House Price Crash Forum
AndyFTB

MSE - "Ridiculous" valuation!

34 minutes ago, AndyFTB said:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5683921

She thinks the house is worth £550k.  He has said £435k (she bought it for £425 a few years ago)

I would say he is doing his job and knows what he is talking about.  Popcorn time...

The MMR rules arecausing some fun.

Basically 4 x household income minus any recurring expense.

As long as theres loads if peopleearning 140k with a100k deposut shell be fine.

1 hour ago, AndyFTB said:

She thinks the house is worth £550k.  He has said £435k (she bought it for £425 a few years ago)

I would say he is doing his job and knows what he is talking about.  Popcorn time...

I would say. 180k...and they're a greedy xxxx

56 minutes ago, spyguy said:

The MMR rules arecausing some fun.

Basically 4 x household income minus any recurring expense.

As long as theres loads if peopleearning 140k with a100k deposut shell be fine.

Blimey just did a Google check on MMR , things have changed, no self cert and the lenders have to check you can afford the loan.

S24 is going to be the least of their worries.

1 minute ago, frederico said:

Blimey just did a Google check on MMR , things have changed, no self cert and the lenders have to check you can afford the loan.

S24 is going to be the least of their worries.

I know.

Verified household income minus any regular expenditure.

Mr + Mrs AboveAverage - Car loan or two (2k/y), holidays (2k), kiddy care (2k), utils (1k), petrol (3k) = - 10k spend.

Him 30k, her 12k = 32k - 10 = 22k x 4 = 90k max mortgage.

Stress tested - basically no more than 4 time household income or 30% of after tax income ~ 6% mortgage cost.

3 minutes ago, spyguy said:

I know.

Verified household income minus any regular expenditure.

Mr + Mrs AboveAverage - Car loan or two (2k/y), holidays (2k), kiddy care (2k), utils (1k), petrol (3k) = - 10k spend.

Him 30k, her 12k = 32k - 10 = 22k x 4 = 90k max mortgage.

Stress tested - basically no more than 4 time household income or 30% of after tax income ~ 6% mortgage cost.

30 + 12 is 42 but I get your point  ;-)

The SVR 3.69% to over 4% is a big difference to a two year 1% rate.....plus the fees and charges to remortgage if able to remortgage...things change, jobs change, circumstances change.....house prices are too high.;)

39 minutes ago, rollover said:

They are reading this forum :)

Welcome dear MSE poster. I hope you find it sobering learning how to do proper maths from us muppets here.

Edited by anonguest

51 minutes ago, rollover said:

They are reading this forum :)

Haha too funny so what do we think it is? 2 bed flat in Tower Hamlets?  1 bed studio in Islington? 2 bed flat in Harrow? 

39 minutes ago, opt_out said:

When did tossers start calling mortgages 'products' ?

After they spent too long f00king about on the daily mail money section, and in mortgage advisors' offices.

Jeezus it's hateful when retards call YOU a retard. This is full emperor's new clothes territory, one flew over the cuckoo's nest. It's madness.

3 hours ago, AndyFTB said:

I recall surveyors being sued and the late noughties for over valuing houses for mortgage purposes? He has his own legal obligations.

45 minutes ago, opt_out said:

When did tossers start calling mortgages 'products' ?

At I guess it would have been about the same time as everyone else. 

Surveyors valueing stuff is useless.

A surveyor can comment o nthe state of the house and say what similar have sold for. Thats it. You dont need a sruveyor with the LR data being open now.

However what the survyor cannot respind to - as they are clueless on finance - is how much credit a household can get. And hat the local job market is going to do in the future.

I know a surveyor whos still banging on about xyz house sold for xxx. However, the local market has dropped off a cliff.

7 hours ago, Si1 said:

After they spent too long f00king about on the daily mail money section, and in mortgage advisors' offices.

Jeezus it's hateful when retards call YOU a retard. This is full emperor's new clothes territory, one flew over the cuckoo's nest. It's madness.

Its just so inconvenient when reality rears its ugly head and you finally wakeup to your world, a fiscal nightmare of your own creation. Tough. 

Sadly those twits people who understand arithmetic and have a social conscience on HPC have decided to flag this post up for ridicule:

Expect a deluge of non-sensical unhelpful posts from these muppets nop posts because we have tried to warn them but they just wont listen

We all know who the real twits are.

Someone really wants to silence our voice.

Also this by the same poster:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5683908

So they can't accept that their capital gains for the last 2.5 years won't cover the move from a £425k property to the £695k cottage they've been "drooling over." The £125k to which they seem so entitled isn't coming any time soon. There have been quite a few below-expected valuations waking sellers up to the new market reality already, this one's at least fortunate not to have it suggest negative equity.

A valuation for mortgage purposes will typically come in about 10% below what is generally considered as "current market value". It's as old as the hills and only tends to be an issue when the market hasn't been rising fast for a while (i.e. equity is a little too tight or non-existant to qualify for the best rates).

Edited by Broken biscuit

55 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

Of course they are reading this forum, behind all the bravado they are sh****g  themselves on a daily basis.

Majority of them are sticking their fingers in their ears, and humming as loud  as they can when anyone  dares to suggest  property might fall in value, they get very aggressive towards websites such as HPC. You have to undestand them a little, when or if property crashes in value then a lot of their lives will  change for a good few decades or even forever, many will even have to get a proper job

I think there's a couple of people from before 2007 that have trolled this place for a long time.  Just when it looked it was "recovering" they're f**ked again so are lashing out.

It's not one person on here's fault that they are f**ked, they dont seem to get it..

if it is the same people from 10 years ago they must be some sort of stupid/selfish/egotistical/mug to be caught twice in the same debt bubble.

Sadly those twits on HPC have decided to flag this post up for ridicule:

Expect a deluge of non-sensical unhelpful posts from these muppets

A rather hostile response right out of the gate, I suspect there must have been some amout of name calling on both sides in previous callouts between these two forums.

I think that on HPC we should all try to be polite and respectful, that way we might win a few more minds around to our way of thinking, particularly now that most of the lunatic /UKIP fringe have all left to 'the other place' in the great exodus a few months back.