House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

You know the games up when...

18 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

1. You see local supply start to increase dramatically as the greedy put their over priced sheds up for sale.

And they remain on sale....

24 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

1. You see local supply start to increase dramatically as the greedy put their over priced sheds up for sale.

Just curious....Which area are you referring to?  OR just making general observation?

Edited by anonguest

32 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Could replace greedy with debt laden.

37 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

I will know when the game is up when I one day sign onto HPC and at long last read that one solid bit of tangible evidence that makes me sigh with relief and know this nightmare is at long last finsihed.

7 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

I will know when the game is up when I one day sign onto HPC and at long last read that one solid bit of tangible evidence that makes me sigh with relief and know this nightmare is at long last finsihed.

+1

This started last week here is Herts,  over the course of the week, 5-10 chain free, empty houses came on, depressingly though some have already done sstc.  Most new 2 bed houses come on at about 325-350, which I would hope to be more like 250-300. One well priced 2 bed end terrace stayed on for a couple of weeks but has now gone. 

It's Interesting here as a peak of madness, 2 bed good terrace houses going for 450-500, so a lot of fluff already gone off.

So all in all, promising, but a bit depressing too.

2 hours ago, anonguest said:

Just curious....Which area are you referring to?  OR just making general observation?

My general observation is that assets are entering the market. Highly priced to cash out before true uncertainties cripple the economy. 

I'm presuming that a form of wealth tax looms, percentage based on value of assets (other than residential homes). Imagine someone own 3 flats each valued at £400k and a wealth tax of  1% = £4000 x 3 = £12,000.

Basically the government is not generating enough tax revenues to become self sustaining.

Certainly not seeing that in my area unfortunately.

Supply at an all time low, asking prices at an all time high and a seemingly steady supply of idiots willing to meet these prices.

2 hours ago, maverick73 said:

My general observation is that assets are entering the market. Highly priced to cash out before true uncertainties cripple the economy. 

I'm presuming that a form of wealth tax looms, percentage based on value of assets (other than residential homes). Imagine someone own 3 flats each valued at £400k and a wealth tax of  1% = £4000 x 3 = £12,000.

Basically the government is not generating enough tax revenues to become self sustaining.

Watch them start running for the exit if an election is called, and that could come quicker than most expet, and Corbyn pulls it off. He is not going to leave the BTL parasites  with the shirt on their backs if he has his way, they will praying for the old days of Osbourne

6 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

You've just described the last 2 years in Aberdeen!

5 hours ago, wotsthat said:

I will know when the game is up when I one day sign onto HPC and at long last read that one solid bit of tangible evidence that makes me sigh with relief and know this nightmare is at long last finsihed

Ain't it the truth. Crazy Smiley Faces

1 hour ago, wotsthat said:

Watch them start running for the exit if an election is called, and that could come quicker than most expet, and Corbyn pulls it off. He is not going to leave the BTL parasites  with the shirt on their backs if he has his way, they will praying for the old days of Osbourne

22% + of Labour MP's have rental income from additional properties....

15 minutes ago, juvenal said:

22% + of Labour MP's have rental income from additional properties....

... And thanks to Corbyn at least they still have their day jobs as MPs...

3 hours ago, Society of fools said:

I could write down a list as long as your arm as to why this housing market is just mental with total 100% conviction, but after this weekend and one gobby little delusional know it all sister I have just about  had enough for now.

4 hours ago, Society of fools said:

It's been this ever since BoE got independence.

28 minutes ago, Si1 said:

It's been this ever since BoE got independence.

That is the only one thing I think Gordon Brown got right. I am not saying the BOE are whiter than white, but when interest rates were left for political bribing it was much worse.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

That is the only one thing I think Gordon Brown got right. I am not saying the BOE are whiter than white, but when interest rates were left for political bribling it was much worse.

That's worthy of a debate in itself.

3 hours ago, wotsthat said:

That is the only one thing I think Gordon Brown got right. I am not saying the BOE are whiter than white, but when interest rates were left for political bribing it was much worse.

That is just complete and utter crap.

When the govt were in charge they put interest rates up to circa 15%, who the hell were they bribing?????

The govt never put rates at 0.5% or better still 0.25%. NEVER

9 hours ago, wotsthat said:

... after this weekend and one gobby little delusional know it all sister I have just about  had enough for now.

Please share!

15 hours ago, nome said:

Certainly not seeing that in my area unfortunately.

Supply at an all time low, asking prices at an all time high and a seemingly steady supply of idiots willing to meet these prices.

Similar close to me. But Yorkshire hotspots (York, Harrogate, North Leeds) are relatively cheap v's London.....and that is who seem to be buying these. 

However, a farrow and ball makeover and a grey kitchen seem to be adding unprecedented daft prices particularly to prestige locations and period property. Hopefully the last fizzle as the market prepares to plummet. 

Very very different story already in the less desirable areas including the North East or upper North Yorkshire. The auction threads highlight significant drops (at auction at least). 

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15452893.York_s_house_prices_are_going_through_the_roof/

Edited by Phil321
Typo

5 hours ago, Habitationi Bulla said:

That is just complete and utter crap.

When the govt were in charge they put interest rates up to circa 15%, who the hell were they bribing?????

The govt never put rates at 0.5% or better still 0.25%. NEVER

It never ceases to amazes just because there is safely in being behind being behind a laptop screen never to see  the person you are saying is "talking clap".

You don;t speak to people like that in real life, don't speak to me like that on here.

Right, where was we .. SO YOU DISAGREE do you............................................

10 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

It never ceases to amazes just because there is safely in being behind being behind a laptop screen never to see  the person you are saying is "talking clap".

You don;t speak to people like that in real life, don't speak to me like that on here.

Right, where was we .. SO YOU DISAGREE do you............................................

Tbh mate I DO speak to people like that in everyday life. Perhaps not formally in work meetings unless it's a colleague I'm mates with. Maybe it's a Northern thing.