Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Guest

R.I.C.S sentiment plummets

Recommended Posts

But according to the report it's all just due to ''domestic political uncertainty'' and ''brext''.......  nothing at all to do with unaffordability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowest stock in history. Apparently.

Could that be because about 30% of houses listed round me are with online agents.

Bit like lowest sale of horse whips ever..

The industry has moved on; bricks EAs ahave lost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mine the wheatfield said:

The bottom is falling out of Estate Agents.

Thatll make the progression to cheap rent boy easier then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moaning about prices in office the other day. Someone mentioned that they knew someone who had their house valued, top valuation was 650, so they stuck it on market for 900!! Didn't sell. London obviously. The public know exactly what's happening,  criminal.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nome said:

But according to the report it's all just due to ''domestic political uncertainty'' and ''brext''.......  nothing at all to do with unaffordability.

But everything that possibly might be bad or is bad is all down to brexit. The remainers are engaged in a mass brainwashing exercise in the hope that the public will change their minds forcing a second vote, or to ensure that leaving the EU will be a fudge and we stay in the single market etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Central London the pace of decline in house price inflation continues, with 45% more respondents seeing a decline in prices over the month, while the South East and East Anglia are showing a flatter trend.


That's all you need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AvoidDebt said:

Moaning about prices in office the other day. Someone mentioned that they knew someone who had their house valued, top valuation was 650, so they stuck it on market for 900!! Didn't sell. London obviously. The public know exactly what's happening,  criminal.. 

No end of people say to me prices are mental, need to come down, sounds like the ar*e has dropped out the market and now the agents need to forces prices down.

 

See the wales thread I started today, they can double speak all they like but prices there look to have fallen off a cliff edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

What this news tells me is that the UK population are fighting like rats in the sack for what little housing there is. available.

There's plenty of housing available. Trouble is, some people aren't happy owning just their own homes, they need to own other people's homes as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Could that be because about 30% of houses listed round me are with online agents.

Love the online stuff that's happening. However might be even less control over vendor delusions. My understanding is that they just get given a price slider UI and they can set whatever price they want. It's like putting an uzi in the hands of a monkey. 

Edited by AvoidDebt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is important is the ratio between monthly sales and stock. And this figure seems to keep on extending. So stock seems to be less of the problem, but hey I am not the robot expert to say: demand is strong, supply is constrained, HPI forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

What this news tells me is that the UK population are fighting like rats in the sack for what little housing there is. available.

Rat's fighting over a bottle of wine.

Once you can explain to me how the rat opens the wine I'll agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DrBuyToLeech said:

There's plenty of housing available. Trouble is, some people aren't happy owning just their own homes, they need to own other people's homes as well. 

That's true, though it makes no difference to the housing stock levels who owns the houses as long as they are all occupied. Ie landords vs owner occupier, no difference in the amount of housing available to occupy, just the buying stock is down until the leveraged landlords are forced to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

In Central London the pace of decline in house price inflation continues, with 45% more respondents seeing a decline in prices over the month, while the South East and East Anglia are showing a flatter trend.


That's all you need to know.

45% of what previous figure though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

That's true, though it makes no difference to the housing stock levels who owns the houses as long as they are all occupied. Ie landords vs owner occupier, no difference in the amount of housing available to occupy, just the buying stock is down until the leveraged landlords are forced to sell.

It makes a big difference to the prices of that stock though since the borrowing conditions to buy someone elses house are much more favourable that when buying your own.

Edited by goldbug9999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

What this news tells me is that the UK population are fighting like rats in the sack for what little housing there is. available.

If government policy a few years ago was to put heavy tarrifs on all worldwide food imports and then get their farming land Gentry friends to impose restrictions on the food produced in the UK we would today be looking on a protest website caled Foodpricecrash.com arguing with greedy immoral people who would justify  pricing a loaf of bread at £15 because that's what people were will to pay for it and nothing to do with the fact that they must eat.

yes I agree...interesting parallels with the Corn Laws in the 19th century...I expect in the future the current housing 'crisis' will be viewed in much the same way as we view the Corn Laws now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile at Deloitte and in Board rooms...

 

"The quarterly survey of CFOs by Deloitte reveals growing gloom in business about the economic outlook. Hiring and discretionary spend were down in Q2, but still remain above levels experienced immediately following the Referendum vote. The top risks perceived by CFOs were: Brexit, weak demand and tightening monetary conditions. Fourth on the list was ‘a bubble in the housing and or other real / financial markets’ which about half of CFOs considered a threat to business."

 

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/finance/articles/deloitte-cfo-survey.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RICS surveyor comment:

"A fragmented populace increases uncertainty although we continue to "carry on" until the economy falters further on softer retails sales and unemployment rising. Fall throughs high"

 

Haha love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another RICS surveyor comment:

"The behaviour of the politicians and the media has been deplorable and
is destabilising the whole economy. The trouble is that
the government appear to be puppets of the civil servants who have little commercial acumen"

Too funny ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   26 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.