House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Schools finishing early on Fridays

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4644358/Primary-school-plans-finish-LUNCHTIME-Fridays.html

Parents are furious as primary school announces plans to finish at LUNCHTIME on Fridays 'because of funding cuts'

• Parents furious after Leicestershire school proposes ending Friday's early
  • Danemill Primary wants to send pupils home at lunchtime from October

We've just had a letter from our childrens school informing us that from Sept the school will be shut from Friday afternoon from Sept, although that's because they are lengthening the day Mon-Thur and teachers can have Friday afternoon for training and personal development.....

Sounds like a good thing to me. School holidays should also return to the original length.

I used to have 10 weeks + in the summer, 4 full weeks in Christmas and over Easter.

23 minutes ago, Errol said:

Sounds like a good thing to me. School holidays should also return to the original length.

I used to have 10 weeks + in the summer, 4 full weeks in Christmas and over Easter.

Only students I know who get ten weeks are in private school. Who let you out early..._

27 minutes ago, Errol said:

When was that?

My secondary had that but only because it was also a boarding school (I lived 6miles away so didn't board) and we had to go to school on Saturday (1h in ******ing chapel unless you could slip by and toss it off somewhere) and officially school finished at 5:30... 'sports' or other activities from 4-5. :(

29 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I wonder why they can't do 'training and personal development' on, say, a Tuesday morning? 

Or during the ample holidays?

57 minutes ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Or during the ample holidays?

Or on the training days when they close the school and the kids get an extra day off every now and then

19 hours ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

When was that?

My secondary had that but only because it was also a boarding school (I lived 6miles away so didn't board) and we had to go to school on Saturday (1h in ******ing chapel unless you could slip by and toss it off somewhere) and officially school finished at 5:30... 'sports' or other activities from 4-5. :(

Do you mean by that what I think you mean?!

It remains something I find astonishing that schools can just decide to do things like this without any central body stepping in and saying 'you can't just ****** about with parent's work timetable like this -- if you want to do this then you've got to get it passed at a high level'.

As far as I can tell, schools behave as though they take a delight in messing people up.  Not just believing themselves to be superior to others, but being psychotic enough to make sure the others know it.  

"Friday is a special day; the congregational prayer performed on this day holds special significance in the life of a Muslim."