House Price Crash Forum

Listening to BBC Radio 5 live... was fuming at the exaggeration

HOLA441

Thank Goodness I am home, been dying to get back and get a nice strong coffee and log on here so I can let off some steam:), and seriously been fuming since this morning which led to being niggled later on in the day.  Listening to BBC radio 5 live on my way to meet a customer in Cambridge and the subject of what was happening in the early 1990's came up, the presenter, who was good I might add on other occasions, starts going on about the curse of negative equity and how he was in it badly. Talk about laying it on thick, he really had that one event up there with the Herald of Free Enterprise and mad cow disease. "We must never let this happen again, the event was heartbreaking and made lives a nightmare etc etc for these homeowners", For F*** sake, after the about the 8th reminder I just could not take it, most of the time this stuff goes over my head, but the radio was switched off and then to another station, just did not want to risk it.

This guy's "problem back" then it seems and if I got this right, was that he had a mortgage on a property for a few years and it's value went from short of £70k down to the low £60k, I think he lost £7k when he had to sell. Well wow f*****g wee, he obviously was looking at his house/flat purchase as some kind of speculative investment and ended up losing about less than 10%(am I right),try as hard as I might I really cannot see the huge tragedy he was making this out to be.

"Hard working homeowners", "poor homeowners in negative equity in 1994" etc etc, it is like the renter or anyone using their own cash or funds to pay for housing just don't exist now and it seems back then also. When has anyone seen the difficulties of the "hard working renter" who I would be more than happy at times to give an argument how their postion is far worse than those sympathy whores of the early 1990s. 

I bet HPC has heard all this before, so I apologize, I have had a preaching sister getting me close to reaching the point where I wanted to hold her head under the garden pond while she told me how mad I was for not buying, facts on her side it seemed from past decade. I had a HM Forces reunion where I heard about endless stories of lower ranks a good few years back all investing in BTL while serving, part of me understood the investing part, but why the f*** BTL, not the guys I loved :), now they are a little dirty.

BAD BAD DAY

I am off to to do a 5 mile run and relax a little, then my treat myself to a few Malts tonight.

HOLA442
HOLA443
25 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

...a preaching sister getting me close to reaching the point where I wanted to hold her head under the garden pond while she told me how mad I was for not buying, facts on her side it seemed from past decade.

All our sympathy on that $hite, especially from relatives we are stuck with for life :rolleyes:.

:huh: Hmm, wonder if abuse due to retrospective HPI would qualify as grounds for manslaughter... as long as there was no hesitation I guess.

HOLA444
HOLA445
32 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

I am off to to do a 5 mile run and relax a little, then my treat myself to a few Malts tonight.

That's a good investment in your health pension, the first bit. I prefer shorter time and more intense myself like a mile up and down a hill. The person you talk about with no shame who whinges, might be similar to someone I know who is 35 and has the health of a 55 year old. As you mention the forces, a large proportion of homeless are ex forces. The housing crisis is screwing them.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

That's a good investment in your health pension, the first bit. I prefer shorter time and more intense myself like a mile up and down a hill. The person you talk about with no shame who whinges, might be similar to someone I know who is 35 and has the health of a 55 year old. As you mention the forces, a large proportion of homeless are ex forces. The housing crisis is screwing them.

I have to work on the longer distances, I am training for a triathlon, the long cycling is a joy to do though, no hardship at all. Another thing you might be interested in, and seriously don't pooh pooh it straight away, fasting, brillaint I swear, not just a weight losing tool.

You are right about the homeless forces, I know this is a big problem along with a mental health issues. A few years ago I was in  a relationship with a social worker, great girl even though she dumped me. She told me that more squaddies commited suicide that served in the Falklands conflict than died in action. She also told me that the posting many of our boys did in the Gulf is a timebomb that will dwarf the Falklands in years to come, I hope she was wrong but the signs are there now.

Yes I am p****ed off by today, and yes I am sat here in a much better mood now with my Malt, sorry cannot pack that in. Yes you are right, and I am reminded of one of my favourite quotes "Keep your powder dry and your pecker hard and the world will turn" so true. I have plenty in reserve still, but some days just get to you.

