House Price Crash Forum
crazypabs

Letting Agent Gone Bust

"A number of landlords including myself have been left in a position where we have tenants in our properties and don’t know how to evict them"

at least they have got their priorities right :)

My heart bleeds :D

A number of landlords including myself have been left in a position where we have tenants in our properties and don’t know how to evict them.

Sounds like a nice fellow - I wonder why he (and his LL mates) are suddenly wanting to evict their tenants.. selling up perhaps?

"The original tenancy agreements have been signed with the letting agent. We also believe that some deposits were protected under a scheme and some were not."

I can't believe these enterprising businessmen and women wouldn't have made sure the deposits of their tenants had been properly protected and the tenants informed within the appropriate time.

Good luck getting the tenants out of your property!

5 minutes ago, SamuearlJackson said:

"The original tenancy agreements have been signed with the letting agent. We also believe that some deposits were protected under a scheme and some were not."

I can't believe these enterprising businessmen and women wouldn't have made sure the deposits of their tenants had been properly protected and the tenants informed within the appropriate time.

Good luck getting the tenants out of your property!

Oh dear!!!

The EA who acts for my landlord has closed one of their two offices...evidently business and volumes so low they can't justify the two offices.  Oh dear.

1 minute ago, satch said:

UK's premier business brains .... don't know how to 'evict' (serve notice would be a better term when discussing a customer) a tennant (sic) and don't know how to check if a deposit has been protected .... and guess what they will not have access to the 'check-in' inventory (whatever that is!!).

is that not primary school stuff  for a LL 

this place "ilford" is where I unfortunately put down roots and it makes me bloody delirious with joy to read this article. Scaudenfraude etc, yes. Allow me a moment to smile compared to the last 15 years. I've said if here on this forum, on fb, twitter and to anybody who will give me the time of day, Ilford will be shown to be mortgage fraud capital of the uk once the dust settles.

Now, who was the agent that went bust? Somebody has my £600 deposit from 2002

Edited by madmax2

23 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

this place "ilford" is where I unfortunately put down roots and it makes me bloody delirious with joy to read this article. Scaudenfraude etc, yes. Allow me a moment to smile compared to the last 15 years. I've said if here on this forum, on fb, twitter and to anybody who will give me the time of day, Ilford will be shown to be mortgage fraud capital of the uk once the dust settles.

Now, who was the agent that went bust? Somebody has my £600 deposit from 2002

I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct.

Anyway is good to have some uplifting news on a Monday.  I like the fact that Letting Agent 'ran off' and the anxiety shown by the caring landlord is amusing.