House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qetesuesi

That Diana documentary...

Was mot interested when she was alive and was little affected by her death, other than thinking it must be tough for her kids.

I am even less interested this many years on. Those calling for the prog to be canceled are the same people who drove up the price of paparazzi photos while she was alive and doubtless contributed to her demise.

I haven't a clue when it was on. Was probably watching aff-leh-ix, again something I am little interested in.

Didn't watch it, but I thought it exploitative of C4 to use material which she presumably thought would remain private.  What is 'in the public interest' and what interests the public are IMO two very different things. 

However I dare say it pulled in lots of viewers, which is all C4 cares about, however prurient and distasteful. 

9 hours ago, Mrs Bear said:

Didn't watch it, but I thought it exploitative of C4 to use material which she presumably thought would remain private.  What is 'in the public interest' and what interests the public are IMO two very different things. 

However I dare say it pulled in lots of viewers, which is all C4 cares about, however prurient and distasteful. 

well FWIW i think she probably was trapped in a loveless (arranged) marriage of sorts, so I do have a bit of sympathy in that respect,

but I do remember the night before the funeral- I had been out clubbing in london and it was ,to put it bluntly, hysteria.

Given that I was in a state of rather serious inibriation at the time and was trying to leave the city at about 4am, I was not exactly best pleased with miles and miles of ambling wellwishers,partially shut down tube networks etc etc.

part of me says "oh just leave the poor cow alone and let her family have a bit of peace"...the other bit is proper facepalm moment from the (over)reaction of joe public....like "beam me up man-these people are weirdo's..I want to go home!"

On 8/6/2017 at 11:57 PM, Sledgehead said:

Those calling for the prog to be canceled are the same people who drove up the price of paparazzi photos while she was alive and doubtless contributed to her demise.

I think that was the reason for the huge outpouring of grief. Millions of people knowing intuitively that they have blood on their hands.

2 hours ago, John51 said:

I think that was the reason for the huge outpouring of grief. Millions of people knowing intuitively that they have blood on their hands.

"You may think that, but I couldn't possibly comment"

2 hours ago, John51 said:

I don't know about 'grief' - more like mass hysteria and people enjoying the drama/tragedy.  

I watched the funeral, and the hysterical screaming and wailing early on in the procession - presumably largely from people who'd never even met her, was IMO sickening.  Luckily it soon died down - I would hope after a few hard words/steely stares from stiff upper lippers  telling them to FGS STFU.  

I just watched it today.  It seemed from the footage shown that she would have been quite happy for this to be broadcast, as she obviously wanted her version of the story out