Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Rightmove Aug 17 -0.9% MoM

Recommended Posts

A fall as per usual in the summer:

Mid-country hot-spots enjoy mini-boom in annual price growth

  • Holiday season casts its usual shadow with price of property coming to market falling by 0.9% (-£2,758) this month
  • Climate of stretched affordability and clouded political outlook continue to chill the annual rate of increase to a national average of just +3.1%
  • Of the English counties exceeding the 3.1% average annual rise, over half are in the buoyant mid-regions of the country in contrast to only a quarter in the north and just a fifth in the south
  • Eight counties are enjoying a mini-boom, with year-on-year rises of over twice the pace of the national average, and they are all in the middle band of the country
  • Top three hottest markets: Northamptonshire (+9.1%), Derbyshire (+7.9%) and Norfolk (+7.4%)

http://22123-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Rightmove-House-Price-Index-21-August-Final.pdf

There's some regional reports here too:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/house-price-index/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

A fall as per usual in the summer:

Mid-country hot-spots enjoy mini-boom in annual price growth

  • Holiday season casts its usual shadow with price of property coming to market falling by 0.9% (-£2,758) this month
  • Climate of stretched affordability and clouded political outlook continue to chill the annual rate of increase to a national average of just +3.1%
  • Of the English counties exceeding the 3.1% average annual rise, over half are in the buoyant mid-regions of the country in contrast to only a quarter in the north and just a fifth in the south
  • Eight counties are enjoying a mini-boom, with year-on-year rises of over twice the pace of the national average, and they are all in the middle band of the country
  • Top three hottest markets: Northamptonshire (+9.1%), Derbyshire (+7.9%) and Norfolk (+7.4%)

http://22123-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Rightmove-House-Price-Index-21-August-Final.pdf

There's some regional reports here too:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/house-price-index/

The big question of the hour is "Where is @TheCountOfNowhere"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

A fall as per usual in the summer:

Mid-country hot-spots enjoy mini-boom in annual price growth

  • Holiday season casts its usual shadow with price of property coming to market falling by 0.9% (-£2,758) this month
  • Climate of stretched affordability and clouded political outlook continue to chill the annual rate of increase to a national average of just +3.1%
  • Of the English counties exceeding the 3.1% average annual rise, over half are in the buoyant mid-regions of the country in contrast to only a quarter in the north and just a fifth in the south
  • Eight counties are enjoying a mini-boom, with year-on-year rises of over twice the pace of the national average, and they are all in the middle band of the country
  • Top three hottest markets: Northamptonshire (+9.1%), Derbyshire (+7.9%) and Norfolk (+7.4%)

http://22123-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Rightmove-House-Price-Index-21-August-Final.pdf

There's some regional reports here too:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/house-price-index/

Same old thing, it's meaningless unless it's CURRENT asking prices.  The IAP are dropping like stones.

 

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Has anyone else noticed agents putting new listings onto Rightmove as 'Sold STC'? Quite a few of this seeming to happen in my neck of the woods and search area, but then there's no record of them having been actually for sale elsewhere (and no boards going up), I find it unlikely that there's been someone waiting to 'snap up a bargain' on a waiting list for fairly unremarkable properties. 

 

Get's me thinking that a few agents are colluding to list highly in order to a) pretend to be selling houses or b ) to manipulate this index locally, in order to assist with a). 

 

For clarity, this is in the north East, Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle... houses are hardly flying off the shelves here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the only thing useful in Rightmove reports is the 'the average time to sell a house' metric. 

I knocked up some graphs of their data earlier with a 6-month moving average line. 

Here's London, where it's taking longer to sell at the moment than at the same point over the previous three years: 

599ab4aceeb43_RightmoveLondontimetosellgraph.thumb.png.fa21ae2fbbbc963746598dfae2901406.png

Here's the nationwide picture, showing that the long-term trend of the time to sell decreasing looks to be ending: 

599ab539f40ea_Rightmovenationwidetimetosellgraph.thumb.png.eebf981d9dd6d3c9cbb13988140d04e3.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

You can just imagine Miles Shitsnide flicking through the data looking only for the postive areas, in his eyes anyway. On the worst day of a property cras in years to come with prices already fallen -37% he will still be trying to ramp the market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patient London FTB said:

About the only thing useful in Rightmove reports is the 'the average time to sell a house' metric. 

I knocked up some graphs of their data earlier with a 6-month moving average line. 

