House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midlifemum

It's the estate agents fault innit

My friend has recently met a new partner and they are both selling properties (a 2 bed flat and a house) to buy a new one together. 

I spoke to friend at weekend and they are so outraged by useless estate agents and lack of viewings (in 2 seperate towns) that they are both changing agents. 

The expectation was that both properties would fly off the market with huge profits immediately. Never in their wildest imagination did they expect hardly any viewings/ interest. 

Now, estate agents could be at fault here but it seems a massive coincidence that this is the case in 2 seperate towns. 

The flat is in a well known south coast property bubble area which makes it even more interesting. 

Delusional pricing and EA incompetence aren't mutually exclusive though. We looked at a place last winter that was idiotically over-priced (they had their first viewing after reducing it) but the EA was hopeless. We traded offers back and forth via the EA for 3 weeks, only to stop getting replies suddenly. I went round to see what was up to find someone else living there.

While we were negotiating with one EA, another EA in the same office had let it out without telling us or their colleague.....