House Price Crash Forum
nome

THE Most pathetic Objection to New Housing I've Ever Heard...

Thankfully the plans have just been narrowly approved by Gwynedd Council (still needs joint approval from Anglesey Council)... but one of the biggest objections to the new housing proposals was ''the effect it would have on the Welsh language''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-35968290

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gwynedd-anglesey-ldp-cymdeithas-protest--13397224

Edited by nome

3 hours ago, nome said:

Thankfully the plans have just been narrowly approved by Gwynedd Council (still needs joint approval from Anglesey Council)... but one of the biggest objections to the new housing proposals was ''the effect it would have on the Welsh language''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-35968290

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gwynedd-anglesey-ldp-cymdeithas-protest--13397224

We don't need more houses we need less people. With advances in technology machines will do huge swaths of jobs. To insure a good quality of life less is more.. without imigration the U.K. Population would be falling. Great for the environment, knock down tower blocks and replace with gardens, just increase our technology investment and move away from cheap slave labour. Let's face it with houses and rents as they are, slave labour is an appropriate description.

11 hours ago, macca13 said:

We don't need more houses we need less people.

How dare you suggest the ideal win-win situation on HPC, where "must keep builiding as much as we can, absolutely everywhere, and sneer at anyone who dares dislike such vandalism!" is an article of dogma.

I think I preferred it when the single issue obsessives were turning every HPC thread into a goldbug thread. I guess this would have been in about 2011-12 and it took heavy mod intervention to force them all into a single thread for goldbugs. The current trend of turning every thread into an anti-immigration thread is a lot uglier.

Edited by Dorkins

14 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I think I preferred it when the single issue obsessives were turning every HPC thread into a goldbug thread. I guess this would have been in about 2011-12 and it took heavy mod intervention to force them all into a single thread for goldbugs. The current trend of turning every thread into an anti-immigration thread is a lot uglier.

It is only ugly if you conflate an anti-population growth with racist views.

It is not an unreasonable position to think that we have a crowding issue.

%0

12 hours ago, macca13 said:

We don't need more houses we need less people. With advances in technology machines will do huge swaths of jobs. To insure a good quality of life less is more.. without imigration the U.K. Population would be falling. Great for the environment, knock down tower blocks and replace with gardens, just increase our technology investment and move away from cheap slave labour. Let's face it with houses and rents as they are, slave labour is an appropriate description.

Think of GDP man, what would our construction industry do if there weren't tower blocks to refurb at 10 million a pop to house the extra people. And then they are losing on every contract if Carillion is anything to go by. I guess somebody must making money out of it somewhere though.

3 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Have you been brainwashed by the left wing.. Name the 10 best things about historical/current immigration?

here is my top 10 worst:

1)Terrorists

2)FGM

3)Acid attacks/honour killings

4)Religion, can't stand it. 4000 different religions.. you don't have to be mad but it helps.

5)overpopulation, epecially in cities.

6)community segregation, lots of people want to live in the U.K. But not with the UK..

7)gun/knife crime.

8)economy, I'm just not convinced no matter what rubbish MP's spout that low paid immigration can be good for the economy. Good for multi nationals who want to pay very little.

9)Housing, imigration seems to have bought back slums, bed sharing, beds in sheds, beds in cupboards, basements.. now brits are being pushed to third world living.

10)The future, demographics, gender, religion, culture. 

I already know What response I will get to this but I really am past caring, can't let the brain washing continue anymore.. it's time for those who embrace immigration to stop calling everyone racist when they ask the question.. are you sure it's brilliant, enriching, wonderful.. all the strange words I hear used on a daily basis. 

So I challenge you, top 10.. I'm waiting for NHS to be at number 1.. even though our total incompetence in government is the reason we don't train our own, and overpopulation is the reason our services are collapsing.. but try your best! 

11 hours ago, Dorkins said:

err...i thought this website was about the price of housing? three key dynamics are at work in that respect..

1.immigration - demand

2.loose credit and other support schemes to facilitate demand

3.house building - supply

it is absolutely legit to raise immigration as a key issue....more relevant than the price of gold. If we hadn't had the immigration we have had over recent decades there would be no need for the extra housing and prices would be considerably lower.

11 minutes ago, Wayward said:

err...i thought this website was about the price of housing? three key dynamics are at work in that respect..

1.immigration - demand

it is absolutely legit to raise immigration as a key issue....more relevant than the price of gold. If we hadn't had the immigration we have had over recent decades there would be no need for the extra housing and prices would be considerably lower.

The problem with the single issue obsessives is they ruin threads by dragging them off whatever topic they were supposed to be (in this case an attempt to prevent housebuilding by claiming it would damage the Welsh language) onto their favourite subject. In this case it only took 5 posts for that to happen and to kill the thread.

Posters are of course completely free to discuss the effect of immigration on house prices, however it would be polite if they could have the self-discipline to stick to the topic of the thread they are posting in. If posters want to discuss immigration and house prices they are free to start a thread where this is the topic.

22 hours ago, Dorkins said:

The problem with the single issue obsessives is they ruin threads by dragging them off whatever topic they were supposed to be (in this case an attempt to prevent housebuilding by claiming it would damage the Welsh language) onto their favourite subject. In this case it only took 5 posts for that to happen and to kill the thread.

Posters are of course completely free to discuss the effect of immigration on house prices, however it would be polite if they could have the self-discipline to stick to the topic of the thread they are posting in. If posters want to discuss immigration and house prices they are free to start a thread where this is the topic.

Shows the emotions running high, also the mentality amongst the many especially when they feel left behind. 

Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who observed that if 80% of the base prosper it shouldn't be at the expense of the 20% whom don't.

I'm witnessing the current squeeze on benefits has created a rebuttal against the establishment, that swore to help its citizens.

Agreed, Nono this has anything to do with 'House Prices'!

On 29/07/2017 at 9:33 PM, Wayward said:

1.immigration - demand

+1, it is dishonest to say that immigration has not been a factor.  That doesn't mean that immigration is bad, if I spend £40k on a BMW then I no longer have £40k - it could be that I am very happy with doing this but I cannot  ignore that.  In the same way British politicians can pretend that millions of people coming here do not have any costs.

On 29/07/2017 at 10:36 AM, CunningPlan said:

It is only ugly if you conflate an anti-population growth with racist views.

It is not an unreasonable position to think that we have a crowding issue.

%0

Spot on. My view is based simply on being completely convinced that the UK could be a much pleasanter place to live in if there were rather fewer people living in it, and part of that is because building more houses ends up making it more unpleasant (both in quality and quantity, and I think that most of us probably agree on the quality part).

16 hours ago, maverick73 said:

Shows the emotions running high, also the mentality amongst the many especially when they feel left behind. 

Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who observed that if 80% of the base prosper it shouldn't be at the expense of the 20% whom don't.

I'm witnessing the current squeeze on benefits has created a rebuttal against the establishment, that swore to help its citizens.

Agreed, Nono this has anything to do with 'House Prices'!

Would that be the 'percieved' mentality like the bloke who walked out of QT after being told he was wrong by his superiors?

On 29/07/2017 at 9:49 PM, Dorkins said:

+1 - It's become HPC's equivalent of Godwin's law.