House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Blaze rips through roof of million-pound London flats

Arson? Deliberate attack on empty luxury newbuilds?? Summer of discontent coming up???

A blaze has ripped through a block of new million-pound apartments near London's Victoria Park today.

The fourth floor and attic roof at trendy Bow Wharf have been incinerated as the fire raged through the five-storey block today.

The cause of the fire is still unknown at this stage, yet a picture shows solar panels on fire at the waterside development, where homes are on sale for more than £1million.

One shocked witness told the MailOnline: "I noticed massive billows of smoke when I was leaving my flat so I quickly rushed back and noticed it was the building opposite.

"The spread seemed concentrated around the solar panels on the top. It looked a bit like the solar panels were on fire."

At least 75% of the roof has been destroyed, while eighty fire fighters desperately try to dampen the blaze.

Mile End park and a number of roads surrounding the development in Mace Street had to be evacuated after the fire broke out at around 11am this morning.

The last five units - ranging between £999,950 and £1,025,000 - were recently launched to buyers.

The entire development comprises of 24 units in total, including 5 houses and 19 apartments all of which will be finished to a high standard throughout. Ten of the homes will be affordable.

Construction and development firm Rooff Limited and H20Urban are joint venture partners and contractors on the half acre site at the junction of the Regents and Hereford Union canals.

Works started late 2015 and were due to be completed this summer.

A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: "Twelve fire engines and around 80 firefighters and officers have been called to a fire at a building under construction on Bow Wharf, Wennington Road E3.

"The fourth floor and roof of the five storey residential block are alight.

"The Brigade was called at 1110. Crews from Bethnal Green, Homerton, Shadwell, Shoreditch, Whitechapel, Poplar, Millwall and other surrounding fire stations are at the scene.

"The cause of the fire is not known at this stage."

H20Urban has been contacted for comment.

isement

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/blaze-rips-through-roof-of-million-pound-london-flats-as-picture-shows-solar-panels-on-fire/ar-BBDzAxy?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp

Who knows, but weren't some rioters protesting about someone dying in custody (subsequently said to have died after swallowing a balloon of drugs) burning all the bins in a neighborhood recently?

Maybe could be seen as trying to get attention Grenfell style?

Either way, you would be mental to spend £1 million on a flat in that area!

Edited by reddog

31 minutes ago, reddog said:

Who knows, but weren't some rioters protesting about someone dying in custody (subsequently said to have died after swallowing a balloon of drugs) burning all the bins in a neighborhood recently?

Maybe could be seen as trying to get attention Grenfell style?

Either way, you would be mental to spend £1 million on a flat in that area!

Not me... I'm laughing at the possibility of a sub-prime flat credit defaults... to mirror the car loan fiasco ?

1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

The last five units - ranging between £999,950 and £1,025,000 - were recently launched to buyers.

Aaar, it be pirates!

pirate-hernry-morgan.jpg?quality=85

Edited by DrBuyToLeech

1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

Arson? Deliberate attack on empty luxury newbuilds?? Summer of discontent coming up???

A blaze has ripped through a block of new million-pound apartments near London's Victoria Park today.

The fourth floor and attic roof at trendy Bow Wharf have been incinerated as the fire raged through the five-storey block today.

The cause of the fire is still unknown at this stage, yet a picture shows solar panels on fire at the waterside development, where homes are on sale for more than £1million.

One shocked witness told the MailOnline: "I noticed massive billows of smoke when I was leaving my flat so I quickly rushed back and noticed it was the building opposite.

"The spread seemed concentrated around the solar panels on the top. It looked a bit like the solar panels were on fire."

At least 75% of the roof has been destroyed, while eighty fire fighters desperately try to dampen the blaze.

Mile End park and a number of roads surrounding the development in Mace Street had to be evacuated after the fire broke out at around 11am this morning.

The entire development comprises of 24 units in total, including 5 houses and 19 apartments all of which will be finished to a high standard throughout. Ten of the homes will be affordable.

Construction and development firm Rooff Limited and H20Urban are joint venture partners and contractors on the half acre site at the junction of the Regents and Hereford Union canals.

Works started late 2015 and were due to be completed this summer.

A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: "Twelve fire engines and around 80 firefighters and officers have been called to a fire at a building under construction on Bow Wharf, Wennington Road E3.

"The fourth floor and roof of the five storey residential block are alight.

"The Brigade was called at 1110. Crews from Bethnal Green, Homerton, Shadwell, Shoreditch, Whitechapel, Poplar, Millwall and other surrounding fire stations are at the scene.

"The cause of the fire is not known at this stage."

H20Urban has been contacted for comment.

isement

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/blaze-rips-through-roof-of-million-pound-london-flats-as-picture-shows-solar-panels-on-fire/ar-BBDzAxy?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp

Aluminium cladding no doubt

Interview on the radio today and apparently the residents offered the £1 million (equivalent 1 flat replacement) flats that the council have acquired are bartering for 2 flats! They were overcrowded so want more space.. also amnesty for sub letters and illegal immigrants.. I really give up.. 

15 minutes ago, macca13 said:

Interview on the radio today and apparently the residents offered the £1 million (equivalent 1 flat replacement) flats that the council have acquired are bartering for 2 flats! They were overcrowded so want more space.. also amnesty for sub letters and illegal immigrants.. I really give up.. 

Great here isn't it?

Give us free stuff coz........just coz......

11 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Great here isn't it?

Give us free stuff coz........just coz......

The precedent of giving lots and lots of money and free stuff to the survivors of this particular fire has been set. My kids school in Yorkshire are doing a fundraiser for the 'Survivors of the Grenfall fire'. They didn't do one for the survivors of the recent, and much closer, Manchester bombing (for example), so why this one? Black Pidgeon did a podcast called 'The DANGEROUS PRECEDENT of Unbridled Charity' on YouTube, and I agree with most all of his points. 

6 hours ago, newbonic said:

The precedent of giving lots and lots of money and free stuff to the survivors of this particular fire has been set. My kids school in Yorkshire are doing a fundraiser for the 'Survivors of the Grenfall fire'. They didn't do one for the survivors of the recent, and much closer, Manchester bombing (for example), so why this one? Black Pidgeon did a podcast called 'The DANGEROUS PRECEDENT of Unbridled Charity' on YouTube, and I agree with most all of his points. 

Well we know why this fire is being treated differently, it's the same reason that the Attorney General has just tweeted that any illegal immigrants that were living in the tower won't be prosecuted, nor will tenants illegally subletting.

This country was once defined by the rule of law as an absolute. Multiculturalism means politicians pay the Danegeld to the media and the mob.

Utterly shameful and un-english and with untold consequences.

4 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Well we know why this fire is being treated differently, it's the same reason that the Attorney General has just tweeted that any illegal immigrants that were living in the tower won't be prosecuted, nor will tenants illegally subletting.

This country was once defined by the rule of law as an absolute. Multiculturalism means politicians pay the Danegeld to the media and the mob.

Utterly shameful and un-english and with untold consequences.

http://newswidestime.com/peter-scotter-jailed-over-sunderland-niqab-attack/

A man who pulled a niqab off a woman’s face and called her a “stupid” Muslim has been jailed for 15 months.

Daft thing to do of course - but deserving of 15 months?  Seems just more craziness and not a little bias.  

Edited by billybong