House Price Crash Forum

Poll: Brexit  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What should the UK do?

• Hard brexit
    • Brexit whilst staying in the EEA
    • Stay in the EU IF it can be reformed
    • Stay in the EU "as is"
    • e find some mutually acceptable ground with the EU and so have Brexit that's neither 'hard' or 'soft' and can be suitable to both sides

The only Brexit choice is the 'HARD' one.

Have you had training in defining poll answers from the BBC and the Guardian ?:D

Where is the we find some mutually acceptable ground with the EU and so have Brexit that's neither 'hard' or 'soft' and can be suitable to both sides option ?

That's my choice. Its not there of course so I cant tick a box on this one.

THANKS

Edited by ccc

EU totally reformed for all EU members, new treaty.......putting a stop to full fiscal and monetary union.....reign it in, dampen it down.......separate but together.;)

What about forming a trading bloc with Ireland...can we imagine that as a really really good option..? 

9 minutes ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

Spent a weekend in the lakes and was shocked by the number of poles working there. Stop poles driving down wages, cut benefits and get British people back into work. Hard brexit is the only way.

There's some polish bloke (I assume ) on here telling us we're all racists and evil....whilst living in our country.

This is one missed up country.

Just now, Thorn said:

What about forming a trading bloc with invading Ireland and steal all their potatoes...can we imagine that as a really really good option..? 

They tried that. And got Bono in return. 

22 minutes ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

Spent a weekend in the lakes and was shocked by the number of poles working there. Stop poles driving down wages, cut benefits and get British people back into work. Hard brexit is the only way.

Yeah - we should be the ones picking fruit and working zero hour contracts while living 17 to a room - not them.

See the problem with your statement? This country will still be in fast decline even after the immigrants have all left. Who are you going to blame then? Who does immigration suit? The UK could have had a lot less immigration, it had the control.

Look at who is (supposedly) running the country first and stop falling for the misdirection of blame the elites want you to.

Start thinking about the fecking useless great leaders of the UK being the enemy of the people, and you will be closer to the right target.

32 minutes ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

An area with very little else in the way of local work too.

5 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Yeah - we should be the ones picking fruit and working zero hour contracts while living 17 to a room - not them.

See the problem with your statement? This country will still be in fast decline even after the immigrants have all left. Who are you going to blame then? Who does immigration suit? The UK could have had a lot less immigration, it had the control.

Look at who is (supposedly) running the country first and stop falling for the misdirection of blame the elites want you to.

Start thinking about the fecking useless great leaders of the UK being the enemy of the people, and you will be closer to the right target.

Name a descent UK leader since WW2.

1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Name a descent UK leader since WW2.

Bevan?

BUT I get your point GD. The worry is that they are getting more incompetent and swayed by the 30 coins.

Hopelessly we keep on taking sides, thinking that the next one may be better. Left vs Right is such a waste of time as we always end up in the same place. The UK has had a stream of crappy leaders - I want to know why? Is it just down to a sort of smug complacency? I fear we have a lot further to fall and I have not a clue what to do about it. I think we are a prime target for the 1% to hoover up what's left after Brexit.

8 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Plenty of second homes no doubt...

Almost entire villages (either second or holiday) in some cases. Rather better around the edges of the Lakes (Penrith isn't at all touristy).

2 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Bevan?

BUT I get your point GD. The worry is that they are getting more incompetent and swayed by the 30 coins.

Hopelessly we keep on taking sides, thinking that the next one may be better. Left vs Right is such a waste of time as we always end up in the same place. The UK has had a stream of crappy leaders - I want to know why? Is it just down to a sort of smug complacency? I fear we have a lot further to fall and I have not a clue what to do about it. I think we are a prime target for the 1% to hoover up what's left after Brexit.

Career politicians, with minimal life experiences? How many of Cameron's lot were Etonians?

I can recommend Paxman's book 'the political animal: an anatomy' which breaks them down into the genuine make a difference politicians and the narcissists!

I think the biggest issue is the short termism to politics, there is no long term plan. Leaders seem to be reactive to the media and Twitter. The more we can hand over to independent government bodies the better.

I am voting for Corbyn, not because I agree with all of his politics, but more that he represents a different way.

18 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

2 dimensional thinking.

Migrant labour suppresses local wages. That is a fact. With a rise in labour price, there is more incentive to do the jobs more efficiently, for example better planting/harvesting techniques, or even robot labour.

Suppressed wages also delay technological advance.

Just now, Locke said:

Migrant labour suppresses local wages. That is a fact. With a rise in labour price, there is more incentive to do the jobs more efficiently, for example better planting/harvesting techniques, or even robot labour.

Robot labour - great for jobs that.

We have little production here - so it follows that there are no quality jobs. Is everybody willing to pay another 50% for their tomatoes to subsidise the extra wage boost they need to pay for them?

5 minutes ago, Locke said:

2 dimensional thinking.

Suppressed wages also delay technological advance.

A well made point.

How many strawberries do they grow in Switzerland?

A race to the bottom is the opposite to an ascent to the summit.

Either that or we go Kobe beef and artisan our products.

Edited by GrizzlyDave

2 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Robot labour - great for jobs that.

We have little production here - so it follows that there are no quality jobs. Is everybody willing to pay another 50% for their tomatoes to subsidise the extra wage boost they need to pay for them?

So we need to make the robots, and the software that runs on them.

4 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

areer politicians, with minimal life experiences? How many of Cameron's lot were Etonians?

I can recommend Paxman's book 'the political animal: an anatomy' which breaks them down into the genuine make a difference politicians and the narcissists!

I think the biggest issue is the short termism to politics, there is no long term plan. Leaders seem to be reactive to the media and Twitter. The more we can hand over to independent government bodies the better.

I am voting for Corbyn, not because I agree with all of his politics, but more that he represents a different way.

I agree. I too will vote for Corbyn for the same reason.

But we do need some vision. We need to make real things again. Until then, our tourist industry will have to subsidise our way of life.