House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lostinessex

Housing Heading for a Crash

Saw this opinion peice in the i newspaper this morning - all anecdotal but a more evidence of a growing belief in media circles at least that a correction is coming.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/sport/football/football-opinion/house-prices-heading-huge-crash-might-not-bad-thing/

That said, for all these increasingly gloomy media stories I don't see any awareness or concern amongst the general public - a few young fist time buyers I know merrily buying eye-wateringly expensive properties with no consideration that it might be a risky time.

Oh and one interesting thing about this article is how the headline changes between the online and newsprint versions - they're almost 180 degree different!

This is the headline for the article in the i newspaper:

'Property crash is not the answer'

But the exact same article online has the headline:

'House prices are heading for a huge crash – and that might not be such a bad thing'

So same article but one headline makes the crash sound positive and the other like a bad thing.

So same article but one headline makes the crash sound positive and the other like a bad thing.

Newspapers don't tell us the news - they feed us narratives.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

1 hour ago, lostinessex said:

Saw this opinion peice in the i newspaper this morning - all anecdotal but a more evidence of a growing belief in media circles at least that a correction is coming.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/sport/football/football-opinion/house-prices-heading-huge-crash-might-not-bad-thing/

That said, for all these increasingly gloomy media stories I don't see any awareness or concern amongst the general public - a few young fist time buyers I know merrily buying eye-wateringly expensive properties with no consideration that it might be a risky time.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. 

On 7/3/2017 at 9:12 AM, lostinessex said:

Oh and one interesting thing about this article is how the headline changes between the online and newsprint versions - they're almost 180 degree different!

This is the headline for the article in the i newspaper:

'Property crash is not the answer'

But the exact same article online has the headline:

'House prices are heading for a huge crash – and that might not be such a bad thing'

You need to ask yourself what demographic reads the paper version and what one reads the online one