House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Halifax June 17: MINUS 1%

I am beginning to see a trend here, I wonder how many folks are sweating over their cornflakes this morning...what a beautiful sight.

4 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Halifax figures for 2017:

Jan -1.1%
Feb 0.0%
Mar 0.0%
Apr 0.0%
May +0.3%
Jun -1.0%

1 minute ago, rantnrave said:

Front page news on BBC website:

UK House Prices Fall Further in June

Nice headline

2nd most read story on the site at the mo. The news must be hard to swallow, but I doubt it will beat the top story...

Strange how the Nationwide and Halifax MoM figures can be so different. They do appear to be converging to the same YoY figures though (they looked very different last year).

1 minute ago, Mine the wheatfield said:

Not suggesting the books are cooked, but wonder how good the real figures are.

You would suggest that these figures are manipulated? Shocking accusation :rolleyes:

If this is what they are actually releasing to the proles then the *real* ones must be far, far worse than they would like to admit.

14 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

2nd most read story on the site at the mo. The news must be hard to swallow, but I doubt it will beat the top story...

Haha, nice reference to top post ;-)

Edited by Adrian Allen

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherProle said:

You would suggest that these figures are manipulated? Shocking accusation :rolleyes:

If this is what they are actually releasing to the proles then the *real* ones must be far, far worse than they would like to admit.

Well there's always the seasonal adjustment.

Although presumably the seasonal adjustment would mean that prices have not increased as much as expected for the time of year?

Still, good headlines for sentiment, and hopefully will contribute to wiping the smug righteousness away from the attitudes of some of the housetards I know.

32 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

Although presumably the seasonal adjustment would mean that prices have not increased as much as expected for the time of year?

Still, good headlines for sentiment, and hopefully will contribute to wiping the smug righteousness away from the attitudes of some of the housetards I know.

If prices normally rise at a certain time of year but over the year there's no change the seasonal adjustment will be to reduce prices at the time, so could report a negative if they've just not rised as much as expected for the season. Still good news though.

4 minutes ago, Gribble said:

https://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php?day=today

Not just that: today's figures on goods trade balance, construction output, industrial production, manufacturing production are dire also - all less than expected.

Quadruple whammy on top of Halifax data. UK totally screwed

Meanwhile, over at the Bank, the lights are on but there's no-one home.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-21/boe-offers-upbeat-economic-view-as-officials-split-on-outlook

Just now, zugzwang said:

Good post ZZ. All part of the same bankster muppet group who never saw the crash coming when the man in the street could tell you it was inevitable.  Everybody borrowing, house prices going through the roof, nobody saving. Under natural conditions IRs would have shot up (supply/demand of loanable funds) but IR kept artificially low. Keep a system away from its natural state is like stretching a rubber band - one day it will ping back and cause pain. So called City talent - thinks idiots

3 minutes ago, rollover said:

Just return back from shopping and saw local estate agent not in mood, looking down. And I wonder why?

I wonder why too. He / she can show this report to their vendors and get them to reduce their ridiculous over-inflated asking prices. Who knows, that might even lead to an extra sale or two and some commission.