House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Patience for the Tories

Nope.

Sadly its all down to Brown, turning them into serfs to pay for his massive credit bubble.

Should have let the bubble fall in 2010 but, oh no, Gidiot, knew better.

I think labour won every voting age under 50. Tories have to crash house prices or be unelectable for the next 20 years.
And they need to act fast before another election is forced. 

6 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

I think labour won every voting age under 50. Tories have to crash house prices or be unelectable for the next 20 years.
And they need to act fast before another election is forced. 

I think it's too late. 2 terms in govt is enough opportunity to show they have a sh#t.

There's nothing conservative about the Tories.

I actually look forward to Corbyn becoming prime minister.

This country needs an economic, political and social reset in an unprecedented scale.  Electing a Marxist terrorist sympathiser will do that and then some.

Creative destruction.

I'm depressingly over 30 and have no patience for them, nor British politics as a whole tbh as they're nearly all in it for themselves first and formost; it's only the degree of exploitation and self-entitelment that varies somewhat. 

The single, fundamental core value at the heart of Tory policy appears to be to funnel absolutely as much wealth and power to the 1% as possible; just as it's always been.

This government attempts to do the bare minimum to fulfil its obligations in holding office (to serve the best interests of the country as a whole); attempting to maintain a facade of decency and servitude while absolutely robbing us blind. Any decision that's made seemingly for the greater good (potential backtracking on public sector pay, BTL taxation etc) is only for the sake of their image and retain their grip on power. 

Through media manipulation, deceit and spin they're masters at selling ideas to the masses as being for the greater good, while in reality said ideas are only to serve the interests of the few at the expense of the many. HTB is a great example - sold as helping those who can't afford to purchase a home, when really it was a way of funding developers and keeping house prices artificially high at the expense of those it was allegedly helping.

While the sun shines and people prosper / are comfortable this merciless and unrelenting greed and exploitation can largely be swept under the carpet. During times like these however, when the fallout from years of such policy comes home to roost and the masses really start to feel the pinch, we find them waking up, mobilising and engaging politicially. 

I sincerely hope that we see the Tories out at the next available opportunity, since we all know that what they give with one hand now in an effort to retain power, they'll snatch away at the first available opportunity in future, if we give them the chance.

4 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Voting demographics was always the last resort to bring about HPC. It's a massive tragedy that economic sense wasn't enough to prevail.

A good point.  Now the Tories are on the back foot they finally concede that their might be a 'problem with housing' in this country.  There is no shortage of land in the UK, its just the way we decide to use it.  The politicians, our elected representatives, make the rules and they can change them.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Should have let the bubble fall in 2010 but, oh no, Gidiot, knew better.

Didn't Merv King say Gidiot and co were the politicians most focused on doing anything to get re-elected that he had ever worked with?

I'm 37 and look at the Tory party and laugh at how bad they actually are.

May is a total disaster as a leader and is miles out of touch with most of the public, as is the Tory party in general.

They look ridiculous trying to run a country with 10 DUP wooden tops by their side.

I think we'll get another general election before the year is out.

17 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Voting demographics was always the last resort to bring about HPC. It's a massive tragedy that economic sense wasn't enough to prevail.

+One million

3 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Financial repression (austerity) targeted on the young was the rentiers last hope of clinging on to their ill-gotten bubble gains. The task for young people now is to complete the unfinished revolution of the 19th century and sweep away the surviving iniquities of post-feudal land grabbing, the seizure of the Commons, and monopoly capitalism. A monumental challenge when one considers the extent to which global capitalism and the internet are now entrenched in all our lives.

Financial repression (austerity) targeted on the young was the rentiers last hope of clinging on to their ill-gotten bubble gains.

This country has turned into a total disgrace.  How did anyone think that keeping young people (or anyone born since 1975) in poverty was the best way to run a country?  Why would they work for you if the basics can't be provided on an average salary?

If every young person just said that they refuse to work for the country then the game is up.

Social and economic collapse will follow.  Then we will see who the fittest are.

Osborne sniping from the sidelines just shows it's all just a game for him, just as Brown showed with his "ignorant woman" comment 7 years ago.

Someone in their twenties without inherited wealth is very unlikely to vote Tory now, simply based on any measure of self interest. How Tory HQ missed this baffles me.

The Tories are infuriating. Just look at that silly woman and her ridiculous comment about "n---ers in the woodpile" just shows you how out of touch many of the boomer Tories are. Theresa May is an absolute disaster. They had the opportunity to change the country radically after 2010 but decided to be nuLabour #2 and continue Blair's HPI policies. They have been absolutely awful and deserve to be trounced at the next election.  

I wonder how long it will take the conservatives to notice.

I have noticed even in Tory heartlands like Oxfordshire and Sussex etc folks under a certain age have no love for them at all and it's not all HPI driven either.

I suspect their last election balls up will be put down to a bad campaign and manifesto but ignore the elephant in the room of demographics.

All 3 of the main UK parties have now experienced firsthand what happens when you ignore the young. The LibDems lost almost all of their MPs, the Labour 'moderates' lost control of their party and the Conservatives lost their majority.

On 7/7/2017 at 8:29 AM, rantnrave said:

It probably came down to being as simple as they had an opportunity to give their main pals the bankers plenty of free bailout money to keep them on the gravy train and also to guarantee the annual banker bonuses for failure and that would be in exchange for cushy well paid sinecure jobs either while MPs and Ministers or after their stint in Parliament.  

I mean to say how many lucrative jobs does Osborne have now including being the Standard's editor - something like 6 at the last count. 

Well, the young are supposed to turn into old Tories...

... but that's not going to happen if the precariat young become precariat old.  Why would they?  Huge swathes of the population are excluded from economic success.

The only problem is that Labour aren't going to fix anything either, and indeed directly caused many of the problems in modern society in the first place. 

The Tories just aren't radical enough.