10/03/2016,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,100,000 Offers in Excess of £1,000,000  
17/02/2016,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,250,000 £1,100,000  
05/01/2016,
  • Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing
02/01/2016,
  • Initial entry found. 

It looks like the boom that never was is over.

3850 sq foot = £220  per sq ft.

By my ready rekoner, that's around 2007 bubble prices now.

10 minutes ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

Build costs are getting on for £150sqft now.  At that price, they are nearly giving the land away :)

That was built when build costs were £50 psqft so can be sold much cheaper :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Another 400k and I'll consider buying it for cash.

To be honest, maybe i've gone mad, but that's not far off being a good price, if it dropped to 700K and I'd put a cheeky offer in myself.

I've done 1 viewing in last 2/3 years but get the feeling the time is coming fast where a 20% below asking price will again be considered

I'm disappointed. Read the headline and clicked straight away thinking the helicopters had been scrambled by the BoE and QE 2.0 had started. :D

2 hours ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

Build costs are getting on for £150sqft now.  At that price, they are nearly giving the land away :)

If the EPC details accurately matches the build quality I'm not so sure.... A lot of house for the eventual buyer though - anything that size round this neck of the woods would be more..

I still think despite all the reductions that it is  still too expensive. There's nothing in the "market info" to hint at what it was bought for or when, which suggests it could have been last sold 20 years or more ago. If that is the case, it could be reduced a lot more.

19 minutes ago, simon49 said:

I still think despite all the reductions that it is  still too expensive. There's nothing in the "market info" to hint at what it was bought for or when, which suggests it could have been last sold 20 years or more ago. If that is the case, it could be reduced a lot more.

Agree. It's in the middle of nowhere. Telling that they state it has train services to London that take 40mins.

Shows what type of buyer they are looking for. 

For the price though, and given the current stats showing drops, you'll be able to by similar in Kingston and similar areas for same price within 12 months. Worth waiting for? ;) 

Edited by Agentimmo

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

To be honest, maybe i've gone mad, but that's not far off being a good price, if it dropped to 700K and I'd put a cheeky offer in myself.

I've done 1 viewing in last 2/3 years but get the feeling the time is coming fast where a 20% below asking price will again be considered

Gazumped by the count. I feel honoured.

2 hours ago, Agentimmo said:

Agree. It's in the middle of nowhere. Telling that they state it has train services to London that take 40mins.

Shows what type of buyer they are looking for. 

For the price though, and given the current stats showing drops, you'll be able to by similar in Kingston and similar areas for same price within 12 months. Worth waiting for? ;) 

Hefty drop that, and its massive, mind you in the middle of nowhere. Hope you're right about Kingston in 12 months, it would be great to see sensible prices nearer London

42 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Close to an active airfield.

Handy when you consider you could fit a small aeroplane in the garage.

42 minutes ago, 17clarence said:

Google maps is saying best time Ickwell to Kings Cross is 1:23, and that doesn't include parking and getting to platform in good time.

Fastest journey is 19 mins cycle to Biggleswade station (quicker by car), then quickest train is 31 minutes into London (depending on time).

49 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Close to an active airfield.

And it's an old vintage plane aerodrome. Obviously planes do fly out of there but it's hardly Heathrow. http://www.shuttleworth.org/

Hello, sorry, first post. Just thought in the balance of fairness ...

2 minutes ago, WTFiswrongwiththeworld said:

Fastest journey is 19 mins cycle to Biggleswade station (quicker by car), then quickest train is 31 minutes into London (depending on time).

And it's an old vintage plane aerodrome. Obviously planes do fly out of there but it's hardly Heathrow. http://www.shuttleworth.org/

Hello, sorry, first post. Just thought in the balance of fairness ...

I know all about airfields and they do affect the value of a house, some people really object to the noise and it limits the market.

Some unpleasant people actively seek out houses under the circuit of an airfield which is difficult to sell, buy it for well below asking price and then start a campaign to have the airfield shut down.

20 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Oil central heating so guessing there's no gas supply to the village. That'll put a lot of people off.

Oil is terrible. We rented an oil heated house for 18 months and it cost a fortune. The boiler was so inefficient, it was a right pain getting deliveries organised and you're always worried someone will nick all your oil one night. We built a house in the same village but we have an air source heat pump instead. Electric bills with heating combined are ~100 quid per month and I get 120 quid renewable heat incentive payment once a quarter.

15 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I know all about airfields and they do affect the value of a house, some people really object to the noise and it limits the market.

Some unpleasant people actively seek out houses under the circuit of an airfield which is difficult to sell, buy it for well below asking price and then start a campaign to have the airfield shut down.

Heathrow and Gatwick spring to mind.....