House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Is it true that people take ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs and cats for walks on a lead, in London? Am I an illiberal regional fuddy duddy for thinking it's a bit weird?

3 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

I guess we should just be grateful the trend doesn't include BIG cats...

Probably did in the 60s in London.

Some people just love to be the centre of attention and relish in the thought of people noticing them, better still if they make comment....even better still if they follow them.....only one word for it, insecure posers....using innocent defenseless animals that can't stand up for themselves, totally in control of their owners who are using them to attract attention.;)

10 minutes ago, Errol said:

I can confirm that the image below was taken in London:

Image result for Hyena on a lead

An everyday cockney street scene. Is this a clip from My Fair Lady?

It's happening in other areas as well. Seen cats being walked in Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes. Old people mainly.

Hard to imagine the average domestic cat standing for that sort of nonsense. "You're taking me where on a dog lead, slave? try it and i'll scratch your fecking eyes out!"

Okay, WTF is going on here?

Have OT members decided in my (and Winkie's) absence to reverse the normal order of things and make headings longer than body copy?

Has anyone tested how long a heading can be? Or did they get thrown off for an attempted buffer overflow attack?

By the way, I should add I'm not so concerned about people walking odd animals, so long as they are on a leash. What bothers me is people like First Direct, who just let their peculiar pets run wild on the streets.

4 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

According to legend, the 19th-century French poet Gérard de Nerval took a pet lobster named Thibault on walks in the Palais Royal gardens of Paris.

Probably untrue, though.

Sure he didn't have crabs? (sorry :rolleyes:)