House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Option5

On The Market to float

"The company is aiming for a market capitalisation of £200m to £250m"

Someone please explain to me how its worth this much?

In my field businesses for for 6-8 fickle or 10x+ ebitda if in a great location set to keep going for years.

How does a website thats failed to beat the competition and with a launch of jan 2015 say that its worth 1.5x the ebitda of rightmoves £163.23million then that site is clearly the market leader and has been around for years.

5,700 agents compared to 17,589!!! and who bets a number of them are on promo try us out deals?

I always thought OTM.com was a project to try and cut out rightmove and save agents money if it is not then why bother as it will be just another expense.

Like others have said a pump and dump before the drops .... may not even be here in another 5 years possibly.

Edited by Fromage Frais

12 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

"The company is aiming for a market capitalisation of £200mp to £250mp"

Someone please explain to me how its worth this much?

In my field businesses for for 6-8 fickle or 10x+ ebitda if in a great location set to keep going for years.

How does a website thats failed to beat the competition and with a launch of jan 2015 say that its worth 1.5x the ebitda of rightmoves £163.23million then that site is clearly the market leader and has been around for years.

5,700 agents compared to 17,589!!! and who bets a number of them are on promo try us out deals?

I always thought OTM.com was a project to try and cut out rightmove and save agents money if it is not then why bother as it will be just another expense.

Like others have said a pump and dump before the drops .... may not even be here in another 5 years possibly.

Its a total dud. The get fckall for it.

I think a lot of EAs provided funding for OTM too. Their attempt at trying to beat down RightMove.

OTM was the agents' attempt to cut out RM as RM is squeezing them big time on fees. They have failed though. Probably because of a networking effect type thing. You need a little more than a clone of RM and then saying "some agents will list properties here first".

And once they have offloaded it, those agents will have no reason to list there first either. So what reason does OTM have to exist? Who the hell is going to buy it? Sucker retail investors?

3 hours ago, spyguy said:

Its a total dud. The get fckall for it.

I think a lot of EAs provided funding for OTM too. Their attempt at trying to beat down RightMove.

they better start lowering prices to generate sales then 

53 minutes ago, rolandormrod said:

Good shorting opportunity quite possibly

This 

It's a head scratcher.  I don't think they would have gone to Rightmove, and Zoopla owners and said 'buy us'. They'd have been laughed out or told to F off. Maybe they approached others and again no one wanted them. I've not seen how much they put into this venture. I don't know if one option was to shut the thing down and write off the investment?