Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
wsn03

The signs of something

Recommended Posts

What signs are you getting that things are changing? Signs that point to the market getting into real trouble.

In the last month for West Midlands I've had:

  • 2 different tenants telling me their landlords are selling up, asking if I know of a good rental? One has been in that house for 20 years.
  • Friend of mine in Finance, was about to become the last BTL, telling me the market is tanking, heading for a serious problem
  • Guy in the office trying to sell and failing to get anything but shockingly poor offers, telling me the Estate Agents cannot believe what's going on
  • My "houses will rise for ever" mate telling me on the phone this morning nothings been selling for the last 3 months
Edited by wsn03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me its always been sentiment. In the last week its really changed. The media is being more bearish, and alot more people talking about a crash thats comming... i really do think its going to happen by year end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkey said:

For me its always been sentiment. In the last week its really changed. The media is being more bearish, and alot more people talking about a crash thats comming... i really do think its going to happen by year end

Its what drives any market. All the "experts" and analysts can talk all the sheeeite they like, what drives the price of things is largely sentiment - how confident, keen, stupid a person is has a great impact on the sale price of the goods they're going to buy.

Ex wife - bought something if it was the most expensive

Current wife - buys something only when it is at its most discounted

 

Incidentally one is in loads of debt, the other has loads of savings. One bought at the top of the market in 2008 just before the credit crunch, the other refuses to buy now citing multiples of income, debt levels and value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2017 at 9:51 AM, wsn03 said:

What signs are you getting that things are changing? Signs that point to the market getting into real trouble.

In the last month for West Midlands I've had:

  • 2 different tenants telling me their landlords are selling up, asking if I know of a good rental? One has been in that house for 20 years.
  • Friend of mine in Finance, was about to become the last BTL, telling me the market is tanking, heading for a serious problem
  • Guy in the office trying to sell and failing to get anything but shockingly poor offers, telling me the Estate Agents cannot believe what's going on
  • My "houses will rise for ever" mate telling me on the phone this morning nothings been selling for the last 3 months

Hearing similar in Belfast. One local owner giving up trying to sell and deciding to 'rent it out, innit', another friend evicted at 4 weeks notice so his landlord could move in having sold his other place he was living in. Sentiment is bearish for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, Thorn said:

Hearing similar in Belfast. One local owner giving up trying to sell and deciding to 'rent it out, innit', another friend evicted at 4 weeks notice so his landlord could move in having sold his other place he was living in. Sentiment is bearish for sure. 

sounds like a tax avoidance move to me. Change your main residential to reduce capital gains!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, juvenal said:

More reduced houses in the local BH15 patch I watch than at any time in the last two years.

My favourite in the Belfast area recently has been spotting that some local SOLD signs have the tiniest Subject to Contract lettering printed down low on them that you can possibly fit too. Like they're whispering to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2017 at 2:24 PM, wsn03 said:

Its what drives any market. All the "experts" and analysts can talk all the sheeeite they like, what drives the price of things is largely sentiment - how confident, keen, stupid a person is has a great impact on the sale price of the goods they're going to buy.

Ex wife - bought something if it was the most expensive

Current wife - buys something only when it is at its most discounted

 

Incidentally one is in loads of debt, the other has loads of savings. One bought at the top of the market in 2008 just before the credit crunch, the other refuses to buy now citing multiples of income, debt levels and value. 

Pics or stfu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, thewig said:

Pics or stfu

Ha ha ha !

The former is a bit worn out. The latter is a newer model, very low mileage, and a much better shape / fit, one that exceeds all of my expectations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   32 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.