House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol

Nasty new look of the forum

Looks like a bit of extra space. They've had worse changes in the past, this one is pretty neutral (and pointless, but that's another thing). Seems to be going a bit slow even by HPC standards though.

Feels faster, and smoother.

5 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I'd be hard pressed to say what the difference is, very minor change, perhaps a little lighter with slightly different font sizes but that's about it. Or am I missing something?

Errol : sjw_crop.jpeg.3be7fa6f5eecef7b2bfc9c0393eb3ddc.jpeg

That's the spirit!

44 minutes ago, Habeas Domus said:

I have no idea whats changed.

But I hate it anyway.

Well, at least it hasn't changed the prevailing mood!

I only visit this forum on a mobile. Someone needs to sort out the larger advertising banner which screws up the resizing. 

Very easy to use a 320x320 banner instead. I might even pay attention to them more as it would be easier to read.

They could code it so the large wider banner only shows on tablets, laptops. 

Or they could automatically resize the banner.

22 hours ago, ExiledMatty said:

I only visit this forum on a mobile. Someone needs to sort out the larger advertising banner which screws up the resizing. 

Very easy to use a 320x320 banner instead. I might even pay attention to them more as it would be easier to read.

Isn't there Adblock for mobiles?

On 8/20/2017 at 0:54 PM, ExiledMatty said:

It is rather odd fubra haven't considered this, given that millenials,  who love their phones and would benefit from a house price crash, might be expected to be natural forum members.

Just be glad you weren't invited to fubra's 'Come dine with me: basketball players special'.

low_ceiling.jpg

16 minutes ago, ExiledMatty said:

I don't like using adblocks. Would be like biting the hand that barely feeds me.

Fair enough I suppose, although I dislike constant attempts at trying to get my money even more. I also find it rather hyprocritical when sites try to block adblockers (which this doesn't), since anyone who installs an adblocker is almost certainly not going to be swayed by the ads - but don't help yourself by looking at our site without the ads, that stops us taking money from the advertisers for showing ads to people who'll react badly to them. I.e. "Don't freeload because then we can't freeload even more dishonestly!"

It is funny. Some website upset there readers with to many ads and then complain when the user blocks. I use to look at digital spy and f1 fanatic which had these adverts that took over the screen completely which resulted in me looking for a way to stop. Now I have ad blocker and all website are punished because of them

Has everyone else still got this on the forum?

"The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete."

Should be finished by now :lol: