House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

There has been a slowdown in the rise in house prices in Wales

You couldnt make this s**t up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40570162

"There has been a slowdown in the rise in house prices in Wales, according to the latest index by the Principality Building Society."

Here is that slowed down in "rises" in 1 easy to follow graph.

wales.png

"Its quarterly analysis shows that prices increased by 0.8% or £1,375 in the last year."

They're really trying to polish a turd.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Tom Denman, the Principality's chief financial officer said the housing market tended to adopt a cautious attitude when the future direction of the economy became uncertain.

"We can therefore expect to see further fluctuations in housing sales and prices, as potential purchasers weigh up the pros and cons of making what is one of the largest investment decisions of their lives," he said.

But he added that mortgage rates remained at historic lows and the market was "highly competitive" for those who did choose to buy"

Until the rates rise! More BS from the vested interests. I am getting sick of this. I just want a crash to fair value, then I can buy a house in England where I want to be and get on with my life.

This headline:

"Its quarterly analysis shows that prices increased by 0.8% or £1,375 in the last year."

Coudl equaly read;

"prices increased by 1.0% or  f*ck all since the banking system collapse"

6 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

Tom Denman, the Principality's chief financial officer said the housing market tended to adopt a cautious attitude when the future direction of the economy became uncertain.

"We can therefore expect to see further fluctuations in housing sales and prices, as potential purchasers weigh up the pros and cons of making what is one of the largest investment decisions of their lives," he said.

But he added that mortgage rates remained at historic lows and the market was "highly competitive" for those who did choose to buy"

Until the rates rise! More BS from the vested interests. I am getting sick of this. I just want a crash to fair value, then I can buy a house in England where I want to be and get on with my life.

You need a house to get on with your life ?

Jeese, get a grip, you've been watching too much BBC propaganda.

I love how the only HPI growing areas in Wales are the ones with absolutely no economic activity. English retirees I guess. 

Anyone buying in Cardiff in 2005/6/7 will find that their house is now worth approx 0% more without even accounting for inflation. Amazing when you think of a decade of low rates.

25 minutes ago, afly said:

I love how the only HPI growing areas in Wales are the ones with absolutely no economic activity. English retirees I guess. 

Anyone buying in Cardiff in 2005/6/7 will find that their house is now worth approx 0% more without even accounting for inflation. Amazing when you think of a decade of low rates.

Shocking.

Our futures have been thrown at gettign house prices to the same nominal levels as 2007 so that bank balance sheets say they are solvent.