House Price Crash Forum

Open Day....

HOLA441
32 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

Wouldn't an open day be a bit degrading for the average 1.5 mil price bracket buyer, or are they expecting a lot of ftb/investor interest? ;)

Didn't you know todays average 1.5mill buyer drives a clapped out Renault Clio and works at lidl

HOLA442
On 20/07/2017 at 0:53 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:
On 20/07/2017 at 0:51 PM, Wayward said:

desperate attempt to generate mood of hysteria...if they get more than one call you can be sure they will have them visit at the same time...they don't want to space the visits they come to bunch them together...

thing is the technique works when and where there is demand...my mate just sold his house after a one afternoon open day

Might have worked 2 years ago, now....no think so

Wayward is right.

Did a viewing today which was supposed to be an open day but i arrived late so when I got there i sat and waited in car and then when i was sure the groups had left, I then went in to view the property by myself. The agent was telling me already they have 3 offers from todays viewings at asking price :rolleyes:. The seller wanted 144k for house that needs some work doing and also backs onto a railway line. I thanked the agent and left.

Manchester is just getting crazy these days. im seeing 150k for 2 bed terraces!. I blame the Didsbury lot.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48967803.html

needs to crash and crash soon

HOLA443
HOLA444
19 hours ago, frye said:

Wayward is right.

Did a viewing today which was supposed to be an open day but i arrived late so when I got there i sat and waited in car and then when i was sure the groups had left, I then went in to view the property by myself. The agent was telling me already they have 3 offers from todays viewings at asking price :rolleyes:. The seller wanted 144k for house that needs some work doing and also backs onto a railway line. I thanked the agent and left.

Manchester is just getting crazy these days. im seeing 150k for 2 bed terraces!. I blame the Didsbury lot.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48967803.html

needs to crash and crash soon

Parts of manc are stupid.  That road, my ex used to live on that road and I lived around there as a student.  moss side basically, where the old man City ground used to be. Houses were 40k then creeped up to 100k. Now look at those prices.  idiotic

HOLA445
11 hours ago, jfk said:

Parts of manc are stupid.  That road, my ex used to live on that road and I lived around there as a student.  moss side basically, where the old man City ground used to be. Houses were 40k then creeped up to 100k. Now look at those prices.  idiotic

JFK

Yeah I used to live down the same road a couple of years ago and the prices were ludicrous then. I remember it going crazy in 2007 then obviously it changed but not much in 2008 and yet the likes of JP Brimelow etc think they can get these stupid prices. The thing is though, around there and Horton Rd etc there's a lot of rentals so hopefully wont be long until the LLs feel the heat.

HOLA446
59 minutes ago, frye said:

JFK

Yeah I used to live down the same road a couple of years ago and the prices were ludicrous then. I remember it going crazy in 2007 then obviously it changed but not much in 2008 and yet the likes of JP Brimelow etc think they can get these stupid prices. The thing is though, around there and Horton Rd etc there's a lot of rentals so hopefully wont be long until the LLs feel the heat.

^^^ I certainly hope so! You're correct in there are a lot of rentals in those 2 parallel roads. Hopefully with s24 biting we'll see moar of the pain.

HOLA447
On 20/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Here a link to the place for posterity....lets see if its SSTC next friday 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67792112.html

odd that there's no pocture of the garden :ph34r:

Is gone SSTC !!!

....Only kidding, no it hasnt :lol: 

HOLA448

Open days aint what they used to be:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48336147.html

24/07/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: An opportunity to purchase a large family detached house, located in a very popular residential area, close to Tunbridge Wells. The property is presented over two floors and has four/five bedrooms, large reception rooms and a stunning conservatory. Outside, there is a ... detached double garage and t...
  • Price changed: Offers in Region of £775,000 £750,000
13/06/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: OPEN DAY 3RD JUNE!! OIRO: £775,000 - £800,000!! An opportunity to purchase a large family detached house, located in a very popular residential area, close to Tunbridge Wells. The property is presented over two floors and has four/five bedrooms, large reception rooms and a stunning conservatory. Outside, there is a detached... ...  
  • Price changed: Guide Price £800,000 Offers in Region of £775,000  
03/06/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: OPEN DAY 3RD JUNE!! An opportunity to purchase a large family detached house, located in a very popular residential area, close to Tunbridge Wells. The property is presented over two floors and has four/five bedrooms, large reception rooms and a stunning conservatory. Outside, there is a det... detached...  
10/05/2017,
  • Initial entry found. 

HOLA449
On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, Wayward said:

desperate attempt to generate mood of hysteria...if they get more than one call you can be sure they will have them visit at the same time...they don't want to space the visits they come to bunch them together...

thing is the technique works when and where there is demand...my mate just sold his house after a one afternoon open day

They will get a load of their Estate agent mates to pretend to be couples interested in the house too, just to boost the viewing numbers.

HOLA4410
4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Open days aint what they used to be:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48336147.html

24/07/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: An opportunity to purchase a large family detached house, located in a very popular residential area, close to Tunbridge Wells. The property is presented over two floors and has four/five bedrooms, large reception rooms and a stunning conservatory. Outside, there is a ... detached double garage and t...
  • Price changed: Offers in Region of £775,000 £750,000
13/06/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: OPEN DAY 3RD JUNE!! OIRO: £775,000 - £800,000!! An opportunity to purchase a large family detached house, located in a very popular residential area, close to Tunbridge Wells. The property is presented over two floors and has four/five bedrooms, large reception rooms and a stunning conservatory. Outside, there is a detached... ...  
  • Price changed: Guide Price £800,000 Offers in Region of £775,000  
03/06/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: OPEN DAY 3RD JUNE!! An opportunity to purchase a large family detached house, located in a very popular residential area, close to Tunbridge Wells. The property is presented over two floors and has four/five bedrooms, large reception rooms and a stunning conservatory. Outside, there is a det... detached...  
10/05/2017,
  • Initial entry found. 

just unsold at Barnard Marcus auction for Max bid £760K

HOLA4411
19 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

just unsold at Barnard Marcus auction for Max bid £760K

I'd expect the 760K was "off the wall"

P.S. had no0 idea it was going to auction.

Wouldn't a serious buyer go and view it normally and over 500K and work up from there ?

You'd need to be some kind of m ug to buy a normal house at auction

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414