House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ARENAPUA

Telegraph: First BTL, now holiday homes: the end of the second home dream

Good!

There's a housing crisis, people who already have a home should be discouraged from getting another. 

An investigation into the terrible impact of famine on the lifestyles of the greedy.

Yet another article informing us that there is a sizeable minority in the UK between at a guess  5% to 10% who with a smaller yet still sizable group of even richer foreigners from around the planet who like to use the UK as their piggy bank for their wealth from whatever means it came from. This group of people hold all the power, control all the media and are living a luxury lifestyle that is unprecedented in UK history, all they have to do is keep the masses in check with constant media BS. which again they own.

We all know the form on HPC, but until  that special person comes along and can get the masses to turn off Eastenders or Corrie and learn how their country is really being run this will just go on and on.

2 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

Apologies...I meant the Express.

Back to HPI forever mode!

Sort of made up stuff they reported during the EU referendum....save this, make that, control everything.....what can you believe anymore......not what is said, but how it is said.;)

5 minutes ago, winkie said:

Sort of made up stuff they reported during the EU referendum....save this, make that, control everything.....what can you believe anymore......not what is said, but how it is said.;)

Agreed. HPCers will see through the headlines and acknowledge it as pure fluff, a desperate attempt by TPTB to keep the plates spinning a little bit longer.

Problem is, Joe Ordinary sees the headlines as further confirmation that HPI forever is here to stay. Sentiment is key in any market crash, headlines like these do nothing to support the HPC narrative.

2 hours ago, wotsthat said:

Yet another article informing us that there is a sizeable minority in the UK between at a guess  5% to 10% who with a smaller yet still sizable group of even richer foreigners from around the planet who like to use the UK as their piggy bank for their wealth from whatever means it came from. This group of people hold all the power, control all the media and are living a luxury lifestyle that is unprecedented in UK history, all they have to do is keep the masses in check with constant media BS. which again they own.

We all know the form on HPC, but until  that special person comes along and can get the masses to turn off Eastenders or Corrie and learn how their country is really being run this will just go on and on.

I think the election result was a bit of a shock for TPTB the 'useful idiots' didn't entirely play their game..... Corbyn  was nearly that 'special person' (though I didn't vote for him).....

The Barclay Brothers and the like sense a weakened Chancellor who can be 'influenced' to protect their property assets ... The next budget will be interesting...will Hammond continue to support prices or let it gently deflate...

The argument that charging more council tax for temporary residents is unfair doesn't really hold water. Surely the permanent residents using the services all the time deserve a discount for buying in bulk?

4 hours ago, wotsthat said:

Exactly this. But I dont think there is anyone. It will take an evolution of the species for people to recognise and reject the way the world is today.

5 hours ago, Smiley George said:

Sarah Beeny quote from that article, talking about the 4.9% annual HPI:

“I think this is excellent news for everyone.

“People already on the ladder still benefit from their properties increasing in value, whilst first-time buyers are much more likely to be able to afford their first property rather than being continuously priced out by steep monthly rises.

What did incomes rise at again?

F*cking dishonest. Flat out propaganda.

3 minutes ago, AdamoMucci said:

Sarah Beeny quote from that article, talking about the 4.9% annual HPI:

What did incomes rise at again?

F*cking dishonest. Flat out propaganda.

Agreed its disgraceful.

If only I could believe that the average UK citizen sees that and also thinks - hold on a minute, that's bull$%t!

But sadly I can't, the HPI mantra is strong and perpetuated by despicable individuals such as Beeny, Phil, Krusty etc....I hate every one of them.

6 hours ago, wotsthat said:

I've been thinking about this a lot, people really are stupid. If they knew what was being done to them and had a brain they'd be rioting wouldn't they?

So many people are to engrossed in the stuff that doesn't matter, like their own vanity, to be interested in what is being done to them. I've heard a few older people in industry comment on their view that many of the younger fresh grads are too arrogant to even acknowledge them. Being cool and trendy seems to be the more important measure of life than recognising what is going on around them? Would they be so arrogant if they worked out that the oldies they look down on have managed to obtain a much bigger share of the worlds resources than they have? Were the older generations that arrogant when they were young?

So many footballer type roll models, so many people trying to aspire to be like them, values and awareness and even the ability to have a conversation outside of an iphone seem to have all gone out the window - no wonder the financiers of this Ponzi can get away with it.

9 hours ago, Smiley George said:

See the following thread....I did suggest that in the following week they would be claiming house prices are due to soar - it took them 13 days to switch from prices to crash to prices to soar headlines....

Daily Express turns bear : Expert warns house prices could fall to lows of £70k

By TheCountOfNowhere, August 3 in House prices and the economy

19 minutes ago, Wayward said:

See the following thread....I did suggest that in the following week they would be claiming house prices are due to soar - it took them 13 days to switch from prices to crash to prices to soar headlines....

Daily Express turns bear : Expert warns house prices could fall to lows of £70k

By TheCountOfNowhere, August 3 in House prices and the economy

Yep quite ridiculous and almost beyond parody/ridicule.

If the Express was a human we could probably have it sectioned!