House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will!

Healthcare Safety Intelligence Analyst

This is a follow up to my "Anyone Been Involved With The Air / Marine / Rail Accident Investigation Branches?" thread, which is now archived and I cannot add to.

Vacancies have been advertised with the Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch for an Intelligence Manager and Analyst.  According to the advert:

[T]he Intelligence Unit (IU) will gather, integrate, analyse and prioritise healthcare safety intelligence from a wide variety of sources. Working with the lead investigators the IU team will help to identify, define and propose investigations, series of investigations, or safety studies by HSIB into safety events or issues affecting the healthcare system. 

The IU team will also assist HSIB in evaluating and assessing the ultimate effects of its investigation reports and recommendations, to inform the choice of future investigation subjects and provide recommendations for improving investigative processes and methods.

Given that HSIB is modelled on the Air Accident Investigation Branch, I suspect the goal is for the Intelligence Analyst to produce reports on safety issues similar to the Civil Aviation Authority.  However the NHS doesn't really gather data to the same extent that the CAA does so I'm not quite sure how this is going to work.  I'm also not sure what kind of statistics skills HSIB is going to hire for a maximum of £60k pa.  Nevertheless I'm going to apply!