House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

The current economy is not Brown's mess any more

1 minute ago, Si1 said:

Osborne's economy is like Lawson's was now. Tory boom and bust. No passing the buck.

In a panto stylee

'oh yes it is......'

Yes i 100% blame the Tory party for this.Whilst id have preferred an outright crash in 2007/8/9, the debt/housing bubble was slowly deflating up until 2013 when the Tory party and the BoE decided to recreate Brown/Blairs bubble but this time with taxpayers money (HTB) and gifting money to the banks and mortgage holders which came directly from savers (FFL).

Hopefully at the next election theyll be out of office for a very long time for such treachery.

Just now, Habitationi Bulla said:

Yes i 100% blame the Tory party for this.Whilst id have preferred an outright crash in 2007/8/9, the debt/housing bubble was slowly deflating up until 2013 when the Tory party and the BoE decided to recreate Brown/Blairs bubble but this time with taxpayers money (HTB) and gifting money to the banks and mortgage holders which came directly from savers (FFL).

Hopefully at the next election theyll be out of office for a very long time for such treachery.

Unless BoE members are elected by the public... this madness continues

5 minutes ago, Habitationi Bulla said:

Exile or death.

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

Osborne's economy is like Lawson's was now. Tory boom and bust. No passing the buck.

Weve still not flipped RBS, never mind for any price close to what was paid.

1 hour ago, Habitationi Bulla said:

Which bit of the RBS bail out was funded by the private sector?

ZIRP,QE etc.....the Tories would never have got away with it if it had been their idea first.

It's lke that bit in Trainspotting though when one of them says something like,

'The English are w*****s,but we're worse than that,we were colonised by w*****s.'

On another tangent,I don't really remember the bubble slowly deflating into 2013.

10 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

...On another tangent,I don't really remember the bubble slowly deflating into 2013.

It did look that way at the time. 2012 / Q1 2013 we were starting to see prices continue to soften (south west / midlands), then with FLS established (when mortgage and savings rates noticably fell) and followed by deployment of HTB helped to hype and turn the market around. Hence, I was lucky enough to be able to find a family home before HPI resumed (in hindsight of course), before my life ran out of time to get saddled with the require debt :(.

1 hour ago, Habitationi Bulla said:

They need a public beating under nelson's column 

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Which bit of the RBS bail out was funded by the private sector?

On another tangent,I don't really remember the bubble slowly deflating into 2013.

Where did i say RBS was bailed out by the private sector?

Labour were in power and they went for QE/ZIRP hence it was their fault and no ones elses, your view about if the Tory party could have got away with it is nonsense ... as a few years later they did get away with it .. they even got away with a sprinkle more last week.

Where i was looking to buy which in the run up to 2013 was Oxford and Dorest prices were definitely falling or stagnating between the years 08 and early 2013 .. then they went f'en mental once HTB/FFL were introduced, so i can hardly blame Borwn or Corbyn for that.

And private debt was most certainly falling ... now they've got it growing at circa 12% PA .. and it would seem HTB isnt accounted for in private sector debt ... clever that.

I blame Brown/Blair for their bubble, this one is solely the fault of the Tory party. with a little help from the Libs.

vague-charts2

10 hours ago, Habitationi Bulla said:

I blame Brown/Blair for their bubble, this one is solely the fault of the Tory party. with a little help from the Libs.

This is the absolute truth, I partially regret the decision I made in 2010.  However, if it wasn't for the Tory HPI bubble I might have stayed in the UK and that I don't regret at all.

There are a few Tory sympathisers who won't like admitting that they are responsible for HPI II and would love to pin the whole blame on Labour.

The average UK house price is now over £220k, in Jan 2013 prior to HTB it was £167k, a 30% increase in 4 years. Not as bad as Blair/Brown, but nearly all generated by state intervention/manipulation.

2 minutes ago, olde guto said:

This is the absolute truth, I partially regret the decision I made in 2010.  However, if it wasn't for the Tory HPI bubble I might have stayed in the UK and that I don't regret at all.

There are a few Tory sympathisers who won't like admitting that they are responsible for HPI II and would love to pin the whole blame on Labour.

The average UK house price is now over £220k, in Jan 2013 prior to HTB it was £167k, a 30% increase in 4 years. Not as bad as Blair/Brown, but nearly all generated by state intervention/manipulation.

Thats the entire point, at least Labour left their bubble to the so called free market. The Tory party even stated in 2010 you cant base an economy on debt and high house prices, then done just that but with taxpayers money backing it.

This has had a huge impact on my and my childs life, i hate this so called Tory party with a passion, they are truly evil. The world would be a better place if they ceased to exist.

Who would have thought that we'd see a time when the labour party was a better (as in least worst) bet for the economy?

Aye, we're doomed.

4 hours ago, Habitationi Bulla said:

Thats the entire point, at least Labour left their bubble to the so called free market. The Tory party even stated in 2010 you cant base an economy on debt and high house prices, then done just that but with taxpayers money backing it.

This has had a huge impact on my and my childs life, i hate this so called Tory party with a passion, they are truly evil. The world would be a better place if they ceased to exist.

Don't worry about the 1.4 trillion debt, it isn't important so long as the deficit is reduced...