House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MancTom

Sham company directors?

Hiya,

I came across something which appears quite odd, and I wonder if any business types might know the reasoning. To cut a long story short I am having some building work done that will come with long guarantees, so I checked on the public records at companies house the companies that gave me quotes to see how long they have been trading. One has a director who was appointed the day the company was founded, and then resigned the same day. This person is a director (or has been) of 1500 other companies all registered at the same address and is over 80 years old (so is presumably not really a company director in practice). What would the reason be for such a structure?

Cheers,

Tom

This is usual if people use one of those business formation companies to set up their Ltd company.

Usually they are set up in the name of the accountant etc. who deals with the necessary paperwork, and then it is transferred to the client - usually within a day.

The accountant/ formation co. then resigns.

Quite normal practice, and it shows that person has set up 1500 companies in the past, so has experience!