HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Moaning about prices in office the other day. Someone mentioned that they knew someone who had their house valued, top valuation was 650, so they stuck it on market for 900!! Didn't sell. London obviously. The public know exactly what's happening,  criminal.. 

HOLA4411
44 minutes ago, nome said:

But according to the report it's all just due to ''domestic political uncertainty'' and ''brext''.......  nothing at all to do with unaffordability.

But everything that possibly might be bad or is bad is all down to brexit. The remainers are engaged in a mass brainwashing exercise in the hope that the public will change their minds forcing a second vote, or to ensure that leaving the EU will be a fudge and we stay in the single market etc.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
12 minutes ago, AvoidDebt said:

Moaning about prices in office the other day. Someone mentioned that they knew someone who had their house valued, top valuation was 650, so they stuck it on market for 900!! Didn't sell. London obviously. The public know exactly what's happening,  criminal.. 

No end of people say to me prices are mental, need to come down, sounds like the ar*e has dropped out the market and now the agents need to forces prices down.

See the wales thread I started today, they can double speak all they like but prices there look to have fallen off a cliff edge.

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

What this news tells me is that the UK population are fighting like rats in the sack for what little housing there is. available.

There's plenty of housing available. Trouble is, some people aren't happy owning just their own homes, they need to own other people's homes as well. 

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Could that be because about 30% of houses listed round me are with online agents.

Love the online stuff that's happening. However might be even less control over vendor delusions. My understanding is that they just get given a price slider UI and they can set whatever price they want. It's like putting an uzi in the hands of a monkey. 

Edited by AvoidDebt

HOLA4416

What is important is the ratio between monthly sales and stock. And this figure seems to keep on extending. So stock seems to be less of the problem, but hey I am not the robot expert to say: demand is strong, supply is constrained, HPI forever

HOLA4417
32 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

What this news tells me is that the UK population are fighting like rats in the sack for what little housing there is. available.

Rat's fighting over a bottle of wine.

Once you can explain to me how the rat opens the wine I'll agree.

HOLA4418
30 minutes ago, DrBuyToLeech said:

There's plenty of housing available. Trouble is, some people aren't happy owning just their own homes, they need to own other people's homes as well. 

That's true, though it makes no difference to the housing stock levels who owns the houses as long as they are all occupied. Ie landords vs owner occupier, no difference in the amount of housing available to occupy, just the buying stock is down until the leveraged landlords are forced to sell.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

In Central London the pace of decline in house price inflation continues, with 45% more respondents seeing a decline in prices over the month, while the South East and East Anglia are showing a flatter trend.

That's all you need to know.

45% of what previous figure though?

HOLA4420
10 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

That's true, though it makes no difference to the housing stock levels who owns the houses as long as they are all occupied. Ie landords vs owner occupier, no difference in the amount of housing available to occupy, just the buying stock is down until the leveraged landlords are forced to sell.

It makes a big difference to the prices of that stock though since the borrowing conditions to buy someone elses house are much more favourable that when buying your own.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4421
49 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

If government policy a few years ago was to put heavy tarrifs on all worldwide food imports and then get their farming land Gentry friends to impose restrictions on the food produced in the UK we would today be looking on a protest website caled Foodpricecrash.com arguing with greedy immoral people who would justify  pricing a loaf of bread at £15 because that's what people were will to pay for it and nothing to do with the fact that they must eat.

yes I agree...interesting parallels with the Corn Laws in the 19th century...I expect in the future the current housing 'crisis' will be viewed in much the same way as we view the Corn Laws now...

HOLA4422

meanwhile at Deloitte and in Board rooms...

"The quarterly survey of CFOs by Deloitte reveals growing gloom in business about the economic outlook. Hiring and discretionary spend were down in Q2, but still remain above levels experienced immediately following the Referendum vote. The top risks perceived by CFOs were: Brexit, weak demand and tightening monetary conditions. Fourth on the list was ‘a bubble in the housing and or other real / financial markets’ which about half of CFOs considered a threat to business."

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/finance/articles/deloitte-cfo-survey.html

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Another RICS surveyor comment:

"The behaviour of the politicians and the media has been deplorable and
is destabilising the whole economy. The trouble is that
the government appear to be puppets of the civil servants who have little commercial acumen"

Too funny ?