House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

The jolly nice FEAR thread

2nd time in as many weeks i've heard the world FEAR associated with pwopatee.

One man's FEAR is another mans JOY

House prices continue to stall with fears a 'fresh slowdown in London could be under way'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/house-prices/house-prices-continue-stall-fears-fresh-slowdown-london-could/

Please, post all your FEAR material here...err, I mean JOY.

Wonder what's the current frequency of words and phrases like mortgage, negative equity, fear and 'its not fair' out there at the moment among the general public's text messages which I'm sure get regularly reviewed by the mobile phone companies. Now those would be interesting trends to hear.

Just wondering whether we should have a mainstream media thread where reports like this can all go and be discussed?

Would be nice to be able to cmpare and contrast different media sources in one place.

Track art

For each a road
For every man a religion
Find everybody and rule
Everything and rumble
Forget everything and remember
For everything a reason
Forgive everybody and remember

For each a road
For every man a religion
Face everybody and rule
Everything and rumble
Forget everything and remember
For everything a reason

F.E.A.R.

Final eternity arouses reactions
Freeing excellence affects reality
Fallen empires are ruling
Find earth and reap

Fantastic expectations
Amazing revelations
Final execution and resurrection
Free expression as revolution
Finding everything and realizing

You got the fear

F.E.A.R. (you got the fear) (fantastic expectations)
F.E.A.R. (you got the fear) (amazing revelations
F.E.A.R. (you got the fear) (finding everything and 
F.E.A.R. (you got the fear) (for everything a reason)
F.E.A.R. (you got the fear)

You got the fear......

1 hour ago, wotsthat said:

Of course you are right, and it is more than obvious that the MSM yet again don't give unbliased news. If there is profit to be made through lies or deception then there are a lot of people in the top 1% who will stop at nothing.

How many miilions of potential interviews are there out there from people who would be over joyed at the prospect of 30% plus falls in property prices, yet we will read only about the poor losers and more so if and prices do fall.

I guess the country will be flooded with overpriced assets... the crunch point is when all the buyers stop creating demand... hence stop acting like fools 

3 hours ago, wotsthat said:

The crunch point came I thought when I was witnessing decent hardworking people working 50 hours plus not able to pay the most basic of bills and essentials.

I naively thought that there was something inherently good about the British system that just would not stand for it, I was wrong. You see so many countries with a sizable rich minority with terrbible povety not yards and yet they continue with their lives without much thought, India being a good example. I thought that the British would never allow that type of thing to happen here, I was wrong again.

India is a top example of this, affluent people living next to grinding poverty and not giving an iota of care about it

Citizens Advice claims tenants in fear of eviction

Two sides to every story: whilst a survey by the Residential Landlords’ Association (RLA) finds that the majority of tenants asked where satisfied with their landlord and their rental accommodation, a recent Citizens Advice survey finds that many low-income tenants still fear retaliatory eviction.

According to a new report issued by Citizens Advice (CA)*, private tenants are reluctant to ask for repairs to their homes, despite the recent introduction of retaliatory eviction legislation introduced in the Deregulation Act 2015, due to their ‘fear of retaliation’

Tenants’ fears about potential retaliatory eviction, or blacklisting and rent increases, are preventing four out of ten private tenants from making complaints to their landlords or requesting repairs, according to the CA report.

The report refers to an ‘entrenched culture of fear’ among private tenants, which they argue, explains why tenants with properties in poor and sometimes unsafe condition are turning to the CA charity for help. landlordzone

Not too long and the tide will turn.

9 hours ago, wotsthat said:

I naively thought that there was something inherently good about the British system that just would not stand for it, I was wrong. You see so many countries with a sizable rich minority with terrbible povety not yards and yet they continue with their lives without much thought, India being a good example. I thought that the British would never allow that type of thing to happen here, I was wrong again.

I've made this point over and over.  People will put up with anything these days.  Ambition died some time ago. With some kind of sleight of hand, ambition has been replaced with simple survival.  Now that's the new goal. 

It's the population that are affected that will cause the change.

Obviously the rich don't care about anyone else, but politicians and media belatedly follow popularity.

I doubt those in Mumbai slums get to vote. In this country, the affected population is just going to get bigger. I imagine that eventually the not so young will realise they've been living in cloud cuckoo land.

Of course the current lot of gravy train passengers will be long gone by then.

2 hours ago, frederico said:

It's the population that are affected that will cause the change.

Obviously the rich don't care about anyone else, but politicians and media belatedly follow popularity.

I doubt those in Mumbai slums get to vote. In this country, the affected population is just going to get bigger. I imagine that eventually the not so young will realise they've been living in cloud cuckoo land.

Of course the current lot of gravy train passengers will be long gone by then.

The Mumbai slums are coming here and they overwhelmingly vote left, so don't expect things to get better.

3 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

I've made this point over and over.  People will put up with anything these days.  Ambition died some time ago. With some kind of sleight of hand, ambition has been replaced with simple survival.  Now that's the new goal. 

....'cause people have clocked onto the fact that only the few 'working hard' will become wealthy.....work and wealth no longer correalate....... assets held, better if can be rented count......who you know where and who you were born to, what school they could pay to put you through.....when there is little hope why be hopeful anything will change any time soon. ;)

15 minutes ago, Locke said:

The Mumbai slums are coming here and they overwhelmingly vote left, so don't expect things to get better.

Hindu society is structured around castes, which people are born into and cannot change / escape. The Untouchable caste at the bottom are expected to be poor and have been taught that this is the natural order of things and will always be the case. Indian society is structured around a religious apartheid that makes the South African version look humane.

Edited by rantnrave