House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvoidDebt

podcast : HPC mention

Podcast at bottom of this article. HPC gets a mention, Russell Quirk no chance of a crash. -40% just gets laughed at (ridiculous). Demand too strong, supply too low. Nothing particularly revelatory but worth listening to the start to see how bullish Russell is. 

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-4702802/House-prices-stall-buyers-struggle-pay-more.html

Edited by AvoidDebt

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/arthurscho103608.html

'All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.' Arthur Schopenhauer

Unashamedly nicked from one of the Phd's on the Uni thread.

16 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

'All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.' Arthur Schopenhauer

Unashamedly nicked from one of the Phd's on the Uni thread.

Who nicked it from Mahatma Gandhi.

Edit: Ooops, it looks like Gandhi nicked it from Schopenhauer :lol:.

Edited by Bruce Banner

48 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Who nicked it from Mahatma Gandhi.

Edit: Ooops, it looks like Gandhi nicked it from Schopenhauer :lol:.

That's ridiculous! hahah!

It makes me angry you would suggest such a thing!

....Oh alright then. t'is true.

1 hour ago, AvoidDebt said:

Podcast at bottom of this article. HPC gets a mention, Russell Quirk no chance of a crash. -40% just gets laughed at (ridiculous). Demand too strong, supply too low. Nothing particularly revelatory but worth listening to the start to see how bullish Russell is. 

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-4702802/House-prices-stall-buyers-struggle-pay-more.html

It's astounding that post 2007 and all that happened then that people wont believe house prices can collapse.

A "recovery" was only made possible by stealing workers/savers money and making the bubble MUCH worse, which will ultimately lead to a much bigger collapse and/or crisis.

These people must either be corrupt, stupid or naive in the extreme.

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

In this case does this mean when land registry shows prices have fallen 40% people will accept as self-evident that prices have fallen 40%?

10 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

In this case does this mean when land registry shows prices have fallen 40% people will accept as self-evident that prices have fallen 40%?

Not sure, No one on here wants to accept they've risen 40% :lol: 

1 hour ago, AvoidDebt said:

Hmm...wonder where I've heard this before, oh wait...

Is 2007 the year in which house prices will finally crash?

Up another 10 per cent - or a market crash? It depends who you ask, says David Prosser

Positive factors for the housing market include the continuing demand for property - from families, as well as immigrants and speculative investors. Interest rates low by historical standards also augur well for prices, as does relatively low unemployment.

On the downside, housing affordability - the cost of property relative to people's incomes - is now at an all-time low, reducing the supply of buyers. Moreover, interest rates are rising and so is unemployment. Big increases in utility bills have reduced the disposable income people need to service mortgage repayments. Record levels of unsecured debt are starting to bite.

So it'll all be ok this time because interest rates aren't going up and unemployment is staying at record lows, right? Awash with disposable cash we are...

21 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Hmm...wonder where I've heard this before, oh wait...

Is 2007 the year in which house prices will finally crash?

Up another 10 per cent - or a market crash? It depends who you ask, says David Prosser

Positive factors for the housing market include the continuing demand for property - from families, as well as immigrants and speculative investors. Interest rates low by historical standards also augur well for prices, as does relatively low unemployment.

On the downside, housing affordability - the cost of property relative to people's incomes - is now at an all-time low, reducing the supply of buyers. Moreover, interest rates are rising and so is unemployment. Big increases in utility bills have reduced the disposable income people need to service mortgage repayments. Record levels of unsecured debt are starting to bite.

So it'll all be ok this time because interest rates aren't going up and unemployment is staying at record lows, right? Awash with disposable cash we are...

:lol:

Sounds like a cut and paste job to me.

People really will never learn till it's too late.

This time IRs are at 0.25% and people are struggling top eat.

There is NO escape this time.

The question is, will a LARGE collapse, destroy the banks, the government or the little people.

I'll let you guess which.

12 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The question is, will a LARGE collapse, destroy the banks, the government or the little people.

