House Price Crash Forum

Are we there yet ?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Are we there yet ?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Greg Bowman said:

so in a field of 2 you say yes and I say no needs other opinions...;)

So, not started then.  Select No.  I cam PM you instructions on polls if needed.

This will be among the cheapest properties within the London area, even if it's just a tiny bit outside London's boundaries. 

Two hundred and sixty-five thousand pounds for a 1 bed, third floor flat in Dartford http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60800173.html Added on Friday.

So, no, we're not there yet. Not even close when you look at actual prices versus actual salaries.

But the signs of a storm are gathering. 

Edited by Tempus

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

So, not started then.  Select No.  I cam PM you instructions on polls if needed.

Ha Ha I did vote no didn't I ?

Not yet for me, still seeing peak prices.

Post Brexit vote props (interest rate drop and term funding) inflated the market even more.

I can see it coming though.  London rippling out, BTL changes and a few props removing (interest rate rises) should do it.

No we are not, just need a few more months and an event to really pop it. 

For the moment people are holding their breath.

But if we don't have a stock market in bear market / a major geopolitical incident (North Korea?) / The Chinese market finally letting its bubble burst / or whatever else that may triggers it; no it has not started.

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Except in large parts of London....which says started to me.

I am not looking there but have heard it is so, started around Hertfordshire and North London about 2 thirds of listings reduced or with a new agent suggesting price reduction. Just feel it needs to be a little more baked in

Anecdote from Spain.

Was sat in the sun listening to some bloke ( hair dresser I guessed FWIW ) , early 50s, talking to 2 couples and was swaying something like, "my mate is sat on a  house valued at £750K with a £250K mortgage, I told him to sell up and move to Scotland or Spain before it all goes tits up and the bubble collapses".

Anecdote I know, but I couldnt help smile.

The word is out.

We have arrived at the final destination.

We're definitely on the way - all strapped in the back seat, suitcases and swimwear in the boot, dad's put the soft-rock on the casette player and we're pulling out of the drive.. but we've got a fair journey yet until we reach our destination :P

1 minute ago, ftb_fml said:

We're definitely on the way - all strapped in the back seat, suitcases and swimwear in the boot, dad's put the soft-rock on the casette player and we're pulling out of the drive.. but we've got a fair journey yet until we reach our destination :P

That was 2007 :) We've spent 10 years on the outer ring road :P

6 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Love the analogy and image although in my case being older, dad would of banged on Elvis or Sinatra :P 

Edited by Greg Bowman

9 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Well done, 10/10, that's exactly what I meant.

We've been in that case for a long time asking are we there yet....we can see the turn off and we're ready to have a rare old time....

I think this is 2007 and the big falls will start to happen at the end of the year into 2008

I hate to admit it but 'brink' is a pretty good word, we are on the brink. 3-6 more months before we are off to the races 

so 'no' but if you had more options I think you would see a more positive result 

To quote some black and white bloke from the olden days...   ''Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning''

Smells like fear out there. It's game on. 

1 minute ago, nome said:

To quote some black and white bloke from the olden days...   ''Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning''

B)

Just now, Thorn said:

Smells like fear out there. It's game on. 

See my HOUSE PRICE PLUNGE thread.

The MSM just donty print headlines like this. 

Does beg the question, do they drive the agenda or does the agenda drive them.

well they get orders nt to print details like the real no of grenfell dead, stands to reason they are forced to run certain narratives aswel. 

perhaps cobra is still managing the shite show of the financial crisis, which we all know never went away