House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

It's official, pyramid scams do work....

It's official, pyramid scams do work....For the first to join in.

Pension jackpot for many baby boomers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40861225

Older people's income has received a massive boost from private and workplace pensions in the last 40 years, official statistics show.

Meanwhile, the young are forced to work longer for less.

"So, incomes in the last 40 years have grown thanks to final-salary pensions, yet the next generations of pensioners are unlikely to have access to this type of pension. Separate figures published on Tuesday show that final-salary pension funds were in a collective deficit of £180bn by the end of July."

Its time the boomers were stopped dead in their tracks.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

He said politicians' eyes were open to the need to increase this saving, but he argued that the state pension age needed to go up, and working lives extended, as we were all living for longer.

I've been predicting for a long time now, the government will force you to hand your wages over to a LONDON based finance company.

Privatization of the taxation system. 

This must be stopped now IMHO.

589. Posted byColey-in-Kent

onJust now

#198 the first truly sensible comment i've read on here today. I agree with you 100% and I would also say that it's going to come to a crashing end eventually. 
The whole system is already coming undone at the seams. Just wait to the current housing bubble bursts and watch it all implode. We need a change as this decades old status quo can't last for ever.

The word is out.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

If property prices crashed, ive no doubt people could and would save more into a pension.

Quite clearly this is not possible with the insane cost of housing.

Everyone inpower knows this but they d sweet FA about it, apart from making sure this generation of boomers can cash in the house to live off as well as winning the pensions lottery.

Anyone younger than 55 today can say goodbye to a pension worth the paper it's written on. they'll still be paying the boomers' ones (then in their 90's)

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

He said politicians' eyes were open to the need to increase this saving, but he argued that the state pension age needed to go up, and working lives extended, as we were all living for longer.

I've been predicting for a long time now, the government will force you to hand your wages over to a LONDON based finance company.

Just opt out. At least you can still do that.

Edited by Errol

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Just opt out. At least you can still do that.

I think it'll come the point where you are no longer allowed to opt out.

Our banker masters will demand it.

At that point you know it's time to GTFO

1 hour ago, stuckmojo said:

Anyone younger than 55 today can say goodbye to a pension worth the paper it's written on. they'll still be paying the boomers' ones (then in their 90's)

Pyramid scam of the highest order.

it's no coincidence that the only solution TPTB have to the financial crisis is more and more people.

Those ****s will allow 10's of millions into the UK now with 0 spending on infrastructure.

Buy a house in the UK....you got to be kidding !!!

25 years a slave: http://fromarsetoelbow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/25-years-slave.html

"The increase in demand for labour after WW2 allowed workers to negotiate improved wages, i.e. current income, but it also drove their demand for shorter hours and earlier retirement on decent pensions, i.e. a larger share of future time was to be enjoyed by the worker rather than transformed into capital.

The counter-measure to this claim on future time by workers was the growth of the property mortgage, which is a claim on future labour..."

6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I kind of feel this has already happened, it's called government (unfortunately not via proportional representation), they supposedly work a few days a week in London, have the John Lewis lists gone yet?  Anyhow anything they don't know or understand they hire in a consultant to advise (those helpful NGO's).  After that they take back handers when appropriate and make fake gestures to the electorate about fixing stuff.  At the end there's a few PPI's (remember Brown and private party initiatives?) that get over paid contracts to spend money, wisely.   Then when it doesn't work they blame the voter for not voting in their other opposition party, who's also bought and paid for.

Finally IMHO all this happens when people (voters) understandably get confused by state run media miss spelling polyarchy repeatedly as democracy.

To answer your point, sorry for the rant above:  Yes, stopping all government privatization should be a must.  Make'em small and lean, only required for social (i.e. collective) needs that doesn't include every facet of life (IMHO).   Thanks to BREXIT it might now be an offshore finance company rather than LONDON based!

4 hours ago, stuckmojo said:

In their 90s......I am not sure boomers will outlive their 'silent generation' given their love of alcohol and salt!   Give millenialls their due- they do try to eat healthier.