House Price Crash Forum

Rightmove Aug 17 -0.9% MoM

HOLA441
1 hour ago, Digsby said:

Ok. Not. I've said I'll pull out if I'm fcked around with and I mean it, but I won't pull out otherwise. I won't offer more though, if I were gazumped, it would just confirm that it's the wrong time to buy. The fear that I might be the last buyer willing to pay that price is my leverage, and all the time we get news about the market failing, the more leverage I have - that might be behind the vendors motivation, fear that I will pull out. If that's the case, I'll let him bend over backwards.

But it's disconcerting.

Can't see anyone buying now let alone gazumping.

EAs are ##### of the highest order do would put it past them being up yo something.  Why would anyone start a building project when they'd found a buyer, makes no sense unless its to make the pwopatee mortgagable. Alarm bells should be ringing. Despite what the MSM tell you houses are tens penny, I drive past rows and rows of them every morning. Idiots tho, they're rarer.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Well, good luck. You're a braver man that i am..

Not really, but I am quite enjoying it, it's like a game of chicken. "Gwan then, sell it...", "Gwan then, buy it.". Both with one eye on the market.

Bear in mind though, I'm also selling a house boat which are in demand due to the housing crisis. If I'm buying at the top, I'm selling at the top. The fear is if prices crash between buying one and selling the other, but it's a small risk.