House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

who is right ?

well hitting 40 soon and quite annoyed how things have turned out, still living at home although i did own a place until 2006, gave up work a few years back due to mental out look on life, no other half amongst other things. 

chatting to a younger group of people in a pub i go in and we start talking about work etc and i mention i moved back home and stopped working and i get labeled as a sad loser from that point on by the females which is understandable by most peoples mentality, but when i ask about their situation they are all flat sharing, so i ask how much of their income goes towards rent council tax etc. a couple start complaining about handing over 650 each in rent  with 3 of them there in clapham, i start laughing at this point.  call it 2k a month to share in clapham with CT.

They have no savings either apparently all drinking fizzy overpriced wine  and taking selfies . i laughed along with them and proceeded to say i could pay the rent for all 3 of them for 9 years without having to get out of bed and the faces went quite.  

corbyn really is the only hope for this lot. 

funny how if you are not part of the worker drone flash harry type you are branded a sad loser. 

1 hour ago, longgone said:

well hitting 40 soon and quite annoyed how things have turned out, still living at home although i did own a place until 2006, gave up work a few years back due to mental out look on life, no other half amongst other things. 

chatting to a younger group of people in a pub i go in and we start talking about work etc and i mention i moved back home and stopped working and i get labeled as a sad loser from that point on by the females which is understandable by most peoples mentality, but when i ask about their situation they are all flat sharing, so i ask how much of their income goes towards rent council tax etc. a couple start complaining about handing over 650 each in rent  with 3 of them there in clapham, i start laughing at this point.  call it 2k a month to share in clapham with CT.

They have no savings either apparently all drinking fizzy overpriced wine  and taking selfies . i laughed along with them and proceeded to say i could pay the rent for all 3 of them for 9 years without having to get out of bed and the faces went quite.  

corbyn really is the only hope for this lot. 

funny how if you are not part of the worker drone flash harry type you are branded a sad loser. 

Depends on whether or not you like your work I suppose...... and your parents!

Did the younger people in the pub have the opportunity to generate a quarter of a mil?

1 hour ago, AThirdWay said:

Depends on whether or not you like your work I suppose...... and your parents!

Did the younger people in the pub have the opportunity to generate a quarter of a mil?

Don't see why not degrees and city types

Its not the point of caring, they can't distinguish the point of not having to slave away to exist I find annoying, yet I am considered the loser :)

Late 20s and not a bean to fall back on if your trendy job goes south.

Nobody is ever absolutely right always....they may think they are right, they may be right for a short moment in time, but never for ever......be who you are while you are.....;)

26 minutes ago, winkie said:

Nobody is ever absolutely right always....they may think they are right, they may be right for a short moment in time, but never for ever......be who you are while you are.....;)

Fook me 1970s hit parade 

10 hours ago, longgone said:

Fook me 1970s hit parade 

Not everything was a hit in the 70s, just as many losers as today......but don't recall this mindset because hardly anyone was a flash harry worker drone so a loser.;)

"funny how if you are not part of the worker drone flash harry type you are branded a sad loser." 

That anecdote illustrates how we've gone Japanese.

Worker drones on the one-hand and drop-outs on the other.

Either way, this country no longer offers the opportunity to get on and do well, unless you are from the elite or involved in organised crime. 

2 hours ago, thisisthisitmaybe said:

That anecdote illustrates how we've gone Japanese.

Worker drones on the one-hand and drop-outs on the other.

Either way, this country no longer offers the opportunity to get on and do well, unless you are from the elite or involved in organised crime. 

maybe i`m going Hikikomori

2 hours ago, winkie said:

Not everything was a hit in the 70s, just as many losers as today......but don't recall this mindset because hardly anyone was a flash harry worker drone so a loser.;)

not sure how to take that :lol:

Well, they are younger than you. You remember 'young', right?

When I was, what, 10, I remember seeing some movie where a kid had all these model aircraft suspended from his bedroom ceiling, depicting an epic dog-fight. It stuck me that a person could want for nothing greater.

Nowadays I think, what a dusting nightmare. And I don't even dust much.

Of course, I am now totally dead inside, but hay, I'm comfortable with that. :D

1 hour ago, Sledgehead said:

Well, they are younger than you. You remember 'young', right?

When I was, what, 10, I remember seeing some movie where a kid had all these model aircraft suspended from his bedroom ceiling, depicting an epic dog-fight. It stuck me that a person could want for nothing greater.

Nowadays I think, what a dusting nightmare. And I don't even dust much.

Of course, I am now totally dead inside, but hay, I'm comfortable with that. :D

To be fair chronological age is not a good measure of what is determined to be `young`  our biological age is much more important the mirror test is probably a far better way of gauging biological age and you can do it every morning. :lol:

i do remember young from a chronological point of view but i would rather forget a lot of it, i was in a far better position financially than these bearded hipsters in my late 20`s, even after spunking 300 quid on nights out :rolleyes: cash was all the rage to pay for drinks then too, no one really drank cocktails which speeded up the bar service and no waiting around for credit cards to go through. 

you are certainly not dead inside as your post proves :lol: