House Price Crash Forum

The F word - Upcoming major speech from Theresa May.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
20 minutes ago, doomed said:

Fair hahaha.

How can politicians use this word when their whole remit is stealing from one group to give to another?  Fair?

Exactly.They exist to tax the middle class to death (and the working working class) and funnel that tax through benefit claims to themselves.The benefit claims get an easy free life and the blame,but the rentiers end up with the free money and put it into assets.Nothing has ever changed.

HOLA446

"Fair" is a meaningless word as it means different things to different people. When a politician uses it my default reaction is to assume it won't tally with my idea of fair.

I've got a cake and need to share it fairly between 4 people. How should I divide the cake up? (Don't answer, I was just trying to highlight the problem.)

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, durhamborn said:

Exactly.They exist to tax the middle class to death (and the working working class) and funnel that tax through benefit claims to themselves.The benefit claims get an easy free life and the blame,but the rentiers end up with the free money and put it into assets.Nothing has ever changed.

This. Then who can we vote for when one side is there to extract the wealth from the middle class and the other is there to hand out more which in turn gets sucked right back up. 

Im genuinely shocked when people think that Britain (and probably every western country) doesn't have a serious problem. 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Money Frugality said:

This. Then who can we vote for when one side is there to extract the wealth from the middle class and the other is there to hand out more which in turn gets sucked right back up. 

Im genuinely shocked when people think that Britain (and probably every western country) doesn't have a serious problem. 

I dont care who is in too be honest,i work 6 hours a week to earn the tax allowance and dont do a minute more.Have done since i was 39.My partner has now done the same,very skilled nurse,but now works around 16 hours for the tax allowance.Im around to help my elderly parents and my kids with babysitting for free.My daughter,another highly trained nurse is whacking her mortgage off and will also go part time about 29 years old.Why bother doing more than the minimum?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
7 hours ago, wotsthat said:

... I think the electorate are far more savy than the politicians give them credit, they just don't get taken in by repetive brainwashing anymore. I am convinced todays politicians are still using the version 1 from Victorian Britain the manual "how to brainwash the thick electorate".

Hmm, Maybot says 'Strong n Stable, Strong n Stable.' :huh: more than half still voted Tory, job done.