I had another guy recently who wanted me to have a word with a friend of his who was just gifted a brilliant house(inheritence) in Cambridge who wanted me to help him out with a ground source heating system. When I got talking to him while he had the kitchen fittters there he was moaning a whinging about having to have this done and what a mess it had been, what a greedy selfish C**T, given a house in one of the most expensive areas in the country and he is moaning that he has to put a new kitchen in, seriously I used to believe in Karma, I think it is on holiday of late.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, thewig said:

Tldr 

i can say with absolute certainty though if you are agitated by consuming the #vileBBC your life will improve immeasurably once you stop consuming it.

Simple and 100% effective, first time every time 

I think youy are right wig, my TV is never on these days, and since Peter Allen moved on from 5 live it has not been all that great. I do seem to be putting Classic on a lot more these days and a little bit of Radio 4.

HOLA448
6 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

I think youy are right wig, my TV is never on these days, and since Peter Allen moved on from 5 live it has not been all that great. I do seem to be putting Classic on a lot more these days and a little bit of Radio 4.

Where did Peter Allen move to ? Not heard of him since .

HOLA449
HOLA4410
21 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

I have to work on the longer distances, I am training for a triathlon, the long cycling is a joy to do though, no hardship at all. Another thing you might be interested in, and seriously don't pooh pooh it straight away, fasting, brillaint I swear, not just a weight losing tool.

I do fasting all the time! It's my lifestyle now. At the moment the 16 / 8. Have lost fat and put on muscle, stayed the same weight. Fasting grows more brain cells too, I've seen a few documentaries on it. A Horizon documentary covered aging recently and fasting was one of the successful approaches and featured a fasting 51 year old mistaken for a 35 year old. Good luck with the Triathlon. How have you found fasting yourself?

21 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

You are right about the homeless forces, I know this is a big problem along with a mental health issues. A few years ago I was in  a relationship with a social worker, great girl even though she dumped me. She told me that more squaddies commited suicide that served in the Falklands conflict than died in action. She also told me that the posting many of our boys did in the Gulf is a timebomb that will dwarf the Falklands in years to come, I hope she was wrong but the signs are there now.

I think pharmaceuticals / psychiatry have a role to play in that. I know more about the U.S. for this because that's the most drugged army in the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2222674/More-U-S-troops-committing-suicide-killed-fighting-Afghanistan-tough-year-armed-services.html

Psychiatry and its drugs are total quackery http://ssristories.net/archive/indexb6a1.html?sort=date&p=  (always wean off slowly for anyone one them).

I could write a several books on this. John Nash stopped taking all medication in 1970 and never took any since (despite what the film and media say).

The prognosis for the serious "schizophrenia" is better in the 3rd world, where they don't have pharmaceuticals. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6622596

Also Gulf War Syndrome is also to do with the vaccine they were injected with.

59 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

I had another guy recently who wanted me to have a word with a friend of his who was just gifted a brilliant house(inheritence) in Cambridge who wanted me to help him out with a ground source heating system. When I got talking to him while he had the kitchen fittters there he was moaning a whinging about having to have this done and what a mess it had been, what a greedy selfish C**T, given a house in one of the most expensive areas in the country and he is moaning that he has to put a new kitchen in, seriously I used to believe in Karma, I think it is on holiday of late.

I think being emotionally aware of others can be a relatively rare skill. Looks like he is thinking only in the context of his own world while talking to you.

Keep doing the fitness. HPI won't stop a heart attack, check out the pics of fatty Fergus Wilson if you haven't yet.

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, wotsthat said:

The friend of a friend is 95% of the population. 

greedy selfish c**ts. 

keep moving on i didn't and it cost me dearly.

HOLA4412
9 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I do fasting all the time! It's my lifestyle now. At the moment the 16 / 8. Have lost fat and put on muscle, stayed the same weight. Fasting grows more brain cells too, I've seen a few documentaries on it. A Horizon documentary covered aging recently and fasting was one of the successful approaches and featured a fasting 51 year old mistaken for a 35 year old. Good luck with the Triathlon. How have you found fasting yourself?