Here's London, where it's taking longer to sell at the moment than at the same point over the previous three years: 

599ab4aceeb43_RightmoveLondontimetosellgraph.thumb.png.fa21ae2fbbbc963746598dfae2901406.png

Here's the nationwide picture, showing that the long-term trend of the time to sell decreasing looks to be ending: 

599ab539f40ea_Rightmovenationwidetimetosellgraph.thumb.png.eebf981d9dd6d3c9cbb13988140d04e3.png

 

Sell....or complete ? :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

 Has anyone else noticed agents putting new listings onto Rightmove as 'Sold STC'? Quite a few of this seeming to happen in my neck of the woods and search area, but then there's no record of them having been actually for sale elsewhere (and no boards going up), I find it unlikely that there's been someone waiting to 'snap up a bargain' on a waiting list for fairly unremarkable properties. 

 

Get's me thinking that a few agents are colluding to list highly in order to a) pretend to be selling houses or b ) to manipulate this index locally, in order to assist with a). 

 

For clarity, this is in the north East, Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle... houses are hardly flying off the shelves here.

Report them to trading standards and see if it stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Report them to trading standards and see if it stops.

Estate Agents already in trouble for portal juggling - delisting unsold stock and relisting it, pretending its new to generate more interest (in theory)

 

https://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2016/12/new-software-can-name-and-shame-portal-juggling-estate-agents

Edited by rantnrave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Estate Agents already in trouble for portal juggling - delisting unsold stock and relisting it, pretending its new to generate more interest (in theory)

 

https://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2016/12/new-software-can-name-and-shame-portal-juggling-estate-agents

I just cant get excited about this - so what if one agent gains page hits at anothers expense, who really cares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NorthernMonkey said:

 Has anyone else noticed agents putting new listings onto Rightmove as 'Sold STC'? Quite a few of this seeming to happen in my neck of the woods and search area, but then there's no record of them having been actually for sale elsewhere (and no boards going up), I find it unlikely that there's been someone waiting to 'snap up a bargain' on a waiting list for fairly unremarkable properties. 

 

Get's me thinking that a few agents are colluding to list highly in order to a) pretend to be selling houses or b ) to manipulate this index locally, in order to assist with a). 

 

For clarity, this is in the north East, Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle... houses are hardly flying off the shelves here.

I noticed it in the last "crash" in 2008 and I think what was happening was that one branch of the same agency was closing and another was taking on all their properties so some were "sold".  If it's one branch closing then there  would likely be an increase of about 40+ properties on the books of the second agent all at once.  The 2 agents were likely to be in 2 different towns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agents here in brighton put sold and then they appear to let within a few days. Quite a few that I thought had sold around Xmas are back on so I think they were let on 6 month tenancies and those are now up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NorthernMonkey said:

 Has anyone else noticed agents putting new listings onto Rightmove as 'Sold STC'? Quite a few of this seeming to happen in my neck of the woods and search area, but then there's no record of them having been actually for sale elsewhere (and no boards going up), I find it unlikely that there's been someone waiting to 'snap up a bargain' on a waiting list for fairly unremarkable properties. 

 

Get's me thinking that a few agents are colluding to list highly in order to a) pretend to be selling houses or b ) to manipulate this index locally, in order to assist with a). 

 

For clarity, this is in the north East, Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle... houses are hardly flying off the shelves here.

Yes I've noticed it myself. Seen a lot of this around South Cumbria and North Lancashire. Keep seeing houses on RM with SSTC that appear again from nowhere after a 4-6 month absence. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, monkey100 said:

Agents here in brighton put sold and then they appear to let within a few days. Quite a few that I thought had sold around Xmas are back on so I think they were let on 6 month tenancies and those are now up 

UK property market is as dodgy as f***

 

Dunno if this was thatchers vision, a bunch of parasites living off the general public, but either way the UK needs to manage/control it's housing stock for the benefitr of the people and to make the economy productive.


This will only come with massive regulation and social housing.

 

The sooner the people wake up to the evil of the bankers the sooner we can get back to some level of sanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janch said:

I noticed it in the last "crash" in 2008 and I think what was happening was that one branch of the same agency was closing and another was taking on all their properties so some were "sold".  If it's one branch closing then there  would likely be an increase of about 40+ properties on the books of the second agent all at once.  The 2 agents were likely to be in 2 different towns.

 

 

34 minutes ago, Princekie said:

Yes I've noticed it myself. Seen a lot of this around South Cumbria and North Lancashire. Keep seeing houses on RM with SSTC that appear again from nowhere after a 4-6 month absence. 

 

Seems to me that in area's with little movement of anything, even the dross at the bottom, there's a real effort by two or three of the area's agents to appear as if they are shifting properties, often these sold 12+ months ago and appear as 'New' and 'SSTC' on the same day, they disappear a few months after, and the superdrugged hair gel wearing spivs presumably use it in their blurb to get new instructions at ever more ludicrous levels, which inevitably fail to sell, but it will surely have an impact on this, admittedly, toss metric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Digsby said:

I've noticed an increase in the frequency of re-listing for sure. It seems certain properties are "added today" almost weekly.

I see it using Property bee every day.

New to the market or Priced dropped whereas PB says it's a failed sale.

I tweet trading standards/BBC watchdog about it, did they reply, did they ****

UK housing market is no longer there to house people, more to oppress/con them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

This one has bumped back from SSTC to Available and they've put the price UP by 2 grand.

Chandos Walk, Roundhay, Leeds
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66626855.html

That sort of thing was happening all the time in Northants/shires in 2015/2016....it's stopped now.

If you have a look at my "one that got away" thread, you'll see the exact opposite is now happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I see it using Property bee every day.

New to the market or Priced dropped whereas PB says it's a failed sale.

I tweet trading standards/BBC watchdog about it, did they reply, did they ****

UK housing market is no longer there to house people, more to oppress/con them

Yeah I see it all the time too, but over the last month it's reached p*ss taking levels locally, like 20% of new listings are generally re-listings. 

We all know trading standards aren't interested, a rap on the wrists occasionally after which Rightmove say 'were clamping down' and then sod all changes.

I went to view the house I'm in the process of buying at the weekend. The vendor is having work done on it! The idea of this work did come out of a concern I expressed, admittedly, but when the agent suggested the vendor undertook the work, I then expressed reservations because, you know, I agreed to buy this, and if some work makes it that, then I might not want to buy that - to which the agent responded "well of course any plans would have to be subject to your approval". In the meantime, the survey threw up some issues I've asked them to make good, stating that I'm not that bothered about the work we spoke about, I'm more concerned about these problems getting sorted.

So I turn up on Saturday, and this job is half way through without my knowledge that it's even started, and I'm thinking, what motivation could the vendor possibly have to do this work when the sale is agreed and I'm not bothered about getting it done?

Maybe I'm paranoid. It's the sole agent and not being marketed, but I can't help feeling I'm going to be getting a call saying there's been a higher offer via another agent, or at least that's the plan. I wonder if this kind of shenanigans might be behind some of the re-listings.

Obviously, if I see it being marketed, I'll be straight on the case with a threat to pull out if it's not immediately withdrawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Digsby said:

Yeah I see it all the time too, but over the last month it's reached p*ss taking levels locally, like 20% of new listings are generally re-listings. 

We all know trading standards aren't interested, a rap on the wrists occasionally after which Rightmove say 'were clamping down' and then sod all changes.

I went to view the house I'm in the process of buying at the weekend. The vendor is having work done on it! The idea of this work did come out of a concern I expressed, admittedly, but when the agent suggested the vendor undertook the work, I then expressed reservations because, you know, I agreed to buy this, and if some work makes it that, then I might not want to buy that - to which the agent responded "well of course any plans would have to be subject to your approval". In the meantime, the survey threw up some issues I've asked them to make good, stating that I'm not that bothered about the work we spoke about, I'm more concerned about these problems getting sorted.

So I turn up on Saturday, and this job is half way through without my knowledge that it's even started, and I'm thinking, what motivation could the vendor possibly have to do this work when the sale is agreed and I'm not bothered about getting it done?

Maybe I'm paranoid. It's the sole agent and not being marketed, but I can't help feeling I'm going to be getting a call saying there's been a higher offer via another agent, or at least that's the plan. I wonder if this kind of shenanigans might be behind some of the re-listings.

Obviously, if I see it being marketed, I'll be straight on the case with a threat to pull out if it's not immediately withdrawn.

Sounds very odd.  Pull out now and see what happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Sounds very odd.  Pull out now and see what happen.

Ok. Not. I've said I'll pull out if I'm fcked around with and I mean it, but I won't pull out otherwise. I won't offer more though, if I were gazumped, it would just confirm that it's the wrong time to buy. The fear that I might be the last buyer willing to pay that price is my leverage, and all the time we get news about the market failing, the more leverage I have - that might be behind the vendors motivation, fear that I will pull out. If that's the case, I'll let him bend over backwards.

But it's disconcerting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 296 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.