House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Daily Express turns bear : Expert warns house prices could fall to lows of £70k

The express, well, they are perpetual rampers....they're are pretty much despised around these parts....

so people would be surprised to see any mega pro house price crash rhetoric ?

Well, here you go.

Times they are a changing.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/836056/property-market-crash-uk-news

Is a property market CRASH imminent? Expert warns house prices could fall to lows of £70k

PROPERTY market crash could see prices of property for sale could plummet to £70,000, experts warned last month. Now a property expert has given the latest news and updates on whether a crash is possible. A crash could take nearly eight years to recover.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Just now, Freki said:

As a foreigner, poorly written English really pisses me off:

https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/affect-effect/

As a Brit, communication is about transfer of a message, knowledge an idea between people, badly written or otherwise.

What really pisses me of are trolls trying to derail a thread, now f8** off.

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

As a Brit, communication is about transfer of a message, knowledge an idea between people, badly written or otherwise.

What really pisses me of are trolls trying to derail a thread, now f8** off.

Troll. :ph34r::lol:

Which derriere do they pull these gems from:

"The average house price in the South East is £315,807, and after a crash today it would be worth £253,327. This is a devaluation of £62,480."

"A property market crash could see house prices fall to £70,000 in Northern Ireland, and would take seven years and seven months to recover across the country, experts are claiming."

2 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Which derriere do they pull these gems from:

"The average house price in the South East is £315,807, and after a crash today it would be worth £253,327. This is a devaluation of £62,480."

"A property market crash could see house prices fall to £70,000 in Northern Ireland, and would take seven years and seven months to recover across the country, experts are claiming."

Yeah, that £253,327 should be £70K :lol: 

Blinder of a headline tho

14 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The express, well, they are perpetual rampers....t

Times they are a changing.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/836056/property-market-crash-uk-news

Yes indeed, and thanks for posting.

What a headline coming from the Express. As we know the housing market is all about sentiment. Headlines like this coming from the Express are certainly going to affect sentiment.

5 minutes ago, thewig said:

another 7/7/7 coded into this story - I call illuminati gematria programming :huh:

Talk about the establishment pushing a new narritive.

There will be a lot of boomers/BTLers/Morons/Chinese reading this thinking....WTF..Houses only go up...the daily express said so. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

1 minute ago, moonriver said:

What a headline coming from the Express. As we know the housing market is all about sentiment. Headlines like this coming from the Express are certainly going to affect sentiment.

No need to thank me, i'm doing it for our children.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

1 minute ago, moonriver said:

Everyone should send a link to this story to 6 BTLers/Pwopatee bulls/idiots with the title....I tried to warn you....

Just now, Noallegiance said:

Very interesting

This is what I think is behind the reversal in media coverage of HPI:

- Encourage highly-leveraged actors to leave the market to reduce their systemic impact

- Set a floor under expectations

- Avoid claims they 'didn't see it coming' which undermine confidence in authority

I'll be ignoring them and making my own judgements on value.

i wonder if the anti HPI is the trigger to have another Eu referendum. 

look boomers you voted brexit, look what you did to the free cash machine installed at home.

brexit was bad let`s have another one. 

6 minutes ago, darkmarket said:

This is what I think is behind the reversal in media coverage of HPI:

- Encourage highly-leveraged actors to leave the market to reduce their systemic impact

- Set a floor under expectations

- Avoid claims they 'didn't see it coming' which undermine confidence in authority

I'll be ignoring them and making my own judgements on value.

That would be how I see it.

We'll eventually get...it's much worse than we thought headlines...followed by "Jail Osborne and Carney " ones ( I hope ) 

Just hope that this continues after the media "silly season" ends.

Around my target areas (Bucks/ Beds) most of the houses that didn't sell have been taken off the market. I saw one being painted (exterior) the other day and what looked like internal doors being replaced. They seem to think that this "throwing good money after bad" is going to make their over valued homes sell.

We need more headlines like this to dissuade them. 

1 minute ago, Flopsy said:

Just hope that this continues after the media "silly season" ends.

Around my target areas (Bucks/ Beds) most of the houses that didn't sell have been taken off the market. I saw one being painted (exterior) the other day and what looked like internal doors being replaced. They seem to think that this "throwing good money after bad" is going to make their over valued homes sell.

We need more headlines like this to dissuade them. 

And you know what....we'll get them.

The only people loosing out here are the speculators, the boomers, the BOMAD and BTLers.

Happy days for the other 90% of the country.

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

That would be how I see it.

We'll eventually get...it's much worse than we thought headlines...followed by "Jail Osborne and Carney " ones ( I hope ) 

Those headlines should contribute a little more to undermining confidence in authorities that persistently refuse to respect the terms on which that authority was granted.

Not holding my breath for the latter, although Carney's fall from grace is already underway and awareness of his personal responsibility for the credit bubble seems high, so he'd be a convenient scapegoat for the Conservatives.

5 minutes ago, darkmarket said:

Those headlines should contribute a little more to undermining confidence in authorities that persistently refuse to respect the terms on which that authority was granted.

Not holding my breath for the latter, although Carney's fall from grace is already underway and awareness of his personal responsibility for the credit bubble seems high, so he'd be a convenient scapegoat for the Conservatives.

I'd personally bring back public hangings for him.

I may stand for election