House Price Crash Forum

Is anyone else bored of North Korea already?

chronyx

HOLA441
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I look at the way the media are reporting this: measured. I look at the way the stock market is responding: barely a twitch. I listen to our politicians: Brexit. The OP says he's 'bored'. It wouldn't surprise me if that is an average view. So move along. Nothing to see here.

It's like the clear blue sky, just before 9/11.

I'm not at all worried. And that concerns me.

As Bruce says, Trump may well wanna swat him. I might be wrong in some way here, but while Trump can't stop Obama-care or build a wall w/o approval, he can technically launch a nuclear strike. He's being pushed about by congress, just like an employee being bullied by his boss. We've already seen him vent his frustrations on Twitter. Fractious employees have been known to take it out on the wife. Fractious presidents would be looking further afield. And as a bonus, he could say he got something 'done'.

HOLA445
25 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

I look at the way the media are reporting this: measured. I look at the way the stock market is responding: barely a twitch. I listen to our politicians: Brexit. The OP says he's 'bored'. It wouldn't surprise me if that is an average view. So move along. Nothing to see here.

As Bruce says, Trump may well wanna swat him. I might be wrong in some way here, but while Trump can't stop Obama-care or build a wall w/o approval, he can technically launch a nuclear strike. He's being pushed about by congress, just like an employee being bullied by his boss. We've already seen him vent his frustrations on Twitter. Fractious employees have been known to take it out on the wife. Fractious presidents would be looking further afield. And as a bonus, he could say he got something 'done'.

That's how I understand it. 

I doubt he'd launch a preemptive nuclear strike, but a conventional missile / smart bomb strike backed up by special forces? Who knows.

Having said that, I can imagine a scenario where North Korean wind-up missiles headed for the waters off Guam, cross paths with real ones headed for Mr Kim's residence.

HOLA446

China have already stated that they 'won't allow' America to strike NK unless NK has first started the war (i.e. by attacking the US). China will not allow the US to carry out regime change but will allow war if NK is the first to attack.

So basically, if the US starts something unilaterally without NK first attacking them, I would expect China to (a) try and stop the US and (b) move massive amounts of troops into NK to preserve the regime. Technically, China probably could prevent a unilateral US attack using it's Russian acquired anti-air/missile systems.

At which point the US would be looking at war with China and NK. Presumably Russia would back China (even if only tacitly).

HOLA447

China Warns Trump: "We Will Prevent A North Korea Regime Change"

according to a statement in the influential state-run newspaper Global Times- "If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so,"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-11/china-promises-protect-north-korea-regime-change

HOLA448
23 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

Why? If there were nukes airborne now, you still couldn't do anything about it. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better: There isn't going to be a nuclear war.

HOLA449
2 minutes ago, chronyx said:

Why? If there were nukes airborne now, you still couldn't do anything about it. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better: There isn't going to be a nuclear war.

Without wanting to sound alarmist, I wouldn't be so sure. Unlikely, yes, but not impossible, we live in dangerous times.

HOLA4410
3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Without wanting to sound alarmist, I wouldn't be so sure. Unlikely, yes, but not impossible, we live in dangerous times.

I agree with you in that it's nearly time to choose your dance partner for WW3, but it's not going to be nuclear. No way.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 hour ago, chronyx said:

Feels like it's only been the news/online media a fortnight and I'm sick of it already.

There's not going to be a nuclear war for ******s sake

It's just this week's ******ing bogeyman

You should've lived in the sixties then it really WAS boring but deadly. 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

NK has never really been in a position where anyone has bit back with the rhetoric. Kims problem is at some point he will have to do something as you can't make threats forever. Trump just has to trash talk and wait.

China has given a green light if NK attacks the US. If NK launch any missile towards Guam I'm sure the US will claim its been attacked.

HOLA4415
31 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

Sick of you gen X & Y kiddies moaning about potential nukes. I was brought up in the fifties and sixties. ?

I was born in '49
A cold war kid in McCarthy time
Stop 'em all at the 38th Parallel
Blast those yellow reds to hell
And cold war kids were hard to kill
Under their desks in an air raid drill
Haven't they heard we won the war
What do they keep on fighting for?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Sledgehead said:

Trump doesn't want the media talking about Russia/Putin...

HOLA4418

NK has a well trained military and weapons. NK is not Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Grenada ect. Uncle Sam to attack NK? Total bobbins.

Pepe Escobar wrote a piece the other week saying that Asian countries around have no problem with NK apart from SK and Japan but i guess thats got something to do with all the GI's based in those 2 countries.

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, Errol said:

China have already stated that they 'won't allow' America to strike NK unless NK has first started the war (i.e. by attacking the US). China will not allow the US to carry out regime change but will allow war if NK is the first to attack.

So basically, if the US starts something unilaterally without NK first attacking them, I would expect China to (a) try and stop the US and (b) move massive amounts of troops into NK to preserve the regime. Technically, China probably could prevent a unilateral US attack using it's Russian acquired anti-air/missile systems.

At which point the US would be looking at war with China and NK. Presumably Russia would back China (even if only tacitly).

that being the case, I would expect china to start dumping US teasuries...of which they hold a considerable amount.

I don't think the chinese are daft enough to try and embroil themselves in a war with uncle sam..yet....they would, however, like to come out of this looking like the good guys,and take international public opinion with them.

..that being the case it sorta makes sense china playing NK as a proxy just to make life as difficult as possible does it not?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Media a few months ago - Laughing as every effort by Trump to block entry to US from terrorist hotbeds is blocked by random judges from North Carolina or Montana (!)

Media today - DONALD TRUMP IS ABOUT TO START WORLD WAR 3!!!!!

Are we seriously meant to believe a man who didn't have the authority to change US passport control is now suddenly the sole protagonist in this unfolding drama?

Looking like a convenient patsy to me.

HOLA4423
15 minutes ago, monks said:

Media a few months ago - Laughing as every effort by Trump to block entry to US from terrorist hotbeds is blocked by random judges from North Carolina or Montana (!)

Media today - DONALD TRUMP IS ABOUT TO START WORLD WAR 3!!!!!

Are we seriously meant to believe a man who didn't have the authority to change US passport control is now suddenly the sole protagonist in this unfolding drama?

Looking like a convenient patsy to me.

There are some things that a POTUS can do independently and I think military action is one of them, so yes, I believe so.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived