House Price Crash Forum
Gribble

Guardian reader comment - top recommended

Top recommended reader comment on article 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jul/18/uk-house-prices-rise-5-percent

Dear readers

I know we keep predicting a crash in house prices and I know that month after month, year after year we've got it wrong but please stick with us - one day (god knows when) we have to get it right.

For those that followed our advice and haven't bought a house over the last 20 years becuase we told you the market would crash, we are also sorry ... I mean really, really sorry. We've pretty much screwed up your entire life. You could have pretty much paid off your mortgage by now and made a fortune but, because you listened to us, you are still renting, hate landlords and have no real future.

Thats a bit of a bugger but I'm sure that one day you'll get over it. Just don't tell your kids to listen to us .. that would be silly.

Yours in sorriness

HousePriceCrash

Seems this site is not ignored. Smug Guardian readers. However I love to read their comments re Brexit - love to  see the naive idiots foaming at the mouth. Makes me smile

Dear readers

I know we keep predicting a crash in house prices and I know that month after month, year after year we've got it wrong but please stick with us - one day (god knows when) we have to get it right.

For those that followed our advice and haven't bought a house over the last 20 years becuase we told you the market would crash, we are also sorry ... I mean really, really sorry. We've pretty much screwed up your entire life. You could have pretty much paid off your mortgage by now and made a fortune but, because you listened to us, you are still renting, hate landlords and have no real future.

Thats a bit of a bugger but I'm sure that one day you'll get over it. Just don't tell your kids to listen to us .. that would be silly.

Yours in sorriness

HousePriceCrash

Seems this site is not ignored. Smug Guardian readers. However I love to read their comments re Brexit - love to  see the naive idiots foaming at the mouth. Makes me smile

7 minutes ago, Gribble said:

Dear readers

Yours in sorriness

HousePriceCrash

Despite prices being down in real terms.

There are some f**king stupid people out there.

homepage.png

No wonder bankers, politicians and the establishment rip the **** out of these people.

it seems to me the trolls are back and there's a very good reason for that.....

FEAR

3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Despite prices being down in real terms.

There are some f**king stupid people out there.

where though ?  couple roads away from me just sold for 50% more than 2013 . 

the article is partly true depending where you live .

26 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

I'd say the view stated goes against the grain with most other readers. Hardly comes across well either.

The Guardian readers I know seem pretty happy with house price inflation. Sitting on their house price gains, they are looking elsewhere to tax the shit out of wealth extractors in business.

Who needs business and a stable stock market anyway when your retirement is sorted by a gold plated final salary package courtesy of the taxpayer.

Edited by crashmonitor

Much as I hate to admit it, the commenter is perfectly correct.  House prices have continued to rise far further and longer than most of us on this forum had imagined.  Of course none of us could have predicted the factors propelling the high prices - low interest rates, Help to Buy, mortgage fraud, large scale immigration, low rates of building, etc.  But we've been on the losing side of the bet on house prices, at the moment.

2 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

The Guardian readers I know seem pretty happy with house price inflation. Sitting on their fivefold increase in house prices, they are looking elsewhere to tax the shit out of wealth extractors in business.

Who needs business anyway when your retirement is sorted by a gold plated final salary package courtesy of the taxpayer.

If your a teacher or a public servant you used to trade security for a nice lifestyle but with little in the way of riches.

Property now means that not only do you have this job but its actually useful as its ideal to leverage up and buy the largest house you can afford this gives them a sideline.

Its their extra entirely deserved lest they be poorer than those evil businessmen.

As I have posted before my neighbours are lefty public servants in the main.

They complain about support refugees one minute and smile with delight that their home is worth 500k+.  

They should be delighted as they have won the lottery of life......but no they want more more debt, more tax and never ever must prices fall.

Put a conservative sign in NR2 I dare you Clive Lewis has the easiest job during elections he cold go on holiday.

Is this still a surprise? This is largely the opinion of my family on my decision not to buy when my sister did. It is largely the opinion of my friends too. This is a niche forum I remember the excitement over MMR and what effect it would have. If we actually see nominal house price falls then yes buying could be seen to be wrong. However if as the counts graph shows we see only real house price falls with inflation (including wage inflation) running high but savings low then you might as well have brought with a 10 year fix. Unlike the Count i'm not going to blame the establishment we all made our own decisions not to buy and without going into a Vengeresq post, when we decide not to buy and ignore or fail to understand the political meddling that goes on from politicians and central bankers, that is our fault. People on here say nobody could have predicted what would be tried to prop the market up.

I remeber a conversation (in 2012) with my grandma and mum (sitting in a house brought for 7.5k and just sold for north of 600k). "of course that website housepricecrash is wrong houses never go down not here in the south east perhaps the north but not here we're core conservative vote and where politicians have their houses". followed up by "allign your interests with those in power those with power will always do what's best for them"

Just now, Ballyk said:

Much as I hate to admit it, the commenter is perfectly correct.  House prices have continued to rise far further and longer than most of us on this forum had imagined.  Of course none of us could have predicted the factors propelling the high prices - low interest rates, Help to Buy, mortgage fraud, large scale immigration, low rates of building, etc.  But we've been on the losing side of the bet on house prices, at the moment.

That`s what happens when simple folk try to be clever. me included. 

1 minute ago, Ballyk said:

I felt like a winner until FLS scheme and HTB

Lesson learned you can be winning but the rules can be changed mid game

8 minutes ago, Ballyk said:

From 2013 to 2016.

Before that we had a 20% fall + insane monetary policy.

In real terms most of the country was down 30->50%.

Prices still on average below average inflation.

Take london out the equation and prices are still way down in real terms.

of course these people wont admit what a s**t investment housing is, because when it collapses they are f**ked, well and truly f**ked.

P.S." none of us could have predicted the factors propelling the high prices"  What a f**king isnult to the people on this sight.  Most people could see this coming, as soon as Carney was put in place.  Not everyone wants to be a part of it.

" But we've been on the losing side of the bet on house prices, at the moment."  Speak for yourself.  Stock market. UP, Gold UP.  Savings UP.  Everything UP.  HOusing...DOWN in real terms.

If you can't add up, dont buy a house

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

What is telling that someone is worried enough to discredit us, not seen that for a long while.

It's obviously someone who's here and has been for a long while.

Hopefully it will back fire and actually bring people to the sight out of curiosity.

If anyone's interested, i#ll send them a  link to an online calculator, they're very useful :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

I felt like a winner until FLS scheme and HTB

Lesson learned you can be winning but the rules can be changed mid game

HTB2 has gone.

FLS has gone, replaced with Term Funding, which by all accounts will be going

Low IRs are going ( around the world )

BTL is being hammered

Chinese money is gone.

Angry British people voted for BrExit.

The scared little rat bag posting on the Guardians web site knows only too well, house prices are going through the floor this time.

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

HTB2 has gone.

BTL is being hammered

Chinese money is gone.

The scared little rat bag posting on the Guardians web site knows only too well, house prices are going through the floor this time.

Spot on - good summary

8 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

P.S." none of us could have predicted the factors propelling the high prices"  What a f**king isnult to the people on this sight.  Most people could see this coming, as soon as Carney was put in place.  Not everyone wants to be a part of it.

" But we've been on the losing side of the bet on house prices, at the moment."  Speak for yourself.  Stock market. UP, Gold UP.  Savings UP.  Everything UP.  HOusing...DOWN in real terms.

If you can't add up, dont buy a house

I'm speaking about London.  I wouldn't buy a property at current prices, because the market is so distorted.  I'm sure you are cleverer than the rest of us, and had a crystal ball, and predicted all the market distortion that would happen to prop up prices.  But I certainly didn't.  Those who have done well out of property price increases (and in London they have been massive) have benefited from all these things, but largely by luck, not through work or good judgement.

FYI I have invested in stocks which have way outperformed all markets, including the housing market.  So I am not too gutted.

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone on this 'sight' as you put it.

1 hour ago, Gribble said:

Dear readers

Yours in sorriness

HousePriceCrash

I read some of the other comments....Jesus, people really can't see it despite what happened in 2007.  They are reading the headline prices up 4.7% and not questioning the that the rate of increases is declining, London is declining,  US rates are rising and the world banks are looking to tighten monetary policy.

Nor can they see the bankers have robbed them blind, they think they have got X 100 K tax free cash but all they have is a number given to them by an estate agent that  90% will never profit from.

And they dont seem to be able to put 2 + 2 together to work out the Tories used their money to buy an election and profit the actual rich and the landed gentry.

Jesus wept.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

14 minutes ago, Ballyk said:

I'm speaking about London.  I wouldn't buy a property at current prices, because the market is so distorted.  I'm sure you are cleverer than the rest of us, and had a crystal ball, and predicted all the market distortion that would happen to prop up prices.

Dont be daft.  Most people on here knew Carney joining the BoE was going to be a disastrous.  None of could believe how bad it would get !!!!

But I certainly didn't.  Those who have done well out of property price increases (and in London they have been massive) 

The only people who have benefitted are those that have sold up.

Remember fungus and his wife...he's still not managed to sell by the looks of it.

It's an investment con, a confidence trick, all these mad gains cannot be cashed in for the majority

have benefited from all these things, but largely by luck, not through work or good judgement.

FYI I have invested in stocks which have way outperformed all markets, including the housing market.  So I am not too gutted.

Good.  Leave the idiot's invfesting in pwopatee to their ruin.

Sell your stocks and sit backand watch would be my advice.  This is not advice :lol:

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone on this 'sight' as you put it.

I'm not offended, but some people need to talk a step back sometimes ( me included ).

This magical fountain of wealth is a con/trick/scam/pyarmid/ponzi, we all know it and we all know it is unsustainable, so i've no idea why people are upset about missing out.  

Chances are anything you;d gained in last 3 years would be wiped out and then some.

28 minutes ago, Ballyk said:

Heresy, should have bought a house in Islington and had access to a gold plated public sector pension in later years. Then your conscience would be clear, you could relax with a copy of the Guardian  and you could talk about taxing wealth extractors in business to ensure your salary and pension are financially covered. Oh and that million in unearned equity in your house would be in the clear Comrade.

Edited by crashmonitor

34 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

HTB2 has gone.

BTL is being hammered

Chinese money is gone.

Well said.

That Guardian tosser is sounding desperate....lol.

I predict a riot!!

none of these debates have spoken about buying a house and reselling before the crash though . :rolleyes:

lots of free money has been missed  500k or more just for me