I think pharmaceuticals / psychiatry have a role to play in that. I know more about the U.S. for this because that's the most drugged army in the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2222674/More-U-S-troops-committing-suicide-killed-fighting-Afghanistan-tough-year-armed-services.html

Psychiatry and its drugs are total quackery http://ssristories.net/archive/indexb6a1.html?sort=date&p=  (always wean off slowly for anyone one them).

I could write a several books on this. John Nash stopped taking all medication in 1970 and never took any since (despite what the film and media say).

The prognosis for the serious "schizophrenia" is better in the 3rd world, where they don't have pharmaceuticals. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6622596

Also Gulf War Syndrome is also to do with the vaccine they were injected with.

I think being emotionally aware of others can be a relatively rare skill. Looks like he is thinking only in the context of his own world while talking to you.

Keep doing the fitness. HPI won't stop a heart attack, check out the pics of fatty Fergus Wilson if you haven't yet.

I was training like a mad man and as usual my appetite matches it and I am never able to lose that last 14LB as hard as I train. So months ago I jumped in the deep end and did a 3 day water fast. By the 2nd day I thought something else was going on here that was special and was glued to the internet for ages reasearching and found loads of people who were doing exactly the same as me and logged on during their fast to find out it was nit just them.

still learning, but it effects HGH, insulin, burning fats instead of glucose, like you said it kills bad cells on longer fasts, has effects on mental wellbeing, the list is endless so won't clog this board up. Right now I am just doing loads of full on 24 to 50 hour water fasts and still working out, and I never miss a workout coming up to 24 hours plus of fasting, it is by far my best and strongest workout,, without exception, last one was a 55 mile cycle after a 30 hour fast.

I am nearly at target weight with another two day fast approaching, and the weird thing is I look forward to them, I would advice anyone to do it even to just  empty the gut for a short period and rest it.

HOLA4413
30 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

I was training like a mad man and as usual my appetite matches it and I am never able to lose that last 14LB as hard as I train. So months ago I jumped in the deep end and did a 3 day water fast. By the 2nd day I thought something else was going on here that was special and was glued to the internet for ages reasearching and found loads of people who were doing exactly the same as me and logged on during their fast to find out it was nit just them.

still learning, but it effects HGH, insulin, burning fats instead of glucose, like you said it kills bad cells on longer fasts, has effects on mental wellbeing, the list is endless so won't clog this board up. Right now I am just doing loads of full on 24 to 50 hour water fasts and still working out, and I never miss a workout coming up to 24 hours plus of fasting, it is by far my best and strongest workout,, without exception, last one was a 55 mile cycle after a 30 hour fast.

I am nearly at target weight with another two day fast approaching, and the weird thing is I look forward to them, I would advice anyone to do it even to just  empty the gut for a short period and rest it.

Fasting is integral to most all ancient cultures, there must be a reason for it. Contrast to western 'culture' watch How many times breakfast is programmed into particularly American film and tellie propaganda it's unreal.

next step breathairianism

Edited by thewig

HOLA4414
14 minutes ago, thewig said:

Fasting is integral to most all ancient cultures, there must be a reason for it. Contrast to western 'culture' watch How many times breakfast is programmed into particularly American film and tellie propaganda it's unreal.

I have just opened my eyes to it, and have to agree with you about all the ancient cultures using fasting, it was that thinking that made me feel at least give it a go, and after two brilliant triathletes near where I live  talked me into giving it a go I went for it,  in fact most religions have some form of fast as well.

The health benefits could well be huge in western countries, but how does a western culture market something where it encourages people to not spend, no money to be made from people not eating. Far better to talk them into over eating then provide the drugs to repair the over eating people induldge in.

HOLA4415

I made a complaint about biased reporting to the BBC once ( about the housing coverage ) and they responded and sent me a DVD of the clip in question.