Spot on, also from the article:

Barnes argues that while mortgage payments increased after the two base-rate rises in the second half of 2006, wage inflation is rising faster than the cost of everyday living expenses such as food and clothing, boosting disposable incomes.

1 hour ago, Kosmin said:

It means people will accept that house prices can fall 40%.That's where the emotional anchoring is at the minute.

18 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yes,yes,the BoE have managed to turn a recession into a depression.

Although their pension pot is full of linkers so no worries there then.

4 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Yes,yes,the BoE have managed to turn a recession BANKRUPT BANKS AND RICH PEOPLE into a depression BANKRUPT POOR PEOPLE

Although their pension pot is full of linkers so no worries there then.

15 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

It means people will accept that house prices can fall 40%.That's where the emotional anchoring is at the minute.

I think that most sane sensible people will welcome MUCH lower prices.

I think people in debt, up to their necks in levered pwopatee debt will not.

Most normal people I talk either can't believe the prices or think they will plummet.

Who should we suit the majority or the feckless, stupid greedy mugs ?

I remember on here in 2007, there were some very very agry bulls who couldn't quite get their heads around what was happening.

They contended, rightly so at the time, the government would not let prices fall, fall they did though until they managed to put a floor under the prices with some extreme policies.  10 years on and things are now much worse, the prices in 2017 make the 2007 prices look like a bargain ( they were not as the collapse of the financial system can testify to ) and we are now again at peak unaffordability all round the country, but this is with IRs at 0 and the US/EU etc tightening.  

To think prices wont fall is madness in itself, to think the government would want to, or could actually stop prices collapsing this time is folly.

My only question for when the collapse comes is, what will it mean for the masses, will it take a bank ( or building society ) or two down with it, will be seem mass job looses and people turning on the immigrants ( who they will surely blame ).

The people telling us now, like in 2007, that prices wont fall as VI groups up to their necks in it, they dont want prices to collapse because they loose out, it's that simple.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Thing is most banks have been recently stress tested for 40-50% drops and came out fine, how many hard working savers have bought into the 5 year speculative madness and will be stuck for years to come? I'm guessing not that many, we're all still renting, most taking the hit will be BTL/Foreign investors and BOMAD deposit users.

We can handle this reset much better than 07/08, with the Brucie bonus of Brexit being a perfect excuse, and if I'm being told that I need to proactively pay 15-20% of my earnings into a pension scheme then something has to give as I'm up against it as things stand, not exactly where I wanted to be in my thirties.

Edited by Barnsey

58 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

'm up against it as things stand, not exactly where I wanted to be in my thirties.

Know that feeling. The 'best' years of my adult life probably on the wane now. They've been made sh*t by government policy and now it's almost certainly going to get worse.

20 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

Know that feeling. The 'best' years of my adult life probably on the wane now. They've been made sh*t by government policy and now it's almost certainly going to get worse.

some times a quick painless illness is welcomed . 

1 hour ago, Barnsey said:

Thing is most banks have been recently stress tested for 40-50% drops and came out fine, how many hard working savers have bought into the 5 year speculative madness and will be stuck for years to come? I'm guessing not that many, we're all still renting, most taking the hit will be BTL/Foreign investors and BOMAD deposit users.

We can handle this reset much better than 07/08, with the Brucie bonus of Brexit being a perfect excuse, and if I'm being told that I need to proactively pay 15-20% of my earnings into a pension scheme then something has to give as I'm up against it as things stand, not exactly where I wanted to be in my thirties.

I'm not sure they do.

The stress tests aren't really worth much as the scenarios they play with aren't exactly that stressful.

3 hours ago, btd1981 said:

Best years of our lives are our twenties. I spent the whole time getting wasted and trying to get myself killed in some awesome way. Failed, am now old, tired and quite poor.

As I see it the 30s and 40s are for raising the kids and trying to put enough away I can f'off and enjoy myself once they're independent.

The nearest I get to hedonism now was staying up all night for the Brexit results.