Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

We are not the only ones, Spanish are angered by property speculation and outsiders

Recommended Posts

Guest

And you know what, I don't blame that at all. Momentum is now building in various parts of Spain to restrict holidays homes and holiday rentals and stop the speculation in property prices that is pricing the young Spanish out. This paste is from a week ago, but the BBC had another article on it today and how the protests are escalating with some British being attacked, it has probably been removed for obvious and more serious reasons later on in the day.

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05brw4b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the placard says "This isn't tourism it's an invasion".

Can you imagine how it would be reported by some sections of the biased media if a sign like that was being displayed in England? I know the screams and howls of xenophobia will not be in the reporting when it is this way round, without even looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, otters said:

All the worlds countries have outsiders causing HPI

Where are they coming from? 

banks probably shoveling money through shell companies to boost prices. higher price = more debt =more profit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can understand is that the hotels and registered business who have to adhere to rules and regulations such as fire precautions, lifts, insurance, pay staff, taxes etc are being undercut by people sub letting or using property they own to rent out for profit and do not have (until now in some areas) all the same red tape to follow.......with hotels and other registered holiday businesses there can be restrictions on how many beds are available in one place, so can restrict the numbers of people staying in that place......no more it seems...... overcrowding in one place can benefit some but not everyone that lives or works there.....same for everywhere.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, otters said:

All the worlds countries have outsiders causing HPI

Where are they coming from? 

China, on one hand.  The Spanish government are allowing anyoen who will invest X euros in pwopatee to get residency.


Then there's the matter of the EU EQ cash, where's it going ?

 

Let me guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, winkie said:

From what I can understand is that the hotels and registered business who have to adhere to rules and regulations such as fire precautions, lifts, insurance, pay staff, taxes etc are being undercut by people sub letting or using property they own to rent out for profit and do not have (until now in some areas) all the same red tape to follow.......with hotels and other registered holiday businesses there can be restrictions on how many beds are available in one place, so can restrict the numbers of people staying in that place......no more it seems...... overcrowding in one place can benefit some but not everyone that lives or works there.....same for everywhere.;)

AirBnb-rage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, winkie said:

From what I can understand is that the hotels and registered business who have to adhere to rules and regulations such as fire precautions, lifts, insurance, pay staff, taxes etc are being undercut by people sub letting or using property they own to rent out for profit and do not have (until now in some areas) all the same red tape to follow.......with hotels and other registered holiday businesses there can be restrictions on how many beds are available in one place, so can restrict the numbers of people staying in that place......no more it seems...... overcrowding in one place can benefit some but not everyone that lives or works there.....same for everywhere.;)

The Airbnb angle is certainly one reason for this. But really most of the protests so far against tourism have been where rowdy beach tourists have behaved badly in areas not set-up for beach tourism such as Barcelona. On the Costa del Sol and the Costa Blanca, which pretty much only exist because of tourism, the infrastructure not only knows how to deal with them but does deal with them (or at least contain them).

Spain is acutely aware of the value to it of its biggest industry.

Edited by Extradry Martini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Extradry Martini said:

Spain is acutely aware of the value to it of its biggest industry.

Sadly, after yesterdays awful events, that value may have fallen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Extradry Martini said:

The Airbnb angle is certainly one reason for this. But really most of the protests so far against tourism have been where rowdy beach tourists have behaved badly in areas not set-up for beach tourism such as Barcelona. On the Costa del Sol and the Costa Blanca, which pretty much only exist because of tourism, the infrastructure not only knows how to deal with them but does deal with them (or at least contain them).

Spain is acutely aware of the value to it of its biggest industry.

Im sure the Spaniards on the costas who have profited from the tourists love the foreign £ and the influx of foreigners

The poor young people in the rest of the country will be looking for a scape goat tho.

Much like the UK.  1 small group is profiting, the rest are suffering.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Sadly, after yesterdays awful events, that value may have fallen.

I'm a bit wary on going anywhere at the mo.  

Was abroad a few weeks ago and kept my wits about me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 'holidays' are one of the biggest cons out there.  People work their socks off and then splurge some of their hard earned (or borrowed) cash on a binge abroad.  They come home and announce 'they need a holiday'. Hmmmm.  Why didn't you just take it easier, spend some relaxing time at home, consume less, pollute less and suffer less stress.  People are strange but the pressure to consume is enormous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm a bit wary on going anywhere at the mo.  

Was abroad a few weeks ago and kept my wits about me.

I travel into Europe a great deal on business but I suppose industrial areas aren't targets so I've never worried about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dougless said:

I think 'holidays' are one of the biggest cons out there.  People work their socks off and then splurge some of their hard earned (or borrowed) cash on a binge abroad.  They come home and announce 'they need a holiday'. Hmmmm.  Why didn't you just take it easier, spend some relaxing time at home, consume less, pollute less and suffer less stress.  People are strange but the pressure to consume is enormous.

I blame Judith Chalmers and those holiday programs that made going on holiday look great.  