The said the comments made were appropriate.

Having the recording in hand I saw 30 seconds later something that was indisputable incorrect and clearly biased, when I pointed this out to them they said they couldn't action this as I'd already made a complaint about a different thing in the program!!!!!

Propaganda merchants at best.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, thewig said:

Meh, in old age people were fasting because food was scarce. End of it. 

Meditational/religious fasting is another thing. 

Now, I do actually believe there is a benefit in doing it, and I am occasionally doing it myself - coincidence, this week. 

Agreed that we're programmed to consume more and at increasing pace given that costs are falling - except for housing. Case in point: clothing. I get that mobile phones get obsolete, but clothing? 

HOLA4417

Working my balls off and living frugally and all the while seeing the price of very average housing increasing year on year more than my annual salary.  Knowing that this is all my design and the outcome of deliberate policy - that is bad for my health.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:21 AM, stuckmojo said:

Meh, in old age people were fasting because food was scarce. End of it. 

Meditational/religious fasting is another thing. 

Now, I do actually believe there is a benefit in doing it, and I am occasionally doing it myself - coincidence, this week. 

Agreed that we're programmed to consume more and at increasing pace given that costs are falling - except for housing. Case in point: clothing. I get that mobile phones get obsolete, but clothing? 

not open minded to have a discussion on the entire history of fasting with "food was scarce, end of it"

check out breatharians - these "crazy" people go months without food with no detrimental effects, we've been completely conditioned to think we need to eat three times a day. We probably don't need to eat more than every few weeks.

HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, thewig said:

not open minded to have a discussion on the entire history of fasting with "food was scarce, end of it"

check out breatharians - these "crazy" people go months without food with no detrimental effects, we've been completely conditioned to think we need to eat three times a day. We probably don't need to eat more than every few weeks.

I think that's going a bit far, but I think you are on the right track, closer to most peoples views. We live in an age where our bodies are constantly fed several times a day and it is constantly producing insulin while we feed off glucose constantly, why would the body want to feed of fat stores. Another ting someone  mentioned on here is killing bad cells which I am now a strong believer in. A lot of studies have shown that most wild animals fast for obvious reasons and they never real age, they go from being strong virile beasts right to the end and then old age comes on fast and they die fast, no years or decades of fraility or illness.

HOLA4421
On 16/08/2017 at 0:56 PM, quinster said:

"On the contrary, it's good that these t0ssers are pooing their pants. It means that is actually happening"

what a sad attitude to life I feel sorry for anyone who wishes ill on others

Don't feel sorry for me Mr passive aggressive.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Thread mentions checking out Fergus. Bloated and beautiful. 

There is also a you tube clip on another thread of 118 owner ex-pat (apparently) Mark A. Trying to emulate the chunky King of BTL. 

I struggle with weight....well no my struggle is with work related stress night binges and a good 15% weight to lose . Footie 2/3 times a week keeps up the strength and every few years a concerted effort brings me back to a decent 'norm'. The son in law of a neighbour visits every few months and drags me out on a 10k muddy cross country run (well I jog). He serves in the forces and whilst I know at half my age he could burn me off (and he waits at the top of hills for me) he always can't believe I can generally keep up and keep each other motivated. Funny though 15k way feels too much and unnecessary (to me ?) 

Might have a look at fasting because I definitely consume through habit and comfort rather than hunger. 

In terms of the BBC, I struggle with most reporting by mist media (bot just BBC) on most subjects from both sides of any argument. Tend to feed their audience drivel with no real facts or 'news'. So when it's a subject you care about it can make you fume. So agree with recommendation on the thread. Abstinence of worse offenders. Easier said than done I know. ? 

Edited by Phil321

HOLA4424
On 8/18/2017 at 10:02 AM, thewig said:

No, let's discuss it. Give me evidence that people survive for months without eating with no detrimental effect. 

I agree on the benefits of fasting, and I occasionally do that myself, but breatharians are the nutritional equivalent of Scientology. Come on. 

Happy to be proven wrong. 

Happ