those people getting cash in hand can barely afford to eat in London never mind buy a property.

The bankers who are handing themselves massive incomes/bonuses from magicked up cash that we all ultimately pay for are the onle people who can "live" in london now.