House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Interest Rates Are Going Down In Feb

I phoned a mortgage adviser today to find out what mortgage rates are doing at the moment. Well, Interest rates are going down in February as the BoE have all the data they need then to do it. :huh:

I phoned a mortgage adviser today to find out what mortgage rates are doing at the moment. Well, Interest rates are going down in February as the BoE have all the data they need then to do it. :huh:

Was it really worth starting a topic with that?

Edited by Mr_Nice

No not really, but I just get so annoyed with the misleading nonsense coming from these eejits - they really milk any prospect of a rate drop, however distant - just like EAs. What's the best way of stopping these 'advisers' spewing out their nonsense, other than a load of abuse that is. Is there a good legal angle perhaps?

Edited by gruffydd

No not really, but I just get so annoyed with the misleading nonsense coming from these eejits. I knew they really milk any prospect of a rate drop, like EAs. What's the best way of stopping these 'advisers' spewing out their nonsense, other than a load of abuse that is. Is there a good legal angle perhaps?

Fair point. To be honest I have been sucked in enough to the rate cut argument to have left bugga all of my assets in £ss. Thinking that then either way i win.

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. A bit like the theft of private sector pensions blah blah blah...

I am not a defeatist but what can you do other than vote with your own talent and resources?

that IR fall is going to be an almighty shock to the currency market - i'm surprised they haven't realised yet - how short sighted of them!

Cable now 1.7676 down from 1.78.

Cable now 1.7676 down from 1.78.

if you look at the time of the move you will see that's somewhat more to do with the US than with us - any currency rate reflects the balance between the currencies being traded - it just means one is stronger than the other, not that either is particularly weak

Edited by the end is nigh

if you look at the time of the move you will see that's somewhat more to do with the US than with us - any currency rate reflects the balance between the currencies being traded - it just means one is stronger than the other, not that either is particularly weak

Yes. It does seem the USD has gained somewhat against many currencies. I am looking through the myopic lens of the Canadian Dollar, which progresses ever upward with oil. CAD now 2.03 vs GBP.

Guest Riser

What's their number? I wanna place a bet with them. I'll put a grand that they don't go down in Feb!

They may not go down in March but the next move Will be down in the next couple of months, is there a binary bet available?