Driving up those little cobbled streets and drinking sangria...no mention of being ripped off at every turn and the car hire company taking you to the cleaners for as much as a chipped windscreen.

It's stressful and expensive.  Best weeks holiday I've ever had was a week at home.

Dont start me on School holiday prices, someone's lost their mind if they are paying those prices to stay in a room and eat as much cheap food and drink that you can whilst sitting 1 inch from some (other) fat sunburned bloke covered in tattoos. 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I travel into Europe a great deal on business but I suppose industrial areas aren't targets so I've never worried about it.

We dont all have a private helicopter to fly us in though and most have to go through very bust airports

Just have a look about when you're queuing or in a crowd, that's all I'm saying.

 

If you see some bloke in  a parker in 40 degree heat or wearing what looks like a flotation device, run like ****.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

We dont all have a private helicopter to fly us in though and most have to go through very bust airports

If you see some bloke in  a parker in 40 degree heat or wearing what looks like a flotation device, run like ****.

I travel offshore in the North sea quite a bit and do go by helicopter, surrounded by guys wearing what I hope are flotation devices.

They are also head to toe in orange suits just like Gitmo :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Option5 said:

I travel offshore in the North sea quite a bit and do go by helicopter, surrounded by guys wearing what I hope are flotation devices.

They are also head to toe in orange suits just like Gitmo :D

:lol: 

You'll have no chance if a Norwegian sneaks in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Best weeks holiday I've ever had was a week at home.

 

Two weeks at home with a full set of discworld books and some nice bottles of red :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
20 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I blame Judith Chalmers and those holiday programs that made going on holiday look great.  

Driving up those little cobbled streets and drinking sangria...no mention of being ripped off at every turn and the car hire company taking you to the cleaners for as much as a chipped windscreen.

It's stressful and expensive.  Best weeks holiday I've ever had was a week at home.

Dont start me on School holiday prices, someone's lost their mind if they are paying those prices to stay in a room and eat as much cheap food and drink that you can whilst sitting 1 inch from some (other) fat sunburned bloke covered in tattoos. 

 As I get older I have taken a  compass, roughly set to 1000 miles circumference and drawn an imaginary circle on a map. Not a great distance you might think, but you would be amazed at the sights, cultures and wildlife you can get in that small distance, enough for a lifetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
31 minutes ago, dougless said:

I think 'holidays' are one of the biggest cons out there.  People work their socks off and then splurge some of their hard earned (or borrowed) cash on a binge abroad.  They come home and announce 'they need a holiday'. Hmmmm.  Why didn't you just take it easier, spend some relaxing time at home, consume less, pollute less and suffer less stress.  People are strange but the pressure to consume is enormous.

I always remember years ago spending a summer scuba diving in the Canaries. I  remember the way a small family would look like on their first day on holiday, I always noticed the man who looked whiter than white  and grey at the same time and they had a look on the face of being over whelmed, like their body had gone into shock after pushing themselves so hard for 50 weeks in the rat race or factory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Two weeks at home with a full set of discworld books and some nice bottles of red :ph34r:

Approx cost £300.

2 weeks in Spain during the school hols...£2,000 to £10,000 depending on how stupid you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
49 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Sadly, after yesterdays awful events, that value may have fallen.

Noticed the Polish are not having these kind of problems back in their own country, You know the people I am talking about, the ones that are highly critical of the UK's racist xenophobic  attitude even though we probably have more than 100 fold Polish in the UK to what we have in the Poland, and just ask a Pole after a few drinks what their attitudes are to Muslims in their own country. They are never going to have the same terrorists problems that we do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

 As I get older I have taken a  compass, roughly set to 1000 miles circumference and drawn an imaginary circle on a map. Not a great distance you might think, but you would be amazed at the sights, cultures and wildlife you can get in that small distance, enough for a lifetime

Totally agree.

 

the best holiday I ever had was actually a drive though Europe.  I saw some amazing sights, decided where to go each morning.

Italy was fantastic, if not a bit mental on the driving front.

The amalfi coast os something else.

Total cost for a week about £1K, including petrol, hotels and eating out every night.

Out  of season of course.

Oddly one of the biggest expenditures was french toll roads :lol: 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

Noticed the Polish are not having these kind of problems back in their own country, You know the people I am talking about, the ones that are highly critical of the UK's racist xenophobic  attitude even though we probably have more than 100 fold Polish in the UK to what we have in the Poland, and just ask a Pole after a few drinks what their attitudes are to Muslims in their own country. They are never going to have the same terrorists problems that we do. 

Everyone is probably suspicious of outsiders, it's human nature.


That is not racism though.

Racism is the belief that a race of people are inferior.

Id have to say the people sneaking into the UK and getting everything paid for having never contributed to our society are smarted than the ejits paying for them, ergo superior to the British.

Can I be racist against my own people ?

 

I personally think the P.C./racism card is played by the establishment to stop the Brits complaining about them letting more people into the country, people they then profit massively from.  We shouldnt be angry towards the immigrants but the people letting them in for their own benefit.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 190